Amazing Meals Monday!

by Courtney on November 15, 2010

I have some yummy meals to share with ya’ll today, but first I have something else of utter importance

Yes. I think I nearly flew out of my chair this afternoon when I opened up my email to find THIS:

12 days cookies

It’s the Food Network’s 12 Days of Cookies email!! The holiday season really IS right around the corner! :shock:

I’ve been signed up for the past 3 years to get the 12 Days of Cookies emails and I absolutely LOVE them. If you’re interested in signing up yourself, just click here to add your address to the list. :)

I’ve gotten some phenomenal recipes from these emails! I think my favorite from last year would have to be the Oatmeal Cream Cheese Butterscotch Bars.

source

Do they not look amazing or what?? They’re require a little bit of extra effort, but they are WELL worth it! ;)

And I’ll tell ya…knowing that I few extra goodies like THESE were consumed this weekend helped motivate me to get my boo-tayyy up and movin’ this morning.

For my Monday AM Workout, I sweated it out to a whole BUNCH of fun stuff:

11:30 – 13:00 Recover 5.0
13:00 – 13:30 Sprint 9.0
13:30 – 14:00 Recover 4.5
14:00 – 14:30 Sprint 9.4
14:30 – 16:00 Recover 4.5
16:00 – 20:00 Cool Down 3.5

It was a GREAT WAY to start off my Monday, but it wasn’t quite as great as a breakfast that followed…

Is that not a beautiful sight or what?? ;)

I lightly toasted 2 Van’s Lite Waffles, and topped them with a smear of peanut butter, a little homemade pumpkin butter(!!!), banana slices, and another mystery topping…any guesses???

They’re a part of a crumbled up Savvy Scone!!! :-D

I have been hoarding had saved some of these babies way back from our Blogger Brunch this past July…I finally decided it had been long enough. Julie, these scones absolutely rock my socks!!

I think Cody wanted in on the action too? Either that or he was too distracted by the leaves blowing outside along the ground. ;)

IMG_6348IMG_6347

So believe it or not, today’s lunch was NOT a Monday Usual! Crazy, right??

Last night, I put together a simple salad with yellow grape tomatoes, cukes, carrots, broccoli, frozen corn, fat-free feta crumbles, a sprinkling of croutons, and a HEAPING topping of pineapple-peach salsa. Sometimes I like to switch it up from salad dressing, and salsa can be a great alternative…especially this pineapple peach one. It adds just a hint of sweet and spicy to the whole salad…absolutely delicious!

I also had a fresh, crisp gala apple…which SOMEbody was eyeballing on me. ;)

Dinner

I was on my own for dinner tonight, since Jay had some stuff to take care of after work, so I thought it’d be the perfect opportunity to try out one of my Trader Joe’s Roasted Chicken patties!

IMG_6353IMG_6354

Since they’re already cooked, I simply heated it through on the stove, then topped it with a little shredded cheese. Mmmm.

Next, I filled a Rosemary LaTortilla Factory wrap with some lettuce and topped it off with my chicken patty.

But oh no…that’s not all. ;)

Oh yes…a little sliced pineapple + a drizzle of barbecue sauce to round out the wrap.

To “seal” everything in, I quickly put the wrapped up goods back in the pan I cooked the chicken patty in; it gives the wrap a nice crispy coating and helps prevent it all from unfolding.

I seriously couldn’t get over just how flavorful these patties were! This entire wrap was on point.

I served it up with the rest of my leftover Balsamic Green Beans with Tomato & Onion from last night…

Three absolutely AaaaaaMAZING meals today! :-P

Now that I’m pleasantly stuffed, and hubby just walked through the door, it’s time to go take care of some kitchen stuff…exciting news is on the way!

Question for the Evening:

If you put foods/baked goods in the freezer to save for a later time, how long do you usually go before breaking into them??

1 Jessica @ How Sweet November 15, 2010 at 7:33 pm

5 seconds.
Really, I can manage to eat anything chocolate that is frozen.

2 Courtney November 15, 2010 at 7:34 pm

HAHAHA, I love it! Me too ;)

3 Liz @ LBBakes November 15, 2010 at 7:48 pm

I agree with Jessica – frozen desserts just change up the texture factor! Every time I make cookies, I put a spoonful into a big tupperware container, so at any given time I have 5-10 different types of frozen cookie dough to nibble on :)

4 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 15, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Your breakfast looks incredibly delicious! What a way to start the week – mmm.

5 erica November 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm

that depends….how much have i already eaten before deciding on freezing the rest?! ;p

6 CaSaundra November 15, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Ooo love the flavor combos in that wrap–I always like adding a pop of sweetness to a savory meal too! It makes it so much better :-)

7 leashieloo November 15, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Freezing it doesn’t do anything for me, I will dig into frozen sweets two minutes after putting them in there!

8 Amy @ Second City Randomness November 15, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I’m totally signing up for the 12 Days emails!

I fear it’s all downhill from here… lol

Happy Monday!

9 Lauren November 15, 2010 at 9:36 pm

That wrap looks incredible! I love chicken and pineapple together!

As for baked goods.. nothing chocolate that goes into the freezer is safe. I tend to munch on brownies and cookies straight out of the freezer. Unless I hide them. Cupcakes aren’t safe in the freezer either…

I also tend to bake up muffins and such and stick them in the freezer, thawing them throughout the week in the microwave. Keeps them fresher longer!

10 Tracy @ Commit To Fit November 15, 2010 at 9:52 pm

12 Days of Cookies! Who can go wrong? I am signing up right now!

11 onehungrymonster November 15, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I have signed up for the 12 Days of Cookies, I can’t wait to see what recipes I get sent.
Have you tried putting beetroot on your wrap with the pineapple. Its a really nice flavour.

12 Chicago Cuisine Critique November 15, 2010 at 10:43 pm

That wrap looks fantastic. I have to say I have yet to try those chicken patties from TJ’s. I may have to give them a shot. :)

13 Sarah November 15, 2010 at 11:09 pm

I definitely just signed up to get the 12 days of cookies emails! I cannot WAIT to start baking christmas cookies. The oatmeal cream cheese butterscotch bars looks RIDICULOUS!

As far as freezing baked goods, i have no problem eating a frozen cookie :) sooo they don’t last very long in there

14 Katy November 15, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Your food always looks so amazing! :) It makes my mouth water!

I am going to sign up for the 12 days of cookies e-mail! :)

Usually if I freeze baked goods, they stay in the freezer for a good month or two. I usually forget about them until I clean the freezer out! :/

15 healthyappletite November 16, 2010 at 12:38 am

your meals always look so good!

16 movesnmunchies November 16, 2010 at 2:05 am

ahaha i put my sweet bread in the freezer sunday- ive eaten it monday AND today- ddn’t last long! aha

17 Daniella September 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

do a post on how to wrap up your wraps please!

18 Daniella September 4, 2012 at 12:56 pm