As of today, I am officially on vacation for 5 whole days. Wooo Hooo!! I took today off, and our office is closed Thursday and Friday, so it’s going to be so nice to have a little extra time at home. Now let’s just hope whatever these cold symptoms are I feel creeping up make sure to stay away because Thanksgiving + sick = NO good.
But hey, it’s Wednesday and all, so I thought I’d jump on board with some WIAW. It’s been a little while since I participated because, honestly, so many of my meals lately have really just been carbs. I want ‘em ALL! But this past Monday was actually a fairly normal, albeit still somewhat heavy on the carbs (but who cares), day of eating.
I’m always hungry before I have my breakfast at work, and if I haven’t already snacked on saltines, then I’m usually scrounging around the kitchen for something. On this particular day, I’m pretty sure it was a handful of Cheerios and a peanut butter chocolate chip mini muffin (recipe coming soon!)
An English muffin with peanut butter, bananas, and chia seeds. Plus water. Come back into my life soooon coffee, mmkay??
A strawberry yogurt topped with a little Love Grown Foods granola.
I honestly can’t tell you the last time I had a yogurt that wasn’t plan or vanilla (or Oikos toasted coconut vanilla – one of my favorites!) and it was good, but I still like my vanillas better.
I stopped home for lunch since I didn’t give myself time to make anything in the morning. A sandwich sounded super awesome, so I made one with turkey (I buy the Applegate Farms oven roasted turkey), provolone, lettuce, tomato, avocado, pickles, and a little mayo (love mayo right now!).
Plus baby carrots on the side…even though I really could have gone for chips. ;)
And because I still needed a little something sweet before I went back to work, I grabbed a couple of pieces of chocolate. YUM.
I’m not sure if I was more bored or hungry come about 2:30, but I wanted something so I snacked on an orange.
And then I saw a pack of fruit snacks in my desk drawer and immediately wanted those, too. So I did.
I’m also fairly certain I wound up snacking on crackers before we had dinner, but no photographic evidence of that. ;)
Ohhhh, it was a good one! I made a version of this Hearty Italian Meatball Soup after seeing it in my All Recipes magazine, and it was amazing. Along with some garlic bread because…garlic bread.
My only change was subbing the diced tomatoes for fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies (gave it a bit of a kick, which Jay loved) and I also added about 2 cups of fresh, chopped spinach.
I thought about going back for something else, but with the way I’ve been attacking the sweets lately, I figured it was probably not a bad idea to call it quits for the night.
And that’s a wrap!
Before I leave you all today, I’ve got a couple quick things. FIRST, the winner of the $100 Sears gift card giveaway! Congrats to Karla!
Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so we can hook you up with your gift card!
And finally, in addition to Sears, here are some more great Black Friday deals I recently found (still waiting for those flyers to arrive!)
- Leesa – $75 OFF a Leesa mattress with a $50 Target gift card for every mattress purchased (from Friday 11/27 through Monday 11/30). You may remember we recently got a Leesa mattress and LOVE it!
- Ebates – Having double cash back on tons of stores!!! (Kohls – 6%, Old Navy, 8%, Nordstrom, 6%, UGG, 13% cash back!)
- Victoria’s Secret – Buy One Get One 50% off bras, free socks with a Pink purchase, $10 Pink Ultimate tank
- Nordstrom – Lots of great deals with some items up to 50% off!
- Zulily – Tons of great deals, and they even have Hudson right now! Plus, I just bought Lucas three Christmas gifts on there yesterday, including a super awesome work bench!
- Target – Lots of great deals but they have an amazing deal on the Nikon D3300 DX for only $499 ($500 off!)
- Old Navy – 50% off the entire store (loving THIS flannel in white/black and THIS ONE in orange ombre stripe!)
- Express – 50% off the entire store until noon (totally loving this sweater!)
I doubt I’ll be stopping in tomorrow on Thanksgiving, so to those who will be celebrating, I wish you all a fabulous day with friends, family, or whoever you’ll be spending it with. Eat all. the. food. and don’t sweat it, okay?? It’s just one day a year. xoxo