Now that the weather is starting to warm up and softball season is back in full swing, dinner time around here is starting to look a bit different. I may wind up having to switch things up in the coming weeks to maybe feature some weekly meal plan ideas and not necessarily just ours…because I can’t promise they’re going to be very exciting! But of course, you can always look back at some of the archives, which is what I do quite frequently.
As for this past week? Well, we got off to a good start. And then things got a little
Sunday: Mother’s Day dinner!
Monday: Skillet Spiced Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples and Onions with baked sweet potatoes and sautéed zucchini
Tuesday: Cheeseburgers with sautéed onions, french fries, and green beans
Wednesday: Grilled chicken salads with lots of veggies, avocado, and ranch dressing (because it’s sort of a thing for me at the moment)
Thursday: Soft serve vanilla and orange twist with rainbow sprinkles…followed up with way too many BBQ chips after getting home and watching some TV.
The picture of health right there, my friends.
Friday: Out for pizza with the family from The Redfont (to celebrate my brother’s new job – way to go, Dan!)
Saturday: Date night out with Jay – details to come tomorrow, I’m sure
***** BREAKFAST IDEAS *****
- A nice cold and refreshing smoothie or smoothie bowl
- Veggielicious Egg Casserole (make it today and have it for the week ahead!)
- Overnight Oats In A Jar (OOIAJ) (<—I finally have a jar to use and am SO excited!)
- Egg + toast + fresh fruit
***** LUNCH IDEAS *****
- A wrap filled with your favorite deli meat and loaded up with lots of veggies
- A fun, festive salad filled with lots of colors and seasonal veggies and fruit (here are some favorites!)
- Tomato, Corn, Avocado, & Feta Salad with some added grilled chicken
- Easy Gazpacho
***** SWEET TREATS TO MAKE *****
Because, why not??
These amazing Zucchini Brownies (I need to make those again)
Orange Cream Soda Pop Cupcakes (an old recipe, but still one of my favorites!)
Have a GREAT Sunday, everyone! I’ll catch ya tomorrow.