It’s Party Time!!

by Courtney on August 1, 2010

Jay and I were so lucky to have such a beautiful day for our fantastic, 1st Annual “Horan Summer Party”! Since I’m feeling pretty beat, I’ll give you guys a little photo recap of today’s fun.

Snacks

Always gotta have some veggies on hand!

Mal’s Famous Taco Dip (snacked on about a gazillion bites of this)

Pizzaaaaaa :-P (I had 2 slices)

My Homemade Sangria – definitely sipped on this all.day.long. ;)

Booze

Mal’s PB Cookie Cups! (I shared one and it was fabulous!)

LOVE celebrating with friends!!!

IMG_3588IMG_3589

IMG_3602IMG_3590

IMG_3591IMG_3601

And love celebrating with fun beverages & games!

Eventually it was time to break out “the goods” and honor the birthday peeps! ;)

(I ended up having 2 cupcakes throughout the day – Cookie Dough & Oreo)

My two “Birthday Boys” :-D

Being goofy…

Heyyyy, wait a second there Cody! That stuff isn’t for YOU! ;)

It was definitely the perfect way to spend a Saturday!! 8-)

And don’t worry, I’ll make sure to give you guys the scoop on the cupcakes soon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAY, MAL, & CODY!!! :mrgreen:

1 Can You Stay for Dinner August 1, 2010 at 1:19 am

What a wonderful celebration! Love everything about the festivities and I can’t wait to hear more about the cupcakes- they looked delicious!! And by the way, you are out of this world beautiful!!

2 Courtney August 1, 2010 at 10:05 am

Aww, thank you so much! :)

3 Courtney August 1, 2010 at 1:54 am

Congrats on the amazing turnout of the party- looked super fun! You have such an great life.. I’m jealous haha.

PS cute new shirt! ;) you are gorgeous!

4 Courtney August 1, 2010 at 10:06 am

Thanks!! I’m so glad I bought it – it was perfect!

5 Britta August 1, 2010 at 2:41 am

Just stumbled upon your blog -you are gorgeous!!! Looks like you guys had fun :) I want one of those cupcakes!

6 Courtney August 1, 2010 at 10:06 am

Hey, Britta! Thanks for stoppin’ by! :)

7 Megan August 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

So much yummy food! And I would have been sipping on the sangria all day too, that’s the way to do it! You and the hubs are adorable :)

8 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl August 1, 2010 at 10:18 am

Looks like you guys had such a fun day! The food looks amazing!!! I’d have been sipping on sangria all day too, it looks awesome!!

9 Rachel August 1, 2010 at 10:53 am

Looks like a fun party! Cody doesn’t look like he knows what to think with all that going on haha

10 Chicago Cuisine Critique August 1, 2010 at 11:39 am

Those cupcakes look awesome! Can’t wait for the recipe. Looks like you had a great time. :)

11 Shanna, like Banana August 1, 2010 at 2:30 pm

What a great party! Cody looks hrilled to be part of it. Haha!

12 healthdivaeats August 2, 2010 at 9:39 am

You and your hubby seriously are a beautiful couple! Your kids one day will be so beautiful!!!

Looks like your hubby had a wonderful party and birthday!!! The cupcakes you made look AMAZING!!!!!!!! Love them! Yum!!!!!!

13 Courtney August 2, 2010 at 7:08 pm

You are so sweet! Thank You! :)

14 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices August 2, 2010 at 10:13 am

SO CUTE!
Love that you started a ‘summer party’ – such a good idea :D
And taco dip- yum yum!!
Happy Birthday to your hubby & Cody! (& oops for thinking it was your bday on Twitter- haha)

15 CK August 3, 2010 at 11:12 am

Just wanted to share a snackable recipe with you from a bbq this past weekend (courtesy of my mother-in-law):

Chicken Wing Dip:

9 x 11 dish
350 oven

Layer #1: (2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese ( soften to room temp to make it easier to spread onto bottom of dish)

Layer #2: (2) full chicken breasts (boil to cook, then shred into small bite size pieces)

Layer #3: About 3/4 cup chicken wing sauce (Franks Red-Hot Hot wing Sauce made it very zesty!)

Layer #4: About half a bottle of Ken’s Blue Cheese dressing (the big guy)

Layer #5: Sprinkle with 8 oz. shredded mozzerala cheese

Bake for about 30 minutes, enjoy with tortilla chips!

16 CK August 3, 2010 at 11:13 am

Typo: mozzarella… it’s early yet ;)

17 Courtney August 3, 2010 at 11:28 am

Thank you so much for sharing! My mom actually makes a very similar dip with the Franks Red Hot.
I have to pace myself eating it because it’s SO GOOD, but SO SPICY! I can’t handle spicy foods very well. :)