I May Have Found The One

I’ve never really been a huge tea drinker.

When it comes to getting my caffeine fix, or the comfort of a warm beverage, I almost always reach for coffee (or hot cocoa coffee).

That being said, I just may have found a tea to make me change my mind…

A couple weeks ago, I picked up this box of Bigelow White Chocolate Kisses tea, solely based on the fact that the box looked pretty and it had the word “chocolate” in it. Winking smile

But no matter what my reasons, I’m so glad I did because I am really enjoying sipping on this stuff right now. YUMM!

Perhaps my problem is that I just haven’t found my “Tea Identity?”

Are you a tea drinker? What teas do you like?

******************************

Rewind to bright and early this morning, and I will tell you that I started my Tuesday with a fantastic workout!

• Jillian Michael’s 6 Week Six-Pack Abs
  • 2 mile run (17:43)

You know, I may not enjoy getting up at 5:30am, but I sure do love having my workout done for the day by 6:30am! Winking smile

Breakfast

There was no waiting until I got to work for today’s breakfast…I was famished after my workout!

Hip-Hip-HOORAY for OIAJ!

In the jar:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Blueberries (>1/2 cup)
  • Cinnamon

Mixed together and thrown in the fridge last night…all ready to go today. Smile

Pre- & post- granola adage…

IMG_0149IMG_0151

With my mug-o-joe, of course. Smile

Speaking of my mug

I’ve actually had quite a few readers ask about this little guy!

I will tell you that if you’re in the market for purchasing a new one, this is phenomenal. I leave my house around 8:00am every day, and slowly sip on my coffee throughout the entire morning. At 11:00am, my coffee is still warm. That’s how insulated this bad boy is!

The mug actually comes in a set of 2, and can be found on QVC by clicking the link below:

Set of 2 Vacuum Insulated Autoseal 16oz. Elite Travel Tumblers

I would definitely recommend this in a heartbeat…and since it comes in a set of two, then you could always give one as a thoughtful gift! That’s actually how I got mine. Winking smile

******************************

Lunch

Oh, how I love me some leftovers.

After last night’s chicken dinner, I put together a salad using the rest of my piece of chicken, romaine, grape tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, dried cranberries, and fat-free feta cheese crumbles.

To “dress it up,” I mixed up some balsamic vinegar with a drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkle of rosemary garlic bread dip seasoning that I have. I really like making my own vinaigrettes like that, since I get to control how much of everything goes into it.

On the side, some Kashi crack crackers. Winking smile

**********************************

Tonight, Jay and I have plans for a mid-week Date Night at the movies. Smile

I’m thinking we’re going to go see No Strings Attached, since it looks pretty cute, and any other movies I wanted to see originally have gotten terrible reviews (i.e., The Roomate, Sanctum..)

We have a gift card from Christmas AND Tuesday’s are Free Popcorn Day at our theater, so I’m thinking it’s going to be a good night!

Question for the Evening:

Do you ever schedule special nights out during the week, or do you save them for the weekend?

Comments

1. Jordan says

Mmm, I love tea! Not as much as coffee, though. Coffee is my one true love. 😉
    My favorites are Tazo Awake, any sort of Earl Grey or English Breakfast, Celestial Seasonings seasonal teas such as Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride + Nutcracker Sweet + Candy Cane Lane, and Tazo Berryblossom White [SO GOOD and smells like a blueberry muffin].

Oh, I thought that movie was pretty cute! Really liked Natalie Portman in it. We tend to save bigger date nights for the weekend, at most we’ll do dinner on a weeknight.

I schedule nights out during the week a lot. Last night I went to dinner with a friend, tonight I’m going to get mani/pedis with a group of my girls, and then tomorrow night I’m going out to dinner and a movie (No Strings Attached for us too!) with 2 other friends of mine.

I love coffee and tea. For tea I typically drink Tazo Awake or Tazo Zen. Also, they sell those coffee mugs at Costco too (or at least they do at our Costco) :)
    mm recently posted..Breakfast- Bookshelves- and Booties

4. Shelby says

I have the same coffee mug (but mine is red!) and it is awesome. Spill-proof and keeps things hot forever! We got ours at Costco and it was a little cheaper for both of them!

I haven’t seen that tea anywhere around here! I’m dying to try it! I did have a really good apple cinnamon tea last night that was perfect for right before bed!

We typically save our date nights for the weekend – it seems something always comes up during the week :( Hope you have fun!
    Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Down the Road

I need to get that tea!! I’m obsessed with anything and everything white chocolate!! Oatmeal in my favorite jar!!! I can’t wait to do that when I finish my White Chocolate Wonderful!
    Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Red O

That tea looks awesome. I haven’t seen it yet in the store but I’m definitely going to keep my eye out for it! I enjoy a nice cup of tea on a cold day…I tend to like flavored green teas and some of the seasonal Christmas teas (sugar cookie sleigh ride & peppermint)
    Karen recently posted..May the Force Be With You

I love the Celestial Seasonings Cherry Berry or Black Cherry or something cherry! It’s really fruity & doesn’t need any sugar to sweeten it up!

I usually do dinner out during the week with a friend, but it’s hard to go out after school. Sometimes, I’m just too beat!
    Melissa recently posted..Alrighty Then

• Courtney says

It varies from jar to jar. This jar I had already done a pretty good job of wiping clean, so there wasn’t a whole lot left in there…maybe a few teaspoons? I’ve been known to leave a couple tablespoons at the bottom though. 😉

• Courtney says

It does definitely have a hint of chocolate, but I also added some vanilla almond milk to mine, which is why it looks creamier

I love tea!! I like Revolution Ginger Peach, Forte teas, and a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas. English Breakfast is my basic go-to, though.

Our planned date nights are on weekends, but we have spontaneous dates during the week and on weekends sometimes!
    Michelle recently posted..What’s your color

• Courtney says

Hahaha, I think you’re right! Just wait until Friday when you see my next white chocolate cookie recipe. 😉

I am not really a tea fan myself. The only hot beverage I really like is hot chocolate, but I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for this tea–it may be worth a shot :-)

Have you tried the egg-nog tea too? It’s PHENOMENAL!!! I haven’t tried this one and REALLY want to order it on line but the only way Amazon ships it is in a pack of 6 boxes… and without me trying it first I am a bit skeptical, but I think I may just CAVE! ha ha. I love my tea!!!!! :)