The Big Reveal: The New Sweet Tooth Kitchen!

by Courtney on February 2, 2011

I’m really bad at being patient.

Especially when I have something really exciting that I want to share.

Yes, I’m talking about the new kitchen.

I’ve debated on waiting until each and every last detail was completed, but in reality, I’ll probably burst at the seams if I wait much longer!

So let’s first take a look back at the process from the very beginning…

The “BEFORE” pictures

IMG_6233IMG_6232

IMG_6234IMG_6238

The DEMOLITION…

IMG_6454IMG_6458

IMG_6471IMG_6475

IMG_6634IMG_7101

That was a fun nightDisappointed smile

IMG_7196IMG_7197

Now finally, after almost three long months of never-ending dust, missing food, meals on paper plates, and washing dishes in the bathroom sink, I am proud to present to you…

Drumroll pleeeeease…

The New Sweet Tooth Kitchen!! Open-mouthed smile

Cody likes the new digs, too. Winking smile

A couple Before & After shots…

IMG_6447IMG_8283

IMG_6234IMG_8269

IMG_6238IMG_8270

One of my favorite parts? The garbage cabinet!

I always wanted one of these! Open-mouthed smile

For the doors, we chose to do a combination of handles for drawers and knobs for doors. We kept the design simple and sleek, to go with the rest of the room.

And in case you haven’t already noticed, I have a slight obsession with “Live, Laugh, Love” décor.

IMG_8244IMG_8258

IMG_8259IMG_8261

I absolutely could NOT be happier with my new kitchen! We still have a little trim work to do around the door and window frames, and I still need to find us a new kitchen table, but everything else is pretty much done!

I think I could live in this room. Smile

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers February 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

courtney, i am so happy for you guys! the new kitchen looks fantastic!!!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..2 Percent

2 Mariana February 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I love the color of your wooden cabinets. Your kithcen looks great; you must be very happy.
Mariana recently posted..El Golfo

3 Liz February 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Ah, it seems so much more functional! Woohoo!
Liz recently posted..Heavenly Hash Ice Cream Cookies

4 Madison February 2, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Your kitchen looks beautiful. I especially love the J heart C nature pics! Where did you get them! I have been searching high and low all over the capital district for them!

5 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 1:18 pm

From a vendor at the Country Folk Art & Craft Show that comes to HVCC!

6 Rachel February 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

It looks STUNNING!!! :) I love it!

7 Hope February 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Wow! Your kitchen looks SO beautiful! I love the color of the countertops and the cabinets! The floor looks beautiful too! I am obsessed with Live Love Laugh stuff too! I also LOVE finding things to hang up or display that have my name on it, Hope. I can never find anything with my name on it so when I do, I always grab it! :)
Hope recently posted..Catching Up On the Rest of My Weekend…

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

WOW!!! Your kitchen looks amazing!!! I bet a lot of hard work went into that – was your hubby able to do a lot of the work himself? That makes such a big difference.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

9 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Yes, hubby was able to do quite a bit of it himself, which definitely helped us save money in the long run. He’s pretty handy to have around. ;)

10 Alicia February 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

It looks great!!
Alicia recently posted..Sheer Bliss

11 Rosey Rebecca February 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

It’s beautiful! Love the wine rack/glass cabinet.
Rosey Rebecca recently posted..The Accent Vlog

12 Shanna, like Banana February 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Courtney — this looks Fab-u-lous! I love it! Sleek, classiic, contemporary, sharp! Yippee!

13 Shayla February 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm

OMG your kitchen looks amazing!! You guys did an awesome job, congratulations! I absolutely love how you designed it and I love the wine rack and garbage drawer!! I’m for sure putting that garbage drawer on my list for our next kitchen – there’s nothing I hate more than our stand alone garbage!

And what brand is your microwave? We’re in need of a new one, our Kenmore went on the fritz!

14 Emily February 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Oh my gosh Courtney, it looks AMAZINGGGG! I’m uber jealous and we need to plan a baking date soon to use all those beautiful appliances :D
Emily recently posted..Homemade Funfetti Blueberry Pancakes

15 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:22 pm

YES WE DO! ASAP :-D

16 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Wow!!!! This remodle is gorgeous!!!!! I love everything about the way you did this!! Congratulations!!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Green Monster Gone Wrong

17 Holly February 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm

WOW WOW WOW! It looks a MILLION times better! I can’t believe how different it looks- you would never be able to tell that was the same space. I LOVE all of the colors you picked- like for the cabinets & the counter tops! CONGRATS on everything! I think I WOULD live in there- haha :D
Holly recently posted..A Divine Dinner

18 Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I’m so happy for you and your husband to be able to enjoy this beautiful kitchen!

