Introducing: Sweet Tooth Cupcakes!!

by Courtney on September 24, 2010

Today was not an ordinary day.

It was a day of two very different “firsts.”

For one, it was our first garage sale as home owners. Although we still have tomorrow left, we’ve already made some pretty good moola, so I’m excited!

Although, when it comes to my next big “first,” excited doesn’t even begin to explain how I’m feeling right now. :shock:

Today was the official beginning of Sweet Tooth Cupcakes

business card

With my first 5 dozen order!!

My first customer decided that she wanted 1 dozen of each of the specialty cupcakes that I currently offer, so I definitely had my work cut out for me.

All five dozen have been delivered and my customer seems extremely excited! I’m ecstatic! :mrgreen:

Hopefully I’ll have some more orders coming in soon!!

Mid-day, I had my doctor’s appointment, so on my way back home, I stopped to pick up some lunch for myself, Jay and his dad, who were working so hard at the garage sale all day.

A quick stop at Mr. Subb left me with a 6-inch turkey & veggie flax wrap, which was actually quite tasty!

Mr. Subb typically wouldn’t be my meal location of choice, but it worked for today…YUM!

I’d say this was the only thing I consumed for lunch, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that copious amounts of frosting were consumed throughout the day. Talk about a sugar overload…YOWZAS! :shock:

Jay and I are heading out shortly to meet up with Joe & Kate at the movies. We’re going to see Wall Street, which I’m super psyched about. I love Shia LaBeouf! Does anyone remember him from Even Stevens?!?!

I used to LOVE that show! I’m sure, however, he’ll be much more entertaining in tonight’s movie. ;)

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!

1 tropicaleats September 24, 2010 at 5:33 pm

those cupcakes look so perfect and tasty!!!!!!!! congrats im sure your customers are so so happy with them :)

i <3 even stevens.

2 Rachel September 24, 2010 at 5:36 pm

How exciting!!! The cupcakes look fabulous by the way :)

I wish you lived in Texas because I would totally make an order!

3 thebloggersmother September 24, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Those cuppycakes look FABULOUS! I’m so proud of my little Betty Crocker!! good job : )

4 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 24, 2010 at 5:50 pm

YUM! Congrats on the beginning of this new venture. This is very exciting, and those cupcakes look fabulous.

5 Amy @ Second City Randomness September 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Congrats on the cupcake business! I do a little baking for peeps on the side, but I don’t think I could handle it as a regular thing! Hooray for you!

And I heart Shia. I would like to marry him someday if that’s at all possible… lol

6 Brynn September 24, 2010 at 6:39 pm

So coil, congrats on your first order! The cupcakes look amazing!!

7 rick September 24, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Good Luck Courtney – I already have your business card in hand. . .thanks to your mommy

8 jessielu September 24, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Congrats!!! The cupcakes look great

9 Khushboo Thadani September 24, 2010 at 7:16 pm

wowsers those cupcakes look often…you don’t deliver to London, do you?? ;)

10 Lauren (Healthy Delicious) September 24, 2010 at 8:13 pm

congrats on the cupcakes! Are you renting a kitchen somewhere?

11 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 24, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Wow that’s awesome Courtney!! Just wondering, did you go through with getting a health permit? That’s pretty much the only thing preventing me from selling AllieBars. I’d love to hear about your experiences with inspections and such.

12 Carrie September 24, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Congrats on the first order! They cupcakes look really awesome. Wish I could do ‘em right like that.

13 Lizzy @ LBBakes September 24, 2010 at 8:56 pm

YUM and congrats! What kind are the cupcakes with the pretzels on top? Pretzels catch my attention without fail…

Everyone is always telling me I should sell baked goods, but I don’t want to go through getting a permit and everything!

14 Katherine September 24, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Congrats! That is very exciting! And wow, your cupcakes look amazing!!! Where did you order your business cards from? I am starting a business as well but can’t decide where to order my business cards from. Thanks!

15 *Andrea* September 24, 2010 at 9:08 pm

these cupcakes look insanely delicious!!!!! i wish i lived near you so i could order some. you’re so talented!!

16 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 25, 2010 at 12:21 am

Congrats on a successful first order! They look so pretty and delicious!

17 Hangry Pants September 25, 2010 at 12:25 am

Congratulations! They look beautiful and delicious.

18 CaSaundra September 25, 2010 at 8:38 am

You’re not going to believe it–I just launched an at-home cupcake catering business a few weeks ago. You must have used Vista Print for your business cards–I have the same logo!!!! Maybe we can swap some ideas?! Where are you ordering your boxes from!? Ahh..this is so cool; two great minds think alike!

19 Chicago Cuisine Critique September 25, 2010 at 9:18 am

Your cupcakes look fantastic! Good luck on the new adventure. :)

20 yeidy September 25, 2010 at 10:21 am

I see a hint of jealosy in people asking you publicly about a health permit. I honestly don’t think you need to do that unless you were doing something big like opening your own franchise of sprinkles cupcakes. For example paula deen had panic attacks went through a divorce etc and got the idea to cook stuff in her kitchen and send with her boys to sell. I don’t think she got concerned w permits until she grew big to an actual catering company. If you’re just doing what you love and selling to your inner circle then enjoy it.may god bless your new venture!

21 Courtney September 25, 2010 at 10:39 am

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your comment. I was a little taken back by how many people wanted to know about how I handled everything, and really wasn’t ready to share that. Your comment helped me realize that it really is just my business and nobody elses. Thank you again! :)

22 Alicia September 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

Congratulations on your cupcakes!!! They look great!!

23 Lindsay September 25, 2010 at 10:43 am

These look great!! So happy for you!

What are the pretzel ones? I can’t find them on the recipe page!

24 Courtney September 25, 2010 at 10:48 am

They’re a new one! Salted caramel, but the recipe probably won’t be posted on the recipe page. Sorry!

25 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 25, 2010 at 11:02 am

I had no idea you were launching a cupcake biz – how fun! They look very professional.

26 Lauren September 25, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Re: comment 18 I only asked because I was interested in local kitchens available for rent. I have an idea for something I want to do, but def can’t manage it out of my home kitchen. Was just hoping for a lead ;)

27 Nienke at Revel September 25, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Oh my gosh congratulations! They look freaking amazing and professional! Wish I could order some!

28 Samantha September 25, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing! Congrats!!!

29 Shanna September 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Good for you!!! Yay so excited for you!

30 Marg September 26, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Congrats, that’s so cool! I was just thinking about how neat it’d be to do something like this, but way too busy right now. I actually want a cupcake truck.