These White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies are the perfect mix of a chewy center, crunchy edge, and all sorts of chocolaty goodness mixed throughout…with a surprise ingredient, too!
Well, well, well. When’s the last time you guys saw a recipe around here? Way too long, I know.
Honestly, I had no intention of even sharing this recipe on the blog. Over the weekend, I wound up making a quick batch of White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies with Lucas, and they turned out so well that I just had to snap a couple of quick pictures and throw ’em in a post. Maybe I’ll try to make them again soon so I can take some new pictures, because I know these really are not good.
But for now, this is what you get because I suddenly decided I was too excited not to share. And ohhhhhh, they. are. GOOD.
Wayyyyy back in the day (i.e., in 2010!) I shared a recipe for Chocolate Butterscotch Cheesecake Cookies, which is what I used as a guide for this particular recipe. Way back then, I was constantly looking for ways to “healthify” a recipe (ugh), so that one included applesauce, and less eggs — which is fine — but these days, if I’m making cookies we’re just going all butter.
And the secret ingredient in these cookies that REALLY contributes to their amazing texture is the pudding mix. They’re nice and soft on the inside, with just the slightest crunchy edge (aka, my favorite kind of cookie).
I also had a bag of these Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme baking chips on hand, so that’s what I decided to use for this recipe. I really liked these and would definitely buy them again, but they’re certainly not required for these cookies; mix it up with your favorite chips and make them your own!
Yields Approx. 40 cookies
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg. white chocolate Jell-o pudding & pie filling (or any flavor of choice!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 9 oz. Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme baking chips
- ~1/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, sugars, dry pudding mix and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in chips.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop and place dough about 1-1/2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
Slightly adapted from this recipe
If you decide to give them a try, let me know what you think! I’d love to hear how you mix up the recipe at all to suit your own tastes!