Hey, friends! How was your weekend? Fun-filled, I hope! Here’s what was happening around here…
But really, I’ve got other things to talk about this morning. Fun things.
So we did this back in June. But now, I’m bringin’ it back again…
It’s the return of the Yoga Challenge, baby!
Admittedly, I really fell off the yoga bandwagon last month; I think I was lucky if I got in maybe 4 sessions total? And I always kick myself for it because I really do feel so awesome when I do it consistently.
So now, with the start of a new month (and a recently purchased Groupon deal for 5 yoga classes at a local studio) I’m once again taking the challenge to, once again, incorporate more yoga into my life…and I hope that you’ll all join me!
If you do, I even made you this fun, festive button to add to your blog, too.
Can you tell I love all things fall/Halloween/October?
This time around, I’m keeping things the same as they were in June, so here’s what we’ve got on tap…
So…What’s the Challenge?
- For me, I’m challenging myself to incorporate three sessions of a yoga a week into my workout routine. The length of sessions doesn’t matter – 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 10 minutes – as long as I do three sessions.
- If you want to join in on the challenge but you think three sessions would be too much (or too little!) then you can create your own yoga challenge.
- Maybe you want to master a new pose?
- Maybe you want to finally try out that hot yoga studio down the street?
- Maybe this is going to be your first-ever attempt at down dog?
- It’s totally up to you!
What if I don’t have any yoga equipment/studios/DVD’s?
- No worries! There are about a gazillion DVD’s out there. I have a few that I enjoy (all of which are in my Amazon Store):
- There are also plenty of great yoga websites that offer free or low-cost yoga videos for you to try…
How will I check in? (dates have been edited*)
- On Mondays, I’m going to do a recap post of how the week went for myself (did I get all 3 sessions in, how am I feeling, etc…) and I would encourage you to do the same. I will have a link-up (similar to WIAW) where you’ll be able to link your own recap post, so this way we can all help cheer each other on! Our first one will be Monday, October 8th.
- If you don’t have a blog, but still want to include a recap, email me with a small snippet by Sunday at 5pm (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com) and I’ll include it in my own post.
- You can tweet and/or Instagram about the challenge using the hashtag #myyogachallenge. This way, we can all follow along throughout the month (and use it for encouragement when we may need it!)
I think I’m looking forward to this challenge even more than I was the first challenge, and I’m reeeeeally hoping that you guys will get psyched about it too. If there’s any other questions, or anything I missed, feel free to ask.