Hey guys! Happy Thursday! Hope everyone is having a good week so far. We’ve been semi-busy, as usual, but nothing too crazy which has been nice. In fact, we’ve even managed to have three sit down dinners in a row over here, which is like, a major victory.
I decided I’m switching things up a bit with today’s post, and I’m hoping it works out where I can keep this going. I still want to share the dinners mentioned above with you guys since they’ve been delish. But I’m also throwing a little fashion into the mix today!
Since I was totally shocked at just how many of you are interested in this aspect of the blog that has died a slow death, I figured it’d be fun to try and revive it a bit. I’m still not really sure where I’m going with this…i.e., will I do it weekly, make it a series, who knows?…but we’re gonna play around and see what happens.
So today I’m sharing three of my outfits so far from this week. I figure hey, if I have something that I think looks cute, I’ll go ahead and share! *FYI: Please do not mistake my thinking something looks cute for actually being fashionable. While I’d like to think I’m not atrocious with fashion, I certainly don’t know it all and I’m no crazy fashionista.
That said, here’s some of this week’s outfits so far! And please, ignore the mirror that very obviously needs to be scrubbed of itty bitty fingerprints.
- Blazer: LC by Lauren Conrad via a consignment store (Clothes Mentor) *Couldn’t find it online but similar, similar and similar.
- Tank: Van Heusen Outlet (similar)
- Jeans: Mavi Stretch Skinny Jeans via StitchFix
- Boots: Kaylor Slouchy boots via Target
- Watch: Stella via Fossil
- Sweater: Textured Sweater via Old Navy (their Stuff & Save is still going on, check it out!)
- Navy Ankle Pants: Van Heusen Outlet (similar to Old Navy’s Pixie Pant!)
- Shoes: Sole Society
- Necklace: Pixley via StitchFix
FYI, this is the sweater (if you already follow me on Instagram, you know this) that I totally forgot to pull the tag from and didn’t notice it until about 4pm that day.
Co-workers, whyyyy did you not tell me this?!?
Can I get a heck YES for working from home clothes and no makeup?!
- Tank: Reebok Studio Tank
- Pants: FiveBamboo via Healthy Living Summit 2012(?)
- Shoes: Reebok Cushion One
So there ya have it. What do you think? Anything up there you guys would wear? Or wouldn’t be caught dead in? It’s okay, I can take it.
As for those dinners that have been super delish…
On Monday night we had another Blue Apron meal of Cuban Sandwiches with Sweet Plantain and Kale Salad.
I was impressed with this meal for numerous reasons, one being that my husband actually ate the salad. Like, all of it…kale AND plantains. I was shocked. And we both loved it. Again, such unique flavor combinations from them. Total winner.
Ha. And here’s a throw-something-together-quick meal that happened on Tuesday that all three of us enjoyed.
Yummy Dino Buddies (found ‘em at BJ’s and the nutrition wasn’t too horrible for frozen chicken nuggets), some Annie’s white cheddar shells, and roasted asparagus. It wasn’t the fanciest, but everything was delicious and came together in less than 20 minutes so I really can’t complain.
Wednesday was our last Blue Apron meal for this week! Turkey Meatballs & Linguine with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Pecorino Cheese.
This. meal. was. awesome. And honestly, after all three of their meals this week, we decided we’ll probably get another one in a couple of weeks. It’s totally worth it for us right now!
Alright guys, that’s a wrap for today. I have a dish of ice cream ready and waiting with my name on it, along with some of my favorite Wednesday night shows so I’m outttttta here.
Questions for Today:
- What kind of fashion trends have you been loving so far this fall?
- Any new/returning TV shows you’re into right now? <—we’re SO excited to have American Horror Story back tonight!!
- What’s been the best meal you’ve had so far this week (if you have a recipe, feel free to share it!)