Remember a couple of weeks ago when I made those awesome stuffed peppers?
Well, I did promise you all a recipe…and I’m not one to break a promise!
These stuffed peppers are not only super easy to make, but they’re incredibly flavorful and delicious. Because you put the ground turkey in raw, the insides cook up very similar to what you’d find in a meatloaf. Definitely different from your usual stuffed pepper recipe, but hey…different is a good thing.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
A classic: stuffed peppers, but made simple by cooking in the crockpot. Set it and forget it until dinner time!
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 large bell peppers*
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 pound raw ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15oz) can of Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained with juice reserved
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut just the tops off peppers and remove seeds and ribs from inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, cooked rice, 1/2 of the can of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg substitute and spices. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and place into crockpot, stuffed side up. Pour chicken broth and remaining canned tomatoes with juice over and around peppers.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. ENJOY!
*I only had four peppers on hand, but there was enough filling to easily fill five, if not six small peppers.
(adapted from Corey’s Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe)
I’d be willing to bet that these would be delicious topped with some mozzarella cheese, but I didn’t have any on hand when I made them. Next time, I think I’m gonna do just that.
Alright…so who’s ready to get that crockpot out now?