Who doesn’t love the idea of making breakfast seem bigger? These Voluminous Oats will do just that, and will keep you full for hours!
A little prep the night before or early in the morning of will give you the most delicious bowl of Voluminous Oats!
Here’s how I make ‘em:
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Want to make breakfast seem bigger? These Voluminous Oats provide a huge bowl that you can totally customize and it will keep you full for hours!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or almond, also a favorite)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 – 1 scoop protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dried fruit
- As much fresh fruit as you want!
- Stir oats mixture again, turn heat on high, bring to a boil. Once bubbling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer, about 5 minutes. Top with any desired toppings and go to town!
- In a small sauce pot, combine oats oats, water, chia seeds, and any desired spices.
- Bring to a boil, and as soon as it starts to bubble, turn off the heat, stir, and cover. Leave overnight or for at least an hour.
- Stir your oats mixture (it will be thick). Add 1/3 cup almond milk (or any milk) and any optional add-ins you prefer.
- Stir oats mixture again, turn heat on high, bring to a boil. Once bubbling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer, about 5 minutes. Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!
For today’s batch, I used vanilla extract, 1/2 a mashed banana, and loads of fresh strawberries and blueberries, as well as a sprinkling of Love Grown Foods granola.
Thanks to all of the fresh berries, this bowl had to be one of the largest yet. Gotta love that extra volume.
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas? Check out the Recipe Index!
Have a great day, everyone!