Crockpots Rock My Socks

by Courtney on September 29, 2010

I just love having company over for dinner! :-D

Tonight, Joe & Kate made their way over for dinner to help us make a dent in one of my favorite recipes: Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken.

This good stuff had been cookin’ away all day in the Crockpot, and was ready for the taking! Aren’t Crockpots the best?!? :)

Along with our chicken, we enjoyed some other yummy dishes:

Sweet Potato Fries

Lemon Garlic & Herb Corn on the Cob (courtesy of Kate!) :)

Suuuuuper Cheesy Mac & Cheese

And the most amazing Corn Bread on the planet! :shock:

The corn bread + mac & cheese actually came from my local grocery store, Price Chopper. Every Wednesday, they offer a $10 “Meal Deal” and today was the first day I decided to go for it. Not only did we get these two side dishes (which I knew would be perfect for tonight) but we also got a 3-liter of water AND we have a whole roasters chicken waiting for us in the fridge! Talk about a bargain. :)

My plate for tonight:

You can also add another piece of cornbread to that mix…I probably could have eaten the entire tray of it. :oops:

And of course, what meal is complete without a little DEEEEEssert???

Kate is the BOMB. She brought over a homemade Apple Gallette to share with us tonight. Does that not look fantastic??? Well let me tell you…not only does it LOOK fantastic, but it TASTED phenomenal!! I have to get the recipe from her. ;)

Alrighty folks, my tummy is officially stuffed and it’s past my bedtime…see ya’ll in the morning! :)

1 Haley Bailey September 29, 2010 at 10:38 pm

OK – I’m a southern gal raised on pulled pork barbecue and I know that you were born and raised in New York so I will cut you some slack. However I will share with you a link to the best crock pot pulled pork recipe I have ever found! This is extremely close to the real deal: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Carolina-BBQ/Detail.aspx My recommendation is to add a bit of liquid smoke for the authentic slow roasted taste!!! OK – I have now made myself hungry!!!

Oh – this is my first post but please know that I LOVE your blog!!

2 Courtney September 30, 2010 at 8:07 am

Thanks so much for the recipe, and the post! :) I’ll definitely check it out!

3 Rachel September 29, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Hey, so I am very intrigued by the $10 meal deal you bought from PC. Do you know if the meal choices vary from day to day or week to week? I was so excited that I just looked at the Nisky PC ad, but couldn’t find anything info on this awesome steal. Help me out sister!

4 Courtney September 30, 2010 at 8:01 am

They do vary from week to week. Go to their website and sign up to be on their email list…you’ll get notifications of it!! :)

5 rosi September 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm

you just gave me tomorrow cooking idea! woot! i love slow cookers

6 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ September 30, 2010 at 6:22 am

Love cooking with crock pots – nothing is better than coming home from a long day and finding a delicious meal ready for you. And pulled chicken or pork rocks – so comforting.

7 Amy @ Second City Randomness September 30, 2010 at 6:52 am

Talk about southern comfort! I would have walked away from that meal as a very very stuffed chica. Looks amazing!

8 CaSaundra September 30, 2010 at 8:41 am

Dinner parties are always such a blast–all that food looks unbelievably delish!!

9 Chicago Cuisine Critique September 30, 2010 at 10:21 am

Yum! I too grew up in the south and everything on this table looks delicious! :)

10 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 30, 2010 at 10:56 am

MMM love the mix of all the comfort food on the plate! You just made me hungry.

11 Katie September 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Oh my goodness look at all that good food!! That looks so delicious! I love corn on the cob and barbeque