All Mixed Up

by Courtney on September 2, 2010

“…you don’t know what to do,

“Next thing you turn around and find the person is you…”

Any other 311 fans out there? ;) Jay and I actually had the first dance at our wedding to “Love Song” by 311 – I loved it because it wasn’t a “typical first dance” song, and it holds a special spot in both of our hearts. Ahhh sappy…can’t get enough of it. :)

Lunch

Today’s lunch was made in about 5 minutes flat, and then I was out the door again! I ran in to the fridge, starting grabbing stuff, and ended up with a delicious creation.

I mixed up some spring mix lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, leftover corn off the cob (random, but delicious) 2 slices of roasted deli turkey, 1/2 a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese, and a drizzle of honey mustard.

Then I let everyone get properly acquainted…

…and finally stuffed them all into a mini whole wheat pita.

When I eat pitas, I like to slice off just the top, rather than cut the pita in two – it just seems to hold everything in a little easier.

DELICIOUS! :-D

I picked up these Joseph’s Whole Wheat pitas the other day at the store, and I must say, I am definitely impressed. Each pita is only 80 calories, is the perfect size for a sandwich (or pitawich? ;) ) and is tasty to boot!

I also packed up some baby carrots + celery to bring with me in the car on my way back out the door…

Tonight’s Adventures!

As soon as the hubby gets home from work, we are heading out to Lee, MA to hit up the Outlets!! I just received some coupons through my email this week for Labor Day sales, and today is the only day we’d be able to go. I’m so excited the hubby agreed!

Hopefully I can find some good stuff…I tend to have pretty bad luck when I have the opportunity for a good sale! :roll: I’m also planning on grabbing some leftover pizza from the fridge for dinner before we hit the road. Yummmm.

Question for the Evening:

Do you like to Outlet shop? What outlets are your favorite to hit up?

1 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews September 2, 2010 at 4:57 pm

You are so lucky to go shopping! Hopefully you get good use of that Coach coupon ; )

2 michele September 2, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I’m a big fan of the Lee outlets and Manchester Designer outlets too, though lately I’ve been anxious to get up to the Lake George outlets since i hear they have J Crew now!

I hope you find some good deals at Coach! (one of my faves!!) : )

3 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 2, 2010 at 5:37 pm

when it comes to outlets, i love the Coach outlet and the BCBG one :)

4 Chicago Cuisine Critique September 2, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I love the outlets! And..that pita looks delish! What a good idea to mix in the bowl and then stuff. I always feel like the bottom of the pita doesn’t get the right amount of flavor. Thanks for the tip. :)

5 Krista @ Can't Survive on Yarn Alone September 2, 2010 at 5:52 pm

311′s version of Love Song was our wedding song too. We’ve seen them together twice, me two more by myself, and he’s been to prob more than that.

6 runningaroundnormal September 2, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Have fun shopping! Outlets are the bestest:)

7 Midgetkeeper September 2, 2010 at 8:35 pm

My Husband and I are huge 311 fans, went to one of their 4th of July concerts while we were dating and Love Song is also our song, and we danced to it at our wedding.

We still do every anniversary.

8 Courtney September 2, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Awww, that is so sweet! I love it. :)

9 Nicole September 2, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I love that song!!!!!!!!!!!!! and wow your pita looks awesome! I might have to give that try for lunch next week :-)

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 3, 2010 at 7:49 am

I love that song!! My BF’s and my “song” is definitely different as well…I’ve always thought it would make a funny wedding song if we ever got married. Outlet shopping is the best, we have four malls within an hour of my house and I get the best deals there!!

11 Ellen@FirednFabulous September 3, 2010 at 9:07 am

Ohhh that pita sandwich looks REALLY yummy. Love when simple things. And no, I don’t really love to outlet shop. I actually hate shopping in general (mainly because I’m always broke!), and I’m really just not patient enough.

12 allieatfood September 3, 2010 at 10:10 am

Yum, your lunch looks so good! I love the idea of stuffing everything in a pita…a portable salad! I’m just stopping by your blog for the first time and love it. I have a Jay too :)

13 Courtney September 3, 2010 at 11:19 am

Hi Allie! Thanks for stopping by! :)

14 Casey February 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Had to comment just because you mentioned my FAVORITE band of all time. 311!!!! I have been to 17 of their concerts! That is AWESOME you played them for your first dance! I am expecting a baby boy in June and am hoping to find him a 311 onesie! haha!

15 Courtney February 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Ahhh, that’s awesome!! I love hearing from other 311 fans! 17 concerts – that’s amazing…I’m jealous! I’ve only been twice. If you find that onesie, you’ll have to let me know ;)