Meet Courtney…And My Crab Melts

by Courtney on July 7, 2010

Here’s what the last 2 hours of my life have consisted of…

Ahhhh I love it! 8-) Hot, sunny skies, pool water that feels like bath water, big floats, the radio blasting, and some good gossip mags…Life.Is.Good.! If it wasn’t for a grumbling tummy, I would still be out there singing away to the constantly overplayed Lady Gaga & Usher songs I hear probably 5 times a day hour.

Lunch

Mmmmm, lunch was sooo tasty today, and prepped in a jiffy!

I topped a lightly toasted Thomas’s Light multigrain english muffin with fresh spinach, tomato slices, and some leftover crab meat filling from last nights’ crab quesadillas. Then I popped them under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes to get all warm and toasty, and get the cheese just the slightest bit melty. They were divine! :-P

Along with my crab melts, I enjoyed the last of my pineapple. Looks like it’s time to get some more!

Before I head back to the pool to rock out to some more overplayed radio, I have a little leisurely reading for ya’ll!

Meet Courtney Horan

Today, I’m being featured on one of our local newspapers’ blogs, “On The Edge” (which you may seen before on my Blog Roll) as a mini-profile. I had to answer a few fun questions, given to me by the blog’s author, Kristi (who I’ve known since way back in 5th grade when we used to model together!) I think you guys will enjoy it so feel free to check it out and let me know what you think! :)

1 lisaou11 July 7, 2010 at 2:10 pm

geez way to rub your amazing day in my face! haha, so jealous!

Very cool feature! Im gonna go read it now!

2 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 7, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Your lunch looks AMAZING! I already ate but now I want to eat again after seeing those little pizza type things!

3 Shanna, like Banana July 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Oh how I really truly wish I could be baskin’ in the sun 8)

Congrats on the interview!!!

4 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 7, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Fun little interview & great pic!

Have fun with your tabloids. Are you a Bachelorette fan?

5 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) July 7, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I would give anything to lounge by the pool today!! Our summers in Alaska don’t get warm enough to do those things.

6 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices July 7, 2010 at 3:50 pm

With all of these crab recipes, I HAD to look in the store today for some canned crab, but I didn’t purchase any yet, because there were a few varieties, I wanted to ask you what kind you used before getting any. I CANNOT wait to try those quesadillas!!!

7 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 7, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Please enjoy the pool time for me too!

8 Kelly July 7, 2010 at 4:25 pm

What a great interview and a little more insight into YOU! Love it!

9 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 7, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Yum yum yum, that crab melt looks absolutely fantastic. Pool + seafood + tropical fruit = mini vacation. Jealous of your day girl!!

10 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 7, 2010 at 8:40 pm

What a fabulous day! Wow! I’m definitely craving some relaxing pool time!

Lunch looks great…i love melts!

What a great interview!

11 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) July 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Never thought about crab melts, that looks and sounds SO good! I must try that sometime. :)

Jenn