Introducing: Sweet Tooth Cupcakes!!

Today was not an ordinary day.

It was a day of two very different “firsts.”

For one, it was our first garage sale as home owners. Although we still have tomorrow left, we’ve already made some pretty good moola, so I’m excited!

Although, when it comes to my next big “first,” excited doesn’t even begin to explain how I’m feeling right now. :shock:

Today was the official beginning of Sweet Tooth Cupcakes

business card

With my first 5 dozen order!!

My first customer decided that she wanted 1 dozen of each of the specialty cupcakes that I currently offer, so I definitely had my work cut out for me.

All five dozen have been delivered and my customer seems extremely excited! I’m ecstatic! :mrgreen:

Hopefully I’ll have some more orders coming in soon!!

Mid-day, I had my doctor’s appointment, so on my way back home, I stopped to pick up some lunch for myself, Jay and his dad, who were working so hard at the garage sale all day.

A quick stop at Mr. Subb left me with a 6-inch turkey & veggie flax wrap, which was actually quite tasty!

Mr. Subb typically wouldn’t be my meal location of choice, but it worked for today…YUM!

I’d say this was the only thing I consumed for lunch, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that copious amounts of frosting were consumed throughout the day. Talk about a sugar overload…YOWZAS! :shock:

Jay and I are heading out shortly to meet up with Joe & Kate at the movies. We’re going to see Wall Street, which I’m super psyched about. I love Shia LaBeouf! Does anyone remember him from Even Stevens?!?!

I used to LOVE that show! I’m sure, however, he’ll be much more entertaining in tonight’s movie. ;)

Hope you’re all having a great Friday!!!

Comments

Congrats on the cupcake business! I do a little baking for peeps on the side, but I don’t think I could handle it as a regular thing! Hooray for you!

And I heart Shia. I would like to marry him someday if that’s at all possible… lol

Wow that’s awesome Courtney!! Just wondering, did you go through with getting a health permit? That’s pretty much the only thing preventing me from selling AllieBars. I’d love to hear about your experiences with inspections and such.

YUM and congrats! What kind are the cupcakes with the pretzels on top? Pretzels catch my attention without fail…

Everyone is always telling me I should sell baked goods, but I don’t want to go through getting a permit and everything!

Congrats! That is very exciting! And wow, your cupcakes look amazing!!! Where did you order your business cards from? I am starting a business as well but can’t decide where to order my business cards from. Thanks!

You’re not going to believe it–I just launched an at-home cupcake catering business a few weeks ago. You must have used Vista Print for your business cards–I have the same logo!!!! Maybe we can swap some ideas?! Where are you ordering your boxes from!? Ahh..this is so cool; two great minds think alike!

6. yeidy says

I see a hint of jealosy in people asking you publicly about a health permit. I honestly don’t think you need to do that unless you were doing something big like opening your own franchise of sprinkles cupcakes. For example paula deen had panic attacks went through a divorce etc and got the idea to cook stuff in her kitchen and send with her boys to sell. I don’t think she got concerned w permits until she grew big to an actual catering company. If you’re just doing what you love and selling to your inner circle then enjoy it.may god bless your new venture!

• says

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your comment. I was a little taken back by how many people wanted to know about how I handled everything, and really wasn’t ready to share that. Your comment helped me realize that it really is just my business and nobody elses. Thank you again! :)

7. Lauren says

Re: comment 18 I only asked because I was interested in local kitchens available for rent. I have an idea for something I want to do, but def can’t manage it out of my home kitchen. Was just hoping for a lead ;)

Congrats, that’s so cool! I was just thinking about how neat it’d be to do something like this, but way too busy right now. I actually want a cupcake truck.