Do you love the taste of a decadent alfredo dish, but tend to shy away from it because you think it’s too calorie-heavy? Well, this skinny alfredo is a fabulous solution for you.
This lightened up alfredo sauce is one of the best I have ever tasted. Pair it with some freshly grilled chicken and roasted broccoli and not only do you have an explosion of flavor, but you’ve also got yourself a well-rounded meal.
Serve it over regular pasta, zoodles, or spaghetti squash. No matter what you choose, it’s sure to be a winner!
Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups roasted broccoli florets
- 8 ounces fettuccine (zoodles or spaghetti squash work great too)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- >1/4 cup plain FAGE Total 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan.
Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!