Four Things…Plus An Exciting Step Forward!

by Courtney on January 5, 2011

Do you remember ever getting those chain emails, that were about a mile long, asking you to fill in your own response for pretty much every question under the sun?

“What is your favorite food? What are you wearing right now? What scares you most?…”

Yeah, I loved ‘em! I always had such a good time not only filling them out, but also reading everyone else’s responses too. :)

What can I say, I guess I’m a sucker for fun trivia games? Which is why I was super excited today to find out that the lovely Megan tagged me in another fun little game!

You may already know some of these, but perhaps you’ll find out somethin’ new about little ‘ol me. ;)

Four TV Shows I Watch:

• One Tree Hill
  • Modern Family
  • Cougar Town
  • Anything on the Food Network ;)

Four Things I’m Passionate About:

• Delicious desserts
  • Blogging
  • My family
  • My friends

IMG_1947IMG_1678

Four Words/Phrases I Use Too Much:

• I gotta (insert any verb) somethin’ wicked!” <—hubby makes fun of me for my total over usage of this one.
  • Wuuul…” <—this is actually my form of “well,” but when I’m sorta whining. Most of my family can attest to this ;)
  • What’s for dessert?” <—I don’t think there’s any clarification needed here…
  • There needs to be more hours in a day” <—AMEN! :-D

Four Things I’ve Learned From The Past:

• Everyone needs to time to grow up and become an individual
  • 8am classes in college are seriously nothing to complain about…I’d take ‘em back in a heartbeat!
  • Being “skinny” isn’t a cure for happiness
  • As cliché as it sounds…your true friends will stick with you, no matter what

Four Things I’m Looking Forward To:

• Having my kitchen back :-D
  • My Birthday, on January 30th! (And seeing whether or not hubby partakes in “Birthday Week” celebrations this year…I’ll get into that more as the time comes) ;)
  • Scheduling the massage that Jay got me for our anniversary!
  • Seeing which states Jay and I can hit in our 50 states adventure this year

Four Things I Love About Winter:

• Warm, cozy sweaters
  • Sipping on hot chocolate under a my big fleece blanket on my comfy couch
  • The first snowfall (anything after that is not as welcome)
  • Comfort foods…like stew in the crockpot! ;)

Now, apparently it’s my turn to tag four more people, so here goes!…

Have fun, ladies!! :-D

So now you’ll all have to forgive me, as I’m actually going to cut things a little short this evening.

You see, I actually have a very, VERY important project ahead of me…

Yes, I have this delicious chef salad to eat, which I just prepped…

“But wait a second, that doesn’t look like your normal prep space, Courtney?…”

Well, that’s because it isn’t!

I have a new prep space

Which currently looks like this……..

BECAUSE WE GOT OUR NEW CABINETS INSTALLED TODAY!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Ahhhhhhh!!!! :-D

IMG_7579IMG_7586

Obviously, we’ve still got some work ahead of us (hello, countertops and dusty doors!) but I DID get the go-ahead to fill the wall cabinets only…

So if you’ll excuse me, I have some organization to go take care of!

WAHOOOOO!!!

So what do ya think??? ;)

1 mm January 5, 2011 at 7:16 pm

The cabinets looks great!! Love them!
mm recently posted..Working from Home

2 Blog is the New Black January 5, 2011 at 7:17 pm

it looks GORGEOUS!!! The kitchen and the salad! ;) Congrats, girl!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Easy-Pleasing Appetizer… or Snack… or Dinner

3 Shanna, like Banana January 5, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Wow! What an incredible transformation. So classy and up-to-date. Love it =)

Thanks for the tag…It’ll be fun to fill out!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Pumpkin Salsa Soup and Beer Bread

4 Liz January 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I love it! Holy buckets those cabinets are terrific! Can’t wait to see what it’s like when it’s all done. I’m completely jealous as it will be atleast 5 years before we get to do our kitchen. Something about not enough money, me wanting too much done to it, yada, yada, yada. I stopped listening after awhile. Actually were going to add a half bath and laundry room and take down a wall when we do it. Gotta wait till we save up the cash for it.

I’m totally going to steal your map idea. You ok with that??

5 Melissa January 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Gorgeous! See? All that frustration you were having about a month ago is long forgotten! It looks like it was totally worth it! Have so much fun organizing! :)

6 Amber Starr January 5, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Oh my goodness, I love your kitchen so far! It will be so nice to have all the counter space for making yummy meals!

That salad looks delicious as well! yum!
Amber Starr recently posted..Happy Hummus- Healthy Snack Favorite!

7 Emily @ Relishments January 5, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Your new kitchen is beautiful! Congrats!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights- Year End Lists

8 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Those cabinets are gorgeous!!!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Favorites of 2010

9 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Ohh, pretty!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Champagne White Chocolate Ring Cookies

10 Tina January 5, 2011 at 8:09 pm

The cabinets look AWESOME!!! I love the color! It’s coming together so beautifully!
Tina recently posted..Living Harvest Tempt Product Review

11 Holly January 5, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Woohoo about that kitchen- I can’t believe how GREAT it looks!!! It is coming together pretty quickly too.
Thanks for the tag :D I’ll definitely be doing that this week!
Holly recently posted..Dinner with the RAVENS &amp Visit to the National Aquarium

12 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 5, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Great looking Kitchen, doll!! I love the color of them and how rich they look. I am a sucker for a good kitchen cabinet…..

