1. We started getting our new backsplash installed in the kitchen this week and I am SO excited to see it finished!
2. Apparently there’s a new movie coming out this Christmas called The Big Short. Jay shared the trailer with me (<—link over there) the other day and it looks SO good. I cannot wait to see it!!
3. I just love getting mail and packages…especially when it’s unexpected and from good friends. Earlier this week, I received an adorable little “housewarming” gift from the lovely Kristin.
I mean, m&m’s and fall décor? Girl after my own heart.
4. Who else was a huge fan of the movie ‘The Sandlot?’ Well check this out: 11 Epic Life Lessons For My Kids From ‘The Sandlot’ I totally wanted to be Wendy Peffercorn!
5. Have you guys heard that ShopStyle now has their own free app?? The app seems awesome so far, and it allows you to so things like set sale alerts and create your own personalized shopping experience.
Other cool perks? The app will also help you find and compare millions of products from all your favorite brands, retailers, and stores, so if shopping is your thing, it’s definitely worth checking out. Plus, it’s free!
6. Twice in one week?!
Last night, Jay and I met up with our pals Kanika and Shaheen for a “child-free” date night dinner at Druthers. These two are just such great fun, and the food and beers weren’t too shabby either. We shared some of my favorite pretzels and beer cheese dip, their famous mac & cheese (WOW), and then Jay and I shared a veggie pizza.
And then for dessert, we got their cookie “platter” (which, to my standards, definitely wasn’t a platter, but was still good).
And then Kanika and I asked the waitress for milk to go with our cookies and I think she looked at us like we were total weirdos.
7. I came across this post earlier in the week: All the Wines That Pair Best With Your Child’s Crappy Behavior and it is TOO funny not to share. Looks like I could use some Merlot!
8. Jay and I spent hours working both outside and in the basement yesterday. We both took the day off from work and, wow, talk about productive.
There was plenty of dirt and raking outside, and then we attempted to put together a little makeshift area in the basement so we can at least hang out down there for a change of scenery with Lucas every now and then.
The rug was actually a random leftover piece from the builder, so you bet we’ll put that to use for now!
9. Are any of you already sick of all the OMGPUMPKIN everywhere? Well if that’s the case, then look no further. Go ahead and use up some of that apple cider you’ve probably got on hand, and make a batch of my Apple Cider Cupcakes with Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting. They’re seriously some of my favorites!!
10. I am so looking forward to the weekend. Is the work day over yet??
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3