I May Have Found The One

by Courtney on February 8, 2011

I’ve never really been a huge tea drinker.

When it comes to getting my caffeine fix, or the comfort of a warm beverage, I almost always reach for coffee (or hot cocoa coffee).

That being said, I just may have found a tea to make me change my mind…

A couple weeks ago, I picked up this box of Bigelow White Chocolate Kisses tea, solely based on the fact that the box looked pretty and it had the word “chocolate” in it. Winking smile

But no matter what my reasons, I’m so glad I did because I am really enjoying sipping on this stuff right now. YUMM!

Perhaps my problem is that I just haven’t found my “Tea Identity?”

Are you a tea drinker? What teas do you like?

******************************

Rewind to bright and early this morning, and I will tell you that I started my Tuesday with a fantastic workout!

• Jillian Michael’s 6 Week Six-Pack Abs
  • 2 mile run (17:43)

You know, I may not enjoy getting up at 5:30am, but I sure do love having my workout done for the day by 6:30am! Winking smile

Breakfast

There was no waiting until I got to work for today’s breakfast…I was famished after my workout!

Hip-Hip-HOORAY for OIAJ!

In the jar:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Blueberries (>1/2 cup)
  • Cinnamon

Mixed together and thrown in the fridge last night…all ready to go today. Smile

Pre- & post- granola adage…

IMG_0149IMG_0151

With my mug-o-joe, of course. Smile

Speaking of my mug

I’ve actually had quite a few readers ask about this little guy!

I will tell you that if you’re in the market for purchasing a new one, this is phenomenal. I leave my house around 8:00am every day, and slowly sip on my coffee throughout the entire morning. At 11:00am, my coffee is still warm. That’s how insulated this bad boy is!

The mug actually comes in a set of 2, and can be found on QVC by clicking the link below:

Set of 2 Vacuum Insulated Autoseal 16oz. Elite Travel Tumblers

I would definitely recommend this in a heartbeat…and since it comes in a set of two, then you could always give one as a thoughtful gift! That’s actually how I got mine. Winking smile

******************************

Lunch

Oh, how I love me some leftovers.

After last night’s chicken dinner, I put together a salad using the rest of my piece of chicken, romaine, grape tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, dried cranberries, and fat-free feta cheese crumbles.

To “dress it up,” I mixed up some balsamic vinegar with a drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkle of rosemary garlic bread dip seasoning that I have. I really like making my own vinaigrettes like that, since I get to control how much of everything goes into it.

On the side, some Kashi crack crackers. Winking smile

**********************************

Tonight, Jay and I have plans for a mid-week Date Night at the movies. Smile

I’m thinking we’re going to go see No Strings Attached, since it looks pretty cute, and any other movies I wanted to see originally have gotten terrible reviews (i.e., The Roomate, Sanctum..)

We have a gift card from Christmas AND Tuesday’s are Free Popcorn Day at our theater, so I’m thinking it’s going to be a good night!

Question for the Evening:

Do you ever schedule special nights out during the week, or do you save them for the weekend?

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 8, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Mmm your OIAJ looks delish!! Especially with White Chocolate Wonderful, which I seriously HAVE to try soon! I’ve almost finished my Dark Chocolate Dreams, and can’t wait to have OIAJ with that! :D

Have fun on your mid-week date night!! I usually wait till the weekend, but I think that’s a great idea!!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Reader request- Contents of a gym bag…

2 Jordan February 8, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Mmm, I love tea! Not as much as coffee, though. Coffee is my one true love. ;)
My favorites are Tazo Awake, any sort of Earl Grey or English Breakfast, Celestial Seasonings seasonal teas such as Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride + Nutcracker Sweet + Candy Cane Lane, and Tazo Berryblossom White [SO GOOD and smells like a blueberry muffin].

3 Courtney February 8, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I wanted to try the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride SO BAD, but couldn’t find it ANYWHERE around me!! :(

4 Shanna, Like Banana February 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Too funny…we were going to have date-night movie-night too! But then hubby found out he has to work late. Boo.
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day! … Shoe Giveaway!

5 Marg February 8, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Oh, I thought that movie was pretty cute! Really liked Natalie Portman in it. We tend to save bigger date nights for the weekend, at most we’ll do dinner on a weeknight.

