White Chocolate Oreo Cream Squares

White Chocolate Oreo Cream Squares! (see recipe below)

Happy Saturday! How’s everyone’s day starting off?

I’m currently sitting, enjoying a fantastic cereal combo bowl that I’m sure would rock anyone’s socks…

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Kashi Go Lean Crisp + Multigrain Cheerios + vanilla almond milk.

Ahhhhhmazing!

But while I was sitting here, it occurred to me that I’ve been holding something back from you all.

No, it’s not some dirty little secret…

But it IS a recipe. And if you’re a fellow Oreo Lover as I am, I’m thinking you’re going to want to check this out.

Are you excited yet?? Winking smile

**************************

So let’s all get serious. The best part of an Oreo is by far the cream filling.

(Trans fats, what??)

So when I took my first bite and got the taste sensation of a big hunka cream filling, I may have lost it a little.

And to make the recipe even more exciting? There’s only 5 ingredients. Super easy!

First, you line your 8×8 baking pan with some waxed paper (thoroughly coated with non-stick cooking spray) and cover the bottom with half of your broken Oreo pieces.

Next, get together some more of your ingredients. I’d recommend going with the fat free sweetened condensed milk because, well, let’s face it: the recipe isn’t that “stellar” in the nutrition department, and since you can’t even taste the difference, just do it. It does make a big difference in the calorie/fat department. Smile

In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt together a little butter, your sweetened condensed milk,

and some white chocolate chips.

Stir stir stir!

Once you’ve gotten all of your ingredients to a melted consistency, remove the pan from heat and add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.

IMG_7986IMG_7987

Everything should look nice and smooth (and totally ready to drink from a cup…)

But don’t do that. You’ll regret it. Winking smile

Instead, pour the melted white chocolate mixture over your broken Oreo pieces.

Then go ahead and finish off this bad boy by adding the remaining broken Oreo pieces on top.

Refrigerate at least one hour, and before you know it, you’ve got yourself an amazing batch of White Chocolate Oreo Cream Squares.

What’s nice about these, is that you can cut them into small pieces without feeling deprived. That way, your goodies last even longer. Winking smile

Although, with two Oreo Lovers living under the same roof, it didn’t necessarily mean that these squares lasted for long.

They’re irresistible.

Question for the Day:

What’s your favorite packaged, store-bought cookie?

Comments

1. Pat Rowe says

Favorite store bought cookie….original Chips Ahoy. Starting my Saturday morning by baking a raspberry swirl cake for a special girl I know who is having a birthday tomorrow!!!!!! Soon to follow with a little chocolate frosting in between the 3 layer cake and some almond frosting on the outside!!

2. Kelly says

My favorite packaged store bought cookie are the Grandma’s cookies. I only see in the 2 packs in really high end places…like you know vending machines and gas station. But they are by far the best cookies…especially the peanut butter flavor. They are the best thing, hands down, about any road trip!

Those cream squares sound so easy and look so delectable. I just love cookies and cream anything. I have a linky party going on at my blog called “Sweets for a Saturday” and I’d like to invite you to stop by and link this up.
    Lisa recently posted..Sweets for a Saturday 2

I don’t know what it is but I will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for Oreos. There is just something about them….i don’t know what it is that makes me love an extremely processed food but I do! I will have to make this recipe!
    Grace recently posted..No Pictures Please!

Yup, you had me at white chocolate in the title, but the oreo cream made it 100 times better! My fav treat is an Oreo blizzard from DQ but this sounds amazing too!

6. jae says

Courtney, I posted this link onto my friend’s facebook wall, and she echoed my statement:
    GASM :) (in her case though, she said “omg this looks amazing, make them!”)
    thanks for sharing the recipie! I cant wait to get my hands on these babies <3

7. Leslie says

I saw you commented on my sister Julie’s blog, and I’m an oreo lover as well! That recipe is definitely print worthy :). Thanks for sharing! It looks absolutely delicious!

8. Taylor says

I’m an Oreo lover too! I make this exact treat, but I also add in pretzels and either M&Ms or candy corn (depending on how much sweet I’m wanting). The pretzels make a great sweet n salty combo!

9. Laura says

Just finished making these! Wow…DELICIOUS! Apparently my will power with these wasn’t too good…my stomach hurts from eating waayyy to much!! But sooo worth it!

Trackbacks