Sushi on Saturday

On Saturday evening, Jay and I met up with our few of our friends for dinner at Sake Cafe, a local Asian restaurant & sushi bar.

You may remember when we last visited Sake over the summer. We totally loved it, so we were more than excited to return. :)

Since the restaurant is BYOB (love that!) Jay and I decided to bring one of our favorite bottles of Pinot Grigio: Ecco Domani.

I started things off with an amazing bowl of Wonton soup.

I was all about the noodles…SO good!

For my dinner “entree,” I ordered 3 different rolls: a California Roll, Yellowtail Roll, & Alaska Roll.

It was my first time trying the yellowtail roll, and I must say…I was a little nervous when I saw it come out with no rice on the outside. 😯 BUT, I am definitely now a fan! It was super tasty.

Out of the 3 rolls, I’d still say that the California Roll was tops. It’s a tried and true fave. :)

Perhaps one of the most exciting parts of the evening was when Jay actually ordered himself a California roll! Jay never liked sushi, but decided to give it a try…and he actually enjoyed it!

Do you know what this means?!?! More sushi in my future! WAHOOOOO!!!

Question for the Day:

Do you eat sushi? If so, what’s your favorite??

Comments

1. Jen says

We usually go to Koto and I am a fan of the Vegetable Green Dragon Roll and the Sweet Potato Roll. There is one I like too with asparagus sun-dried tomato inside and avocado on the outside top. Mmmmmm So I am more of a vegetarian sushi fan :)

My favorite is the Alaska Roll. I’ve gotten my boyfriend to try sushi 3 different times but he told me he doesn’t like it so he won’t go anymore which means I barely ever get to eat it since all my sushi loving friends are over an hour away from me!

Oh man, I love sushi! I’d eat it with every meal if I could! A spicy yellowtail roll is always good though I’d take anything with bass in it as a rule of thumb! I try to get something I’ve never had before each time I go. Last time I went I got a salmon skin roll which was pretty tasty. I also tried scallop nigri. I’m more of a traditionalist when it comes to my sushi, simple = good!

mmmmm I LOVE sushi! Can’t get enough of it actually. My favorite is anything with yellow tail- so good- but raw- not cooked. And I don’t eat any sushi that is fried- I feel like it kind of ruins the whole idea of sushi.
    And have you tried seaweed salad?? It is one of my favorite foods!!! 😀

The Sake Cafe is amazing! It is definitely one of the best priced Japanese/Chinese restaurants in area, the food is always so fresh. Unfortunately, I’m not a big fan of sushi so I don’t have a favorite :(

6. Sam says

Courtney – Fresh Market has fantastic sushi. They have it pre-packaged or you can order it and wait. Super fresh. Well priced too. I think I’m going up there later to get some!

I LOVE sushi. I usually get some combination of Rainbow Roll, Spicy Yellowtail, Spicy Tuna, Philadelphia (or Philly) roll, or a plain avocado roll.