We’re a Friendly Breed

Waking up to work out at 6am on a Saturday is not a normal thing for this gal. However, when you’ve got a breakfast date with two fun ladies at your favorite breakfast spot, that’s enough to get your booty movin’!

This morning’s workout consisted of a mini date with Jillian and her six-pack abs, followed by a quick 2-mile run on the treadmill. Everything about today’s exercise felt extremely challenging…perhaps my body telling me to cool it with the way-too-early for a weekend workouts?

Whatever the reason, I was happy to have it done and got myself ready to meet up with these lovely ladies!

DSCN2036

Katie and I have already met up numerous times, but this was my first time to meet the lovely Brittney! A few weeks ago, she mentioned that she was heading up this way for a wedding (she’s a lucky North Carolinian!) and asked if anyone was around to meet up. Us bloggers really are a friendly breed, aren’t we?

We met up this morning at Café Madison which, as you may already know, is home of my absolute favorite Red Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes. Of course, I started off with a mandatory cup of coffee…

and then had another. Smile

I don’t know why I didn’t just stick with my gut on the pancakes, but I made a game-time decision and ended up going with a make-your-own-omelet.

I ordered an egg-white omelet with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spinach. Alas, they did not give me my egg whites, and the omelet was actually pretty greasy. Total bummer. Sad smile

Luckily, they make some killer home fries,

and some amazing homemade honey whole wheat bread, so I ate most of these.

I can’t complain, since I was with some amazing company, and really spent the majority of the time chatting away anyways! Since Brittney is from Charlotte, she graciously offered to show Jay and I around if we were ever to make it down that way…

Hmmmmm……possible vacation?!?!? Winking smile

Thanks for a great morning, ladies!

************

Once I got home, I got to work on some cupcakes that I’m making for a birthday party for Jay’s grandma tomorrow. I’ve got 4 dozen to bring…one dozen down, three to go!

This batch is a golden cupcake with lemon curd filling and white chocolate buttercream frosting.

IMG_2115IMG_2116

Nice and springy, wouldn’t ya say? Smile

Now Jay and I are headed out for the day to hang out with some good friends and family, with a possible dinner outing later this evening. It’s sure to be a fun day!

Question for the Day:

What’s your favorite breakfast to order when out to eat?

Comments

I had an awesome breakfast out last week: egg White omelet with smoked salmon, avocado, tomatoes w basil, and rye toast. For something sweet, we ordered a plate of hotcakes with maple syrup to share….so yum!
    Now I want to make pancakes!
    Khushboo recently posted..Fat to Phat

Wow, those cupcakes look incredible! They’re so cute!

My favorite breakfast to order is a simple plate of classic scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon! Pour a little maple syrup on everything and I’m good to go! :)

Wow! Your cupcakes are so professional! I’m impressed! I always struggle with the frosting part!

My favorite breakfast to order while eating out is a Belgian waffle with blueberry compote on top!
    Laura recently posted..Saturday Mornings

• Courtney says

Haha, thank you! I don’t know…I just use a large round tip, pop it into my frosting bag, and start swirlin’! ;)

The frosting on your cupcakes always looks so perfectly piped!!

I never go out for breakfast! Well, I do, but technically then it’s brunch and I always get savory foods like a salad or veggie sandwich. I’m not a big fan of breakfast joint foods!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Zaros and Zapped

Wow! Your cupcakes just get better and better. They look like they are straight out of a bakery :-) Totally relate to getting greasy omelets. I hate that, and I hate when they forget the egg whites :-(. But I never like to send things back! haha oh well!

When I go out for brunch here, I usually like to pick one of the more unique things on the menu. I just think it’s fun to experiment. But, my favorite item to order out at brunch is french toast – especially when they use a funky bread like Challah Bread.
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..A Little Pizza and Some Country

6. Ali says

Hey girl!

I have been checking out your blog for quite some time but have never posted!

I LOVE to make cupcakes too! I was wondering how you decorated these cupcakes:

Did you make a classic white mix and then used one of the filling pipes to add the lemon curd?

What size/type tip did you use to make the swirl? Right now I use a star tip only.

Also, what flowers did you use on the top?

Obviously, I want to make these and make them as cute as yours!!!!

Thanks girl!

• Courtney says

Hi Ali! I made a scratch golden cake and cut out the center once cooled to pipe in the lemon curd. Then I replace the tops back on. I used a large round tip for the frosting, and the flowers are sugar/candy flowers I bought from a store near my house. :)

• Courtney says

I get them from a store right up the street from me actually, called The Confectionery House. They have a website you can order from too if you Google search their name. They have everything!

Those cupcakes are adorable and they look delicious!
    I love to order pancakes when I go out to eat, because I never make them for myself and they are nearly my favorite food!

8. fsugirl! says

Cