Fun At The Football Game!

by Courtney on December 13, 2010

Hey, you win some…you lose some!

Despite a disappointing loss from my Jets yesterday, our crew still managed to have a good time. :)

The ride down to the stadium encouraged the opening of the TJ’s peanut butter pretzels I’ve been holding onto for almost a month and a half now

I don’t anticipate these being around much longer now…HOLY YUM-O! :-P

Once we got down to the game, the weather was still dry so we hung out and did a little tailgating (my favorite!)

IMG_6904-1

I promise Joe & Kate…I mean that in the BEST way possible! ;)

IMG_6905-1

Normally when my family goes down to Jets games, we like to really get into the tailgating; coolers packed, snacks stashed, and the grill smokin’! Unfortunately, since the forecast was calling for bad weather, we decided to keep things simple by packing some snacks and picking up some subs on the way.

These chip’ins popcorn chips from Popcorn Indiana may seriously be one of my new favorite snacks. I already loved their kettle corn, but after picking these up at the store, I think they may take the cake. They’re light, salty, and totally unique in texture. Two thumbs up from me! :)

I also ordered a bomb-diggity sub of honey smoked turkey & provolone with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles & honey mustard. YUM!

And of course, what December 12th football tailgating would be complete without some Christmas cookies? I munched on two of my M&M chocolate chip cookies while chatting away.

Unfortunately, the longer we were sitting outside, the wind started to pick up and it started to get rather chilly. I noticed my Raynaud’s disease kickin’ in…

…so I decided to start with the layering! The general consensus after all layering was complete was that I looked like a linebacker. Hey, you think they’ll hire me?

About an hour and a half before game time, we made our way up and into the stadium. I must say, the new Jets stadium is pretty impressive!

To ensure that my poor little fingers were toasty warm, I made sure to pack up all my hand warmers I’ve acquired over the years; hand warmers make great stocking stuffers for me! ;)

They worked like a charm!

Luckily, it didn’t rain for the entire game – probably only about half of it. We all agreed that the weather definitely could have been worse, and that we all had a great time…even if only two out of four of us could claim “victory.” ;)

I’m pretty excited for tonight…I’m going to be heading over to my parents’ house to “borrow” their kitchen so I can “host” my Nasoya “Wrappy Hour” party!

A couple months ago, I was chosen as one of the lucky hostesses from Nasoya and was given a goody bag of some great products to use.

I’ve never ventured into using anything with won ton wrappers or anything like that, so it should be interesting!

But for now, I’m off to work! Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday ahead of you!!

Question for the Day:

What foods would you like to try eating or preparing that you have yet to try?

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ December 13, 2010 at 8:19 am

Looks like you had a great outing. Good thinking on the hand warmers.
I’d love to learn how to make a few Indian dishes at some point. Haven’t done much with that.

2 Faith December 13, 2010 at 8:25 am

Glad you had fun! It was a weird day in football yesterday! As addicted as I am to the game I dont know how cheery I’d be in that freezing cold…look at you troopin’ in out!

3 Amy @ Second City Randomness December 13, 2010 at 8:33 am

My friend has Raynaud’s too- she even carries teeny tiny handwarmers in her clutch when we go out!

4 Liz December 13, 2010 at 8:33 am

Ooh, that sounds like fun – I’ve never worked with won ton wrappers either!

PS – I heard one of the Jets coaches tried to trip a Miami player – I’m not pro-Jets or Miami, but man, low blow!

5 kristisn December 13, 2010 at 8:39 am

I’d like to cook with tofu. I tried it once and I don’t think I pressed the tofu enough so it didn’t really turn out and now I’m a little turned off by it.

6 cookinfanatic December 13, 2010 at 9:36 am

Love love love working with Nasoya wrappers!!! You can make so many fun treats! Can’t wait to see how your party turns out, I’m sure it’s going to be great :)

7 CaSaundra December 13, 2010 at 9:41 am

I always get SO cold during outdoor sporting events too–I should invest in those hand warmers. I always see em around!

8 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 13, 2010 at 10:03 am

I have Raynaud’s, too. It can be no fun sometimes.

Have a great week!

9 Katy December 13, 2010 at 10:41 am

I like the new stadium! Even though the Jets lost, I’m still proud of our boys. ;)

I have Raynaud’s too. It really sucks sometimes!

Have a super week! :)

10 Shanna December 13, 2010 at 10:53 am

Looks like a blast yesterday :)

TJs pb pretzels are the best!

11 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 13, 2010 at 10:55 am

i really want to try making my own pizza! but i just don’t have the gutss!

12 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices December 13, 2010 at 11:01 am

We watched the game yesterday (have to say though, I was on Joe & Kate’s side :) ) & I kept looking for you! I can’t believe how yucky the weather got there. Glad you were able to stay warm :D

13 Jess December 13, 2010 at 11:23 am

I am obsessed with those pretzels, they are so good!

14 Melissa December 13, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Nasoya wrappers are so great–easy to work with & you can make so many things!

I have Raynaud’s, too. It really seems to freak people out, but what can you do??? :)

15 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 13, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Wonton wrappers are so fun! I can’t wait to see what you make.

Just made tiramisu, a first for me!

16 kbwood December 13, 2010 at 2:41 pm

HOW FUN! I <3 football games
haha "wrappy hour" made me laugh!
Love how you put the good and bad guys pictures up!

17 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 13, 2010 at 3:27 pm

That looks like such fun! I’d love to get some hand warmers…my hands are perpetually cold!
Man those pretzels look GOOD! :D

18 Lee @ College Foodie Finds December 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm

If I could buy 1 thing from TJ’s, it would be pb filled pretzels. YUM!

19 whitney kailos December 22, 2010 at 7:23 am

I have not been keeping up with blogs as much as I like but your blog is one that I love. I was just recapping on a lot of it and saw your fingers. Without even reading what it said I got so excited that you have raynauds because I do too and no one understands!!!!!

I hate it and it leaves me freezing all the time. My feet are the worst. It is so good to know that there are other weirdo’s like me out there :)

20 Courtney December 22, 2010 at 8:05 am

Hahaha, well hello fellow weirdo! :)