Waffle Sandwiches Are Heaven

by Courtney on October 4, 2010

Monday Morning.

Has never been one of my favorite parts to the week, but I try my best to stay open minded to it. Usually, starting it off with a great workout is one way to battle those Monday Morning Blues.

Too bad Monday morning’s workout never happened today… :oops:

After three hits of the snooze button, I finally threw in the towel. Some mornings I know I’m just being lazy, and I’ll force myself to roll out of bed; once I’m out of bed, I’m fine. Today, however, was one of the those days when sleep prevailed. I could feel that my body actually needed the extra sleep, so I embraced it, and thoroughly enjoyed my extra 45 minutes of sleep. :) Maybe I’ll have time to squeeze in something this afternoon, but I’m not going to beat myself up for it.

Breakfast

Monday morning also calls for something special at breakfast, wouldn’t you say? So on today’s menu: An amazing Waffle Sandwich!

I lightly toasted 2 Van’s Lite waffles, spread with about 1 tbsp maple peanut butter, 3 tbsp pumpkin, and some sliced banana.

Then I drizzled the top with a teeny bit of light maple syrup & a sprinkling of cinnamon.

I’m pretty tempted to call this heaven. :)

I also have my mug of coffee ready to go, but with a NEW flavor: Caramel Macchiato. I picked it up last Friday at The Fresh Market, and I must say, it’s definitely  another winner!

Alrighty folks, I’m out the door – hope you all have a great start to your week! :)

Question for the Morning:

How do you handle a missed workout? Do you feel guilty?

1 Amy October 4, 2010 at 8:04 am

I totally beat myself up over missed workouts probably too much.

2 Laurie @ Cookies n' Cardio October 4, 2010 at 8:06 am

Ok THAT looks awesome! Where did you get/find maple PB

3 Liz @ Blog is the New Black October 4, 2010 at 8:19 am

Ahhh! That looks like a great start to the Monday morning grind. I’ve been terrible about the gym lately, and yes, I feel guilty!!! :(

4 Katie October 4, 2010 at 8:28 am

I’m 100% making this tomorrow morning. Any excuse to use some type of almond butter is always a wonderful way to start the day. :)

As for missing a workout, I also am very hard on myself, but since you didn’t do it this morning, you have the whole rest of the day to squeeze some sort of activity in. Think positive! Happy Monday!

5 CaSaundra October 4, 2010 at 8:29 am

I think any Monday should be a good day if you start it out with that..YUMMY!

6 briana October 4, 2010 at 8:55 am

I almost didnt get up for my gym session either, but I did and tried to make it quick so I had extra time this a.m to relax. I made that exact same breakfast but with a sandwich thin on the griddle it is HEAVEN

7 Shanna, like Banana October 4, 2010 at 10:18 am

Yep, I do feel pretty darn guilty. But I also never go in the morning because sleep would ALWAYS win…always. AT night, I figure I can at least squeeze in something quick.

8 Chicago Cuisine Critique October 4, 2010 at 10:22 am

I too think i’m a bit too hard on myself when I don’t make it to the gym, but life happens and I try to remind myself of that. Your breakfast looks delish!

9 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous October 4, 2010 at 11:25 am

I would have loved to get up and work out this morning but my body was so exhausted from a whirlwind weekend that I hit the snooze a million times. I’m hoping to squeeze a quick one in between meetings and class this afternoon.

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 4, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Hey now! Where’s my credit? ;) mmmm.

11 Courtney October 4, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Ahhhh Hillary! I knew I read it somewhere, but was in such a rush this morning, I had no time to search. It was YOUU!!! :-D Girl, that combo was AMAZING, thanks for sharing!! :)

12 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice October 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I used to beat myself up for skipping workout all the time! I’m so much better about it now though. Tomorrow is another day. :)

Waffles look delicious!

13 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices October 5, 2010 at 9:11 am

That looks so AWESOME!!!!
I still have YET to try Van’s waffles- not that I can’t find them, I just haven’t picked any up. May have to change that today, considering I need to run to the store.
And, I MIGHT just have to have this tomorrow morning for breakfast :D

14 Amanda October 5, 2010 at 11:13 am

UGH- I missed my workout this morning and it was not on purpose! I signed up for the 6am pilates class at my studio and completely forgot to set my alarm!! This sucks not only because I missed my workout, but also because if I miss a class, I lose the class. No make-ups. Money down the drain.

Also had a question for you: do you use canned pumpkin or do you puree your own? I remember you mentioning that there’s yet another “shortage” of canned pumpkin this year and knowing how much you love it, I thought I’d ask. I roast and puree my own and stick it in the freezer til I need it. Easy and yummy!

15 Courtney October 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I use canned pumpkin, but I definitely want to try to puree my own sometime soon!

16 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ October 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Loving the look of those Monday waffles. I seriously look for any reason to use pumpkin ..so I now have another one. Thank you. :)

Each month, I create a workout calendar for myself that gets in x sessions of running, cardio, resistance etc per week/per month. If I miss a workout on a specific day, I just look to make it up sometime during the week. At the end of the week/month, my goal is to have completed everything I scheduled for myself.

The good news is that I’m on my 3rd month straight of doing this and so far..so good. Yay!