Fulfilling A Craving

It’s no secret…I take a lot of pictures of food.

pics

So it should come as no surprise that even when I’m looking through pictures of past vacations, I will inevitably come across some of my favorite eats.

Well, that’s exactly what happened to me last week as I was browsing through some pictures of my Las Vegas trip this past August. Man, that was such a fun trip!

IMG_4474IMG_4479

Sure enough, as I was looking through those pictures, I happened to come across what I remembered to be some of the best pancakes I’ve ever had…and have been craving them ever since.

Luckily for me, I had a special blogger meet-up tonight that would fulfill both my craving for fun friends AND pancakes! Smile

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Katie, Rebecca, Emily & Jen tonight for an early dinner at Peaches Café.

I can’t believe I’ve gotten to see Jen twice in the past 3 days! Smile

Peaches Café has some amazing breakfast food, so, considering my hankering for pancakes this past week, tonight’s dinner was really no question…

To get the full breakfast-for-dinner effect, I started out with some coffee. Caramel Nut coffee, to be exact.

Aaaaamazing!

Then came time for the real deal: Banana Pecan Pancakes, baby! Open-mouthed smile

Just check out those chunks of bananas and pecans…I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into ‘em.

Right after they got their fair share of syrup, of course. Winking smile

The pancakes were incredible. Light, fluffy, the perfect amount of sweetness…oh my gosh, I was in love.

On the side, I also ordered two scrambled egg whites (with ketchup), in an attempt to balance out the heavy syrup intake. Winking smile

And I will say, it’s a good thing I only ordered two pancakes instead of three, because I most likely would have eaten myself into a mini pancake coma. They were so good that willpower would have been slim to none. Yeah, most likely none. Winking smile

I’m so lucky to have so many great ladies who live so close to me. It’s always so fun when we get together! Smile

Now, it’s time to go spend time with my boys who are both waiting patiently out on the couch for me.

**Thanks to everyone for the suggestions today about my morning workout dilemma. You’ve brought up some really great points, some of which I’m definitely considering!

Question for the Evening:

What is most likely to spark a food craving for you? Photos / discussion / commercials / smells?

Comments

Hard to say! I have the most random cravings! But this post is making me want banana walnut pancakes from a diner in Pittsburgh–so maybe pics & discussion are triggers for me???
    Melissa recently posted..Island Inspired

Jesus I’ve never wanted pancakes so bad in my life!! I love the banana pecan combination! I don’t even think I would have looked at those egg whites having those pancakes next to me :) Btw love the pictures, what a fun blogger meet up. You are so pretty 😀
    Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Sweetest Thing

When I was losing weight, my willpower for dessert was amazing. Now, you put a cheesecake in front of me and you know i’m gonna get my fork into it! I also crave oats when I wake up- hot or cold but I gotta have it….nothing else cuts it quite like oats!
    Khushboo recently posted..Lessons to learn

Ooooh great pancakes – looks like you have a wonderful selection of eateries in your part of the world! Oooh I really miss Thai and Malaysian food – my mum’s side of the family are all from that part of the world so trips over there used to be a yearly thing before we got married (and realised that we have a whole list of countries we want to see and limited holidays with full-time jobs!)

I love the smells and sights of street cooking – people just cooking out in the open air or in night markets. They don’t do that kind of thing over here in London. My friends just came back from a honeymoon in Phuket and the food looked amazing… green curry, phad thai noodles… fresh seafood. I love eating by the sea, open air barbeques in hot countries. Can you tell I am craving my summer holiday? We are going to St. Lucia this year – I am really looking forward to it – I bet you have some great recommendations for dishes to try? … if so, send them my way!

Enjoy your day,

Sarah

• Courtney says

Oh my gosh, I LOVED St. Lucia! Everything I had there was amazing…I even ended up trying calamari (a little too salty for me though…) and lamb, which I didn’t realize I was eating until after the fact. :) Have a BLAST!!!

This is a ridiculous observation, but I wanted to share it with you: everyone on my side of the table has their hair down, and you and Jen have your hair up. Again, it’s a ridiculous observation, but I’m kind of ridiculous like that. :-)
    Rosey Rebecca recently posted..Birthday Shenanigans

those pancakes look amazing! i was thinking how I could recreate them to have banana pieces in them (I usually just mash them in my pancakes)
    I usually get cravings from smells. I wont be hungry, then I will step into a restaurant or bakery, and its suddenly time to eat haha
    Kristen recently posted..New Theme- Liquorice

Your post sparked a craving! I just packed my lunch for work tomo: veg soup with an oatmeAl pancake, strawberries, and dark Choc dreams. Random lunch but does the trick and ticks all the food groups :)
    Khushboo recently posted..Lessons to learn