6 mm February 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I schedule nights out during the week a lot. Last night I went to dinner with a friend, tonight I’m going to get mani/pedis with a group of my girls, and then tomorrow night I’m going out to dinner and a movie (No Strings Attached for us too!) with 2 other friends of mine.

I love coffee and tea. For tea I typically drink Tazo Awake or Tazo Zen. Also, they sell those coffee mugs at Costco too (or at least they do at our Costco) :)
mm recently posted..Breakfast- Bookshelves- and Booties

7 Shelby February 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I have the same coffee mug (but mine is red!) and it is awesome. Spill-proof and keeps things hot forever! We got ours at Costco and it was a little cheaper for both of them!

8 Courtney February 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm

This is why we need a Costco around here!!!

9 Charlie February 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm

That tea sounds delicious! I am definitely a tea drinker, as in I have TONS of tea :P.
I understand why you liked this tea since sweet “dessert” teas are usually liked by everyone. I have creme caramel & buttered rum and they are DELICIOUS!
Charlie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge Winners!

10 Courtney February 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Love free popcorn Tuesday’s!! :) Enjoy!
Courtney recently posted..Artichoke Pizza

11 Charlie February 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm

And my boyfriend’s parents bought the same mug as yours in a pack of 2 at costco!
Charlie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge Winners!

12 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 8, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I love mid-week date nights. They really break up the monotony of the work week!

You should try the pomegranate white tea from Trader Joe’s. It’s a beautiful fuschia color and tastes fantastic!

13 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries February 8, 2011 at 5:57 pm

We usually save date nights for the weekend! Once in a while we have a week-night date but it’s been some time. Thanks for reminding me to fit it in soon. :)
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..Vegan Challenge Week- Day 1 Recap

14 Blog is the New Black February 8, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love tea, but mostly for the health benefits. I like green tea with mango, or peach, etc. That tea sounds AWESOME though!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Monterey Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice

15 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I haven’t seen that tea anywhere around here! I’m dying to try it! I did have a really good apple cinnamon tea last night that was perfect for right before bed!

We typically save our date nights for the weekend – it seems something always comes up during the week :( Hope you have fun!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Down the Road

16 Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I love orange pekoe tea… the taste, the smell, it makes me weak in the knees! :)

17 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I need to get that tea!! I’m obsessed with anything and everything white chocolate!! Oatmeal in my favorite jar!!! I can’t wait to do that when I finish my White Chocolate Wonderful!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Red O

18 Elizabeth R. February 8, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I love my Contigo!! They sell them at my Costco, as well.

19 Karen February 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm

That tea looks awesome. I haven’t seen it yet in the store but I’m definitely going to keep my eye out for it! I enjoy a nice cup of tea on a cold day…I tend to like flavored green teas and some of the seasonal Christmas teas (sugar cookie sleigh ride & peppermint)
Karen recently posted..May the Force Be With You

20 Anna @ Blissful Whimsy February 8, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I absolutely loooove tea. My mom was so excited to pack up my giant tea stash and send it with me when I moved out. I love TAZO Chai and Vanilla Rooibus, and Celestial Seasonings Coconut Thai Chai :o)
Anna @ Blissful Whimsy recently posted..Valentines Bark on a Monday

21 Erica February 8, 2011 at 6:36 pm

i’m not really a tea drinker, but i’m going to look for that one you have. chocolate tea? i’ve got to try it!
Erica recently posted..don’t laugh- ok

22 Stephanie @cookinfanatic February 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm

we saw no strings attached this past weekend and i thought it was really good! hope you have a great weeknight date night – those are always the best!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Peaaanut- peaaanut butter And chicken

23 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 8, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I always save fun things for the weekend. I’m too tired to do a special night during the week! Although on occasion it can be a nice change. That tea sounds great!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What is That!!

24 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 8, 2011 at 7:29 pm

My fiance and I always have a date night during the week. Why save all the fun for the weekend? :) It also gives us something to look forward to mid-week, which actually makes the days go by faster!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Oh- What a Night

25 Melissa February 8, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I love the Celestial Seasonings Cherry Berry or Black Cherry or something cherry! It’s really fruity & doesn’t need any sugar to sweeten it up!

I usually do dinner out during the week with a friend, but it’s hard to go out after school. Sometimes, I’m just too beat!
Melissa recently posted..Alrighty Then

26 Courtney February 8, 2011 at 10:06 pm

They sound delish! I’m not usually into fruity teas, but the black cherry sounds so intriguing!

