Alright, let’s talk about that “special bread” I’ve been mentioning for the past two days.
I know I was a little bit of a tease and honestly, I promise I would have given it to you sooner…but first, I had to remember the ingredients that I used and actually write them out. Whoops.
This bread actually incorporates two of my favorite healthier bread recipes in a way that just works: a yummy fusion of banana + pumpkin bread.
I’m warning you that they incorporate my “healthier” bread recipes because I don’t want you to end up like Jay did when he took his first bite and was disappointed that it didn’t taste like his mom’s pumpkin bread.
“Of course it won’t honey. It doesn’t have a cup of oil in it.”
Oil and all though, my mother-in-law does make an amazing pumpkin bread. It’s not healthified in any way, shape, or form, but it’s a holiday treat and I always savor every last bite. Actually, it usually doesn’t take Jay and I more than a couple of days to finish off the loaf.
But now, lucky for me, I’ve got a new bread in town that can be enjoyed more than once a year and can keep me AND my waistline happy. So I guess I can’t feel *too* bad about finishing off the loaf all by myself in one week, right?
Pumpkin Banana Bread
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 12-15 (depending on how “generous” you are with your slicing)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (6 oz.) container vanilla Chobani
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 egg substitute
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bananas, Chobani, sugar, egg substitute, and pumpkin.
- Add both flours, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined, and the batter is free of any lumps.
- Pour batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle of bread comes out clean. Enjoy!
Enjoy a slice cold, or reheated in the microwave for 15 seconds, topped with pumpkin butter, or with peanut butter.
Either way, it’ll taste delicious!