I have always wanted to get into cougar town, but haven’t. I guess I should start huh?

xxoo

13 Darcy January 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!! The kitchen looks sooooo great!!!!!! I”m so jealous and happy for you! I know how much you were looking forward to this!
I also really liked your responses……..I always like learning new things about you!
thanks for sharing

14 megan @ the oatmeal diaries January 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Your kitchen looks gorgeous… and so does that chef salad!!

15 Molly Carter January 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Courtney-the cabinets look fantastic!!! I love the dark color. The kitchen is looking great!
Molly Carter recently posted..3 Ingredient Turkey Burgers

16 Kelly January 5, 2011 at 8:47 pm

You kitchen is seriously becoming something to envy! :) Good for you!!

17 Karen January 5, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Your kitchen cabinets are gorgeous! I love seeing the progress pictures of your kitchen!! The salad looks delicious too!
Karen recently posted..Changing It Up

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 5, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Ahhh! Thanks for tagging me! I can’t wait to do it later tonight! :D How fun! :D

I love the cabinets! Super gorgeous! :D
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

19 Meagan January 5, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Beautiful! Looks like it was definitely worth the wait!

I agree with you, skinny is NOT the cure for happiness.

20 Megan (Braise The Roof) January 5, 2011 at 9:52 pm

The cabinets look gorgeous! Congrats!! Glad you had fun filling out the poll- it took me back to the chain email days, too. :)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..That Just Happened

21 erica January 5, 2011 at 10:11 pm

lookin’ good! can’t wait to see the countertops!!!
erica recently posted..sure took long enough!

22 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 5, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Is that a gas stovetop i see?!?!?
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..A Real Shocker!

23 Courtney January 6, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Yesssss, it is!! :)

24 Rebecca January 6, 2011 at 12:02 am

Its looking great, I love the colour of the wood.

25 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 6, 2011 at 12:17 am

I scheduled myself a massage today – they’re the bestest!

Kitchen’s coming right a long. Can’t wait to see the finished product =]
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..True Life- Take IV

26 katie January 6, 2011 at 12:37 am

YOUR KITCHEN ROCKS GIRL!! ahhh.. cant wait to see it ALL done for real!!!!
I love modern family!
katie recently posted..Honesty Post- Surrender

27 Angie January 6, 2011 at 2:41 am

That Kitchen is every health nut’s dream, so much space to work in, it looks awesome… P.S. I love food network! I had the pleasure of meeting Cat Cora this summer!
Angie recently posted..Soreness is goodness -

28 Courtney January 6, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Awesome!! I actually met Bobby Flay! :shock:

29 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 6, 2011 at 8:23 am

your kitchen is BANGIN’ i love it! way to work that space in with a little salad action!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

30 Alicia January 6, 2011 at 8:44 am

WOW! Love your kitchen!! It looks wonderful!
Alicia recently posted..Long time No Blog!

31 Juliene January 6, 2011 at 9:16 am

■Being “skinny” isn’t a cure for happiness- so true. Thanks for sharing your journey, it meant alot to me to read about someone else’s struggles.

Your kitchen looks beautiful already! I’m jealous

32 Kristi January 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

Your kitchen is looking fabulous!!
Kristi recently posted..It Finally Happened

33 Jennie January 6, 2011 at 10:57 am

I have total kitchen envy already!

34 Julie @SavvyEats January 6, 2011 at 11:02 am

The cabinets are GORGEOUS! Can’t wait to see the final kitchen– and I bet you can’t, either. :)
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Crockpot Spicy Corn Chowder

35 Nat January 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm

The cabinets look great! And Cougar Town cracks me up! :)

36 Charlie January 6, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I love the cabinets! Your kitchen is going to be great! :)
Charlie recently posted..Tasty Garbanzo Bean &amp Rice Salad

37 Leanne (For Health's Sake) January 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm

PRETTY Cabinets! Oh my gosh you must just be dying to have your kitchen back by now!

I am going to steal the “four…” ideas and blog my answers okay?

I’m really happy I discovered your blog, it’s pretty rad!

Have a great day!
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Major Fail

38 Courtney January 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Absolutely ok! Have fun with it!! :)

39 Alyssa - fashion fitness foodie January 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm

OMG your cabinets are gorge! Make sure you post before and after pics when everything is completed!!

40 Lauren @ Healthy Delicious January 6, 2011 at 4:01 pm

OMG it looks fantastic!!!
Lauren @ Healthy Delicious recently posted..Beef and Bean Chili with Pickled Onions

41 Marg January 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Looks great! I love the wine rack.

42 Kailey @ Caffienated Nut January 6, 2011 at 6:17 pm

YAY FOR NEW CABINETS!! i know my mom was so happy when hers came in too!!

ahh i love one tree hill!!
glad to know 8 a.m.s aren’t that bad – i had four this past semester and thought it was rough haha
Kailey @ Caffienated Nut recently posted..Just Listen

43 Emma January 6, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Great post sweetie! And your kitchen is gonna look amazing when it’s finished.
The cabinets are lovely :-) x
Emma recently posted..Ouinoa Salad with Sundried Toms -

44 Sarah January 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm

the cabinets loook GREAT! Cant wait to see the finished product!
The salad also looks pretty amazing:)
Sarah recently posted..FRESH

45 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) January 10, 2011 at 12:39 am

WOOOHOOOO!!! Beautiful new space court :)
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..Welcoming 2011… A Little Late