27 Amy B @ Second City Randomness February 8, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I have a feeling I would LOVE that tea. The “chocolate” in the name would have had me, too. Plus, I love tea in general. Black, green, iced, hot- doesn’t matter!
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Pass The Bread- Please!

28 Angela February 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Quick Question – how much PB is in your OIAJ? Looks yummy!!

29 Courtney February 8, 2011 at 10:06 pm

It varies from jar to jar. This jar I had already done a pretty good job of wiping clean, so there wasn’t a whole lot left in there…maybe a few teaspoons? I’ve been known to leave a couple tablespoons at the bottom though. ;)

30 Stacie February 8, 2011 at 8:39 pm

White chocolate tea?!? I’m so intrigued.

Have fun on your date night!
Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

31 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 8, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Courtney I’m totally looking for that tea next time I’m at the store!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Self Serve Shoppe

32 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I’m loving that tea right now too! I am a sucker for anything with hearts on it and the white chocolate part totally sold me.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Looking Back

33 She Rocks Fitness February 8, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I am so EXCITED to have my oats in a jar tomorrow AM! I think the combo is going to be apple, cinnamon, and oats. I’m not really a tea drinker and never have been. I prefer coffee and love having it every single morning! :)
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..Monday Morning…sigh…

34 Amy at TheSceneFromMe February 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I had to giggle when I saw this post because I too posted on the same thing last week, I love that white chocolate tea! See my post here: http://thescenefromme.com/2011/01/30/winter-avalanche/

And I am eating some white chocolate cherry peanut butter now from CHerry Republic in Michigan!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe recently posted..Where I Bake and Cook

35 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 8:03 am

Say WHAAAAAT?!? I need to get my hands on that peanut butter…how can I make that happen?!?!? :)

36 Amy at TheSceneFromMe February 9, 2011 at 10:42 am

Here is the link to buy the white chocolate cherry peanut butterhttp://www.cherryrepublic.com/product/White-Chocolate-Cherry-Peanut-Butter/uniquely-cherry-republic. It’s very good. And it comes in a 15oz. container!
Amy at TheSceneFromMe recently posted..Where I Bake and Cook

37 Ally (oatsandspice) February 8, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I am going to look for that flavor tea because I am not a huge tea drinker either… I don’t understand why people think it is so good!

Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Oh So “Tempt”ing

38 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie February 8, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I only drink tea when I feel sick! But that looks chocolatey. Is it?
Those OIAJ sound good… Since I finish off a PB jar weekly that should be no problem for me to be make those soon!

Let us know how the movie was :)

39 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 8:02 am

It does definitely have a hint of chocolate, but I also added some vanilla almond milk to mine, which is why it looks creamier

40 Michelle February 8, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I love tea!! I like Revolution Ginger Peach, Forte teas, and a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas. English Breakfast is my basic go-to, though.

Our planned date nights are on weekends, but we have spontaneous dates during the week and on weekends sometimes!
Michelle recently posted..What’s your color

41 ashley@quasichick February 8, 2011 at 11:12 pm

White chocolate kisses tea and white chocolate wonderful PB..I think there may be a pattern!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Why I Love Blogging

42 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 8:01 am

Hahaha, I think you’re right! Just wait until Friday when you see my next white chocolate cookie recipe. ;)

43 christina February 9, 2011 at 12:07 am

WHERE did you buy that tea!?
christina recently posted..Hula-Spin Success and Black History Month

44 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 8:01 am

Price Chopper!

45 CaSaundra February 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

I am not really a tea fan myself. The only hot beverage I really like is hot chocolate, but I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for this tea–it may be worth a shot :-)

46 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Looooove OIAJ! My favorite breakfast!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

47 GiGi February 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Have you tried the egg-nog tea too? It’s PHENOMENAL!!! I haven’t tried this one and REALLY want to order it on line but the only way Amazon ships it is in a pack of 6 boxes… and without me trying it first I am a bit skeptical, but I think I may just CAVE! ha ha. I love my tea!!!!! :)

48 GiGi February 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm

ha ha ha ha! Just bought it!!
GiGi recently posted..Not gaga for this diet

49 Courtney February 20, 2011 at 12:08 am

Hahaha, good for you!! :)