Zumba, Here I Come!

by Courtney on July 1, 2010

It’s really not a good thing when these are the first thing staring you in the face upon entering the kitchen for breakfast…

I think I should have done a better job hiding these delicious gems yesterday.

I was almost able to justify the banana ingredient as suitable for breakfast, but I thought better of it, and resisted the temptation…for now. ;)

So instead, I rolled with the cereal combo and was pleasantly satisfied. Sometimes, there’s just nothin’ better than a good ‘ol bowl (or mug) of cereal — am I right?

1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares + 1/2 cup Kashi Heart to Heart + 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk + strawberries & blueberries

Last night’s Happy Hour with the girls was so much fun! I actually decided to take the evening off from blogging duties – I really just wanted to enjoy the night and not have to worry about breaking out the camera. I’m sure you guys understand! ;)

We did end up going to a really neat Irish-Mexican restaurant called Jose Malone’s, and we all left with happy, stuffed bellies. I ordered an amazing butternut squash & baby spinach enchilada dish, which totally rocked my socks. I had never tasted anything like it! We all told the boys that we need to go back again — and that we’d allow them to join us this time. ;) hehe

So I’m super excited this morning – I’m about to head out the door for my first Zumba class! I’ve been wanting to take one forever, but my schedule just hasn’t allowed. I’ll be sure to come back with a recap lata, gatas!

**If you haven’t had a chance to fill out the poll for tomorrow’s Fashion Friday post, make sure to check it out – it’s a FUN one!**

Question(s) for the Morning:

Have you ever tried a Zumba class?

What’s your favorite group exercise class to take?

1 Shanna, like Banana July 1, 2010 at 9:05 am

Oh boy spinach and squash AND mexi. Yummmmmm!

Favorit group class is Bikram. So empowering!

2 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 1, 2010 at 9:10 am

Hope you have fun at Zumba. I have not tried it yet. I would like a DVD to practice in the privacy of my own home first ;-)

I’ve really on done step aerobics and spin. I enjoyed both. I would love to try a kickboxing class.

3 Wendy P July 1, 2010 at 9:27 am

Hi Courtney!!! Where are you taking your Zumba classes?

Wendy :)

4 Courtney July 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Hi Wendy! :)
They offer 2 classes on Thursdays at my gym – Golds Gym in Latham.

5 atastelife July 1, 2010 at 9:38 am

Spin or sculpt. Spin because it pushes me to really sweat and sculpt because I love to learn new strength training moves – like to always keep my muscles guessing.

Those cupcakes look divine!!!

6 Amy @ Second City Randomness July 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

I actually don’t enjoy group exercise… I think that’s why I was so shy of yoga until I found it on exercise tv. I just start feeling awkward and get horribly distracted… so I just think of exercise as my “me time” :)

Glad you had a good night out with the ladies!

7 Kelly July 1, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I haven’t ever done Zumba…it looks like too much coordination for me! haha! I like Body Pump and Body Combat!

8 Patrice July 1, 2010 at 1:58 pm

LOVE LOVE Jose Malone’s!!!! So yummy! Who would have thought that Irish Mexican could taste so good!

9 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Yes, I have taken Zumba. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I can’t get groovin’.

I’ve been lovin’ spin lately!