1. Whew, talk about a busy week. Jay was actually out of town for work all week (thankfully, he’s back as of late last night!), so it’s been a single parenting sort of week. And let me just say…for those of you who do this all the time? You are superheroes.
2. I realized as I went to start writing today’s post that I really haven’t written about anything new with us since last Friday. You haven’t missed much (hence the reason you hadn’t really heard from me before today!), but I did have a super fun little gathering at my house last Friday evening with some neighbors for a “Ladies Night Out!” I had out a table for my Usborne Books, my friend Kate had her Jamberry Nails business, and we also had One Hope Wine with us, thanks to (blog reader!), Christy!
The evening was so much fun, we had lots of good food, and the wine was seriously awesome. If you’ve never tried it before, I’d definitely recommend trying the Red Blend, the California Chardonnay, or the California Sparkling Brut.
I’m also really excited for my two new nail colors to come in – Waltz and Suede!
3. I found this picture on my phone and I couldn’t remember why in the world I had taken it. At first, I assumed it was because I was documenting going to bed at a super late hour, but then I realized it was actually the time we were able to wake up last Saturday(!). Lucas had slept over at my parents’ house and Alex decided to sleep in a bit…ahhhhhmazing.
4. How many other Keepers are there out there?? <—SUCH a great read.
5. The weather over here has been awesome. I’d actually almost say it’s been too warm, but I’ll bite my tongue because come 2-3 months from now, I’ll be dying for it. I was actually thinking we might bring the boys apple picking over the weekend, but something tells me it may not quite feel like “apple picking weather?”
6. I’ve kinda been diggin’ La Croix lately. For the longest time, I didn’t really understand the “hype,” and while I wouldn’t say I’m an addict or anything like that, I will say it’s quite delicious. Who else is on board the La Croix obsession train?
7. For the first time in a long time, I’ve actually got some ripe bananas that are ready for baking (besides the breakfast cookies I recently made!) and I’m excited about it. I’m thinking I may have to go classic with some of Grandma’s Banana Bread, although these banana cupcakes are always awesome too (because…that frosting). Anyone else have any other favorites for their ripe bananas??
8. I’m totally curious…how many days (on average) do you guys work out? I often think back to my days of working out 5, 6, sometimes 7 (eek) days a week and, lately, I feel like I can barely squeeze in 3. I’m SO off my game!
I’d keep writing out some more fun facts, but Jay actually came home a little sooner than expected (yay!) so it’s time to shut down the computer <3
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!