Okay, where do I even begin this morning?
You guys have absolutely shocked me with your responses to the Reader Survey that I put out on Tuesday. I was expecting mayyyybe a hundred responses (since I know they aren’t really everyone’s favorite thing), but I really had no idea. Last I checked, there were over 1,100. I am mind blown.
I will tell you that I have spent the last couple of days going through and reading every single survey. I’ll be honest, I was a little nervous when I first sat down to read them because I had no idea what I was in for. But, I asked for your opinions, whether they’re good or bad, because I want and appreciate any and all constructive feedback from you guys.
So really, I must have some of the. best. readers. out there. Not even kidding. Every single survey response and comment I’ve received from you guys has been amazing. And by amazing, I don’t mean that they’re all glowing reviews or that you all love everything that goes on around here (which is okay, and I wouldn’t want that). But any criticism that I did receive was constructive, which I can completely appreciate.
I certainly don’t expect to be able to please everyone, and when someone like me blogs about all of the various topics that I do (umm, yeah, there’s a bunch) they’re not all going to hit home for everyone.
I thought you guys might be interested on where your results fall with others, so I figured I’d touch on a few of the survey questions/results. (I took these screenshots early on Wednesday, so some things have changed, but the overall results have remained consistent). Let’s take a look!
You don’t know how much it means to have so many of you reading for so long. This was probably one of my favorite pieces of info I got!
I asked this question because I’ve been debating on whether or not I want to change the appearance/readability of my site on a mobile device to be more user-friendly. These results have me a bit on the fence, but if you are a mobile device reader and have any extra feedback about that, feel free to leave it below!
Most of you are kiddo free! Enjoy that freedom, my friends.
As for your favorite types of posts…
And posts you’d like to see more of…
And your thoughts on product giveaways…
As for the optional comments, I had close to 300 of you take the time to leave me extra feedback, which was awesome. Some were positive, some were negative, but all of them were constructive which I can 100% appreciate. Overall, here are some of the most resounding results that I’ve gathered after my initial review…
- Some of you don’t love sponsored posts, and some of you have stopped reading or cut back on checking in as often because of them. Some of you don’t mind them, and some don’t really enjoy them but understand why I do them. I touched on this briefly before, and I know that sponsored posts aren’t for everyone, which is totally fine. I get it! While I do still intend to do some down the road, I will stand by my claim that I will continue to only partner with brands/products/etc. that I know, love, are extremely interested to try out, or think that you guys would love. I turn opportunities down every single week that aren’t a fit, and will continue to do so.
- Most of you like the “day in the life” posts, and just regular story telling posts. These are probably some of my favorite ones to do, too! But sometimes it gets tough when I’m sitting in an office cube most days a week (which is why it’s always easier for me to blog like that after the weekend)…I’m going to work on this, though!
- Surprisingly, quite a few of you want me to incorporate more fashion, beauty, hair, and makeup posts. I had no idea! This is something I’d love to bring back (umm, my fashion page hasn’t been touched in over two years…) so it’s got the wheels spinning.
I get it…you guys just want to see me make a goofball of myself.
- Many of you miss all of the recipe posts that I used to do. Sigh…so do I. Although I have been working on bringing some back lately, they’re definitely some of my more time consuming posts. In the meantime, I’d love to hear what kind of recipes you’re looking for…Cookies? Quick dinners? Crockpot?
- A bunch of you are not diggin’ my WIAW posts. Hey, guess what? Me either. So that’s a done deal. My meals are usually so similar from week to week that it’s about time that I put WIAW to an end. At least for now. Whenever I do have some fun or different meals to share, I certainly will.
- A good amount of you are kiddo free, so you don’t always love the kid-focused posts. This is something I totally get and appreciate, which is why I try to publish most of my totally kid-centered posts to the Baby Tooth page (although if you’re reading via a blog reader, then you’ll see them all published anyways). I’ve never wanted this blog to become too “mommy focused,” but since being a mom is a huge part of my life right now, it’s something that I can’t really avoid (nor would I want to all together).
- Quite a few of you are interested in some more updates on my HA diagnosis and/or more of my thoughts about body image post-baby. I have quite a few posts that I’m sure I could put together on these topics, and I’ve been thinking about them quite a bit recently so I’m hoping to get those up soon.
- A bunch of you are also interested in hearing more about how I maintain a fitness routine/work out, and try to stay healthy while working full time and, well, still juggling everything else. I like this one! I’ll have to see what I can do here. Maybe a series of some sort? A weekly check-in? Hmmm…
I could go on and on about every other little bit of info you guys gave me, but I’ll try to just stick with the main ones up above there. This was exactly what I needed to get the “blog brain” working again! Now…to find the time to do it.
So again, I want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to participate in the Reader Survey. I’ll be emailing the winner of the $75 Amazon Gift Card directly, and if I could email each of you separately to thank you, too, I would. You guys are the best.
As for today, I’ve got some good stuff on the agenda. I already started the day out with a great T25 workout, later this morning is breakfast club at work, and I made some of theeeeese…
Then after work, I’ve got a girls’ night out and hibachi dinner on the agenda. Woot!