So guess what? Jay and I are having leftovers tonight from last night’s dinner. As delicious as it is, I’m sure you guys probably don’t care to hear me rave about it two nights in a row…
But never fear! I have a guest post for you all tonight from a very, VERY special person who is giving you all her very, VERY delicious chili recipe. Oh yes my friends, tonight’s guest post comes from my amazing friend, Mallory, who I coerced into writing a guest post for you all with her fantastic chili recipe. She’s a funny one, so I really think you’re going to enjoy not only the long-awaited chili recipe, but her fun post, too! Enjoy!
Greetings Sweet Tooth Sweet Life readers!
(From Courtney- hey, what can I say? I love my Mal!)
It is pretty safe to say that I share Courtney’s love for all things fall (hello, pumpkin coffee addiction!) and live for Football Sundays spent with great friends. As a die hard NY Giants fan I usually need those friends, a hefty dose of seasonal beer, and a combination of sweet and savory snacks to make it through the stressful games.
With the change in seasons, and the arrival of football, my go to recipe for fall gatherings has been a big ‘ole pot of chili.
When Courtney first asked me if I would be willing to guest post my chili recipe I was excited but also a little nervous. This was mostly due to the fact that the name of this recipe is “Easy Chili” so once I share it with you, the perception of me as “Chili Master” will go out the window.
Some of my friends will argue that it is the way I make it that truly makes this chili the best but trust me, it is just too easy for that to be true. If you follow the recipe, I promise that you too will be dubbed “Chili Master” of your household.
Looking for the perfect easy chili recipe? Well look no further! My friend Mal makes THE best chili, and having it made in the crockpot makes it 100x better because it's SO easy!
20 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (I use Contadina brand with Italian herbs)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Bush’s chili starter OR Bush's Kidney Beans in Mild Chili Sauce, DON’T DRAIN
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown meat in large skillet. Add onion and green pepper halfway through the browning process. Drain grease. Pour into slow cooker.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. (I told you it is so easy!)
- Cover. Cook on high 3 hours or low 7-8 hours. (I highly recommend cooking the chili on low, the longer it simmers the better it will be.)
- Serve in bowls (bread bowls work great) topped with cheddar cheese.
Happy slow cooking…and remember GO GIANTS!
I want to give a big THANK YOU shout out to Mal for providing us all with her amazing chili recipe! Isn’t she the best?!? Well, except for that whole “Go Giants” thing…