All the hard work paid off :) :) :)
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Let’s Play Catch Up

19 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

It’s so beautiful! I love it! Almost exactly how my dream kitchen looks. ;)

20 Amy @ Vitamin Amy February 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Courtney, What a beautiful kitchen!! It was well worth the long 3 month wait. Think of all the meals and treats you will be making from now on! Congratulations to you and Jay! …and Cody of course ;-).
Amy @ Vitamin Amy recently posted..Latest Obsessions

21 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Oh my gosh–it looks so beautiful!!! I have a slight obsession with live laugh love decor too–it’s my favorite!! Congrats :)

22 Melissa February 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

It’s beautiful, Courtney! And how nice to have a snow day to blog about it! :D

Just FYI, I recently got this kitchen table off of Amazon. It’s pretty nice (for the price!) & would definitely fit with your decor . . . in case you want to check it out!

23 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Ooooo, that’s NICE! Thanks for the heads up…I’ll be checking that out tonight :)

24 Christine February 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm

It looks awesome!

I am also a fan of the Live, Laugh, Love :) As in it is probably in more places in our home – glad to see you are equally as obsessed!
Christine recently posted..Groundhog Day

25 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 2, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Aaah it looks LOVELY! And the live laugh love decor is great!! I wanna redo MY kitchen now!!!

26 Sarah Elizabeth February 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm

This looks fantastic! Congratulations! I am a bit jealous… =)

27 Erica February 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm

love it! :)

i love all your live.laugh.love decor…and i love that J <3 C too!
Erica recently posted..never assume

28 Laura J. February 2, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Your kitchen looks amazing!! :) So happy for you and your hubby!

29 Chicago Cuisine Critique February 2, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Your kitchen looks amazing! I would say all of the waiting was well worth it. :)
Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..What Im Loving Wednesday

30 suki February 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm

definitely great use of space in your new kitchen! i love it. :)
suki recently posted..January 2011 Reflection

31 Leah @ Why Deprive? February 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I want your kitchen! It looks awesome.

32 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm

It looks SO good- I love the dark wood.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Crepes &amp Skates

33 Sarah February 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN! I love it!
Showing the before and after pictures next to it really shows how great it is!
CONGRATS
Sarah recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- The Ice Storm

34 Kristi February 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Beautiful kitchen!!! Love it!

35 Blog is the New Black February 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

SO GORGEOUS! So jealous! Congrats! ;)

36 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 2, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Oh, Courtney! I absolutely l-o-v-e your kitchen!! It’s beautiful! What a process you’ve been through – I felt like you moved it right along…although you probably felt like it was never going to end! :)

37 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Hahaha…I definitely had my days!

38 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries February 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Your kitchen looks beautiful!! I can’t imagine how happy you are! So glad that you don’t have to wash your dishes in the bathroom sink anymore! :)
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..Making Cashew Butter on a Snow Day!!

39 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Me TOO! ;)

40 Kelly February 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Looks beautiful and so much more functional than before!! Good work! You are lucky you have such a handy hubby!! ;)

41 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Yes I am! :-D

42 Karen February 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm

The kitchen looks amazing!! I love the before and after photos! I really like your flooring…is it ceramic tile?
Karen recently posted..Heavenly Goodness

43 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Nope! It’s actually laminate flooring, which is MUCH easier to install, not as cold, and much easier on anything you might drop on it. I love it!

44 Emma February 2, 2011 at 6:30 pm

How exciting! What a great looking kitchen! Just think of all the fun you’ll have in there :-)
Emma recently posted..If you could see me now

45 Julia February 2, 2011 at 8:12 pm

So pretty! I also voted on Charlie’s blog :)

46 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thanks, Julia! :)

47 ezzie February 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm

That’s a gorgeous kitchen! I feel like I just watched an extreme makeover-kitchen addition. :P Loved the photos!
ezzie recently posted..Oatmeal Ddeok

48 ashley@quasichick February 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm

It is so pretty! I love your cabinets and decor! BTW I received my Cheerios package today :)
ashley@quasichick recently posted..My Big 4 Year Old–Enjoy!

49 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Oh YAY!! I’m so glad :)

50 Ally (oatsandspice) February 2, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Wow what a beautiful kitchen! I love the paint color and all the stainless steel appliances – It looks like something right off of HGTV. It is always fun seeing the before and after pictures :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Storm Of The Century

51 Allison @ Happy Tales February 2, 2011 at 11:56 pm

what a GORGEOUS new kitchen!!! I love it!!!!!
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Dinner in Chapel Hill &amp The Lion King on Broadway!

52 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza February 3, 2011 at 8:32 am

Your kitchen looks great! I’m so excited for you, you must be thrilled! I also love the garbage can holder, so convenient!

Glad you don’t have to use the bathroom sink as your dishwasher anymore :)

53 CaSaundra February 3, 2011 at 9:14 am

Oh wow Court!! This is beyond gorgeous–I am jealous! It was definitely worth all the demolition. Your hubby did a super job! I think you owe him a delicious meal in your new stunning kitchen! ;-)

54 Lauren (PB&G) February 3, 2011 at 10:15 am

WOW! Awesome kitchen, Courtney! I’m so jealous! It is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy!
Lauren (PB&G) recently posted..Another Round of Tofu

55 Kelly February 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Looks so good!! I am currently going through a kitchen remodel myself so I feel your pain!!! I am about a month behind you but at least I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

56 Kathie Marshall December 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Your kitchen looks beautiful.
Kathie Marshall recently posted..Many Cures