1. I am so totally torn on what to do about giving Alex a haircut. He really does need one (especially around the ears!) but I just don’t think I’m ready to get rid of these little curls just yet… <3 <3
2. Isn’t it funny how sometimes, the best meals happen when you’re just “winging” it? I had an idea of putting together a pasta dish with some chicken sausage, freshly diced tomatoes, pesto, onion, garlic…and Jay totally delivered. This was one of the best pasta dishes we’ve had in a long time! Also paired along with some delicious beer brewed by our next door neighbor. I have no idea what it was, but it reminded me of fall and I’m in love. Bring on the Octoberfest, baby!
3. One of the gifts that my parents got Lucas for his birthday was a game called Zingo, and he is obsessed. Lately, we’ve been playing about 3-4 game per day(!), and I’m actually not hating it. Bonus? It’s helping him practice/identify some new words!
4. I spotted this sign while browsing through the At Home store the other day, and maybe it’s just me, but I had never heard of this thing with teal pumpkins? Have you guys?? I think it’s a pretty neat concept!
5. Speaking of At Home, I went on a mission to find some new fall faux flowers for our hanging buckets and came out successful! Not only that, but I also snagged a couple of outdoor pillows for half off to place out front in our rocking chairs. Victoryyyyyy!
6. I realized the other day that I had a store credit to Macy’s sitting in my wallet, so yesterday I decided to use it to get this new sweater (in black) and this new sweater vest (in grey). I’m finding myself more and more ready to embrace all things fall suddenly!
7. We had a fun mail day yesterday! Three new books that I recently ordered arrived, all of which I am SO excited to share with Lucas. He’s been totally into all things weather-related these days, so I knew our Lift-the-Flap What Makes it Rain? book would be perfect. Along with that, I also picked up Look Inside Space and You Choose (<— and this book, FYI, is incredible. It’s great for language development, sparking creativity, and letting kids use their imagination. SO cool!!).
I also got some fun new Usborne swag for hitting some of our company sales goals for June, too!
8. Total parenting win last night at dinner…Lucas ate broccoli. He said he actually LIKED it. And he ate all of it that was on his plate. Unbelievable!
Have no doubt, though…the next time I go to give it to him, I’m sure he “won’t like it.”
9. Jay and I started watching Ozark on Netflix last week (likely our last new series before all of our favorite fall shows come back on) and we are LOVING it. We’ve got two more episodes to go (hopefully one of those will be tonight after I finish typing up this post!). Have you watched it??
10. Thanks to this cold I’m still trying to kick, I haven’t worked out in about a week…which means it’s that much harder to get back on the wagon. I will say though, I’m ready to get moving again!!
I’m hoping to find something fun to do with the boys this weekend, since we totally missed out on any sort of fun last week. So here’s hoping it’s a good one!
Alright, I’m off for today, my friends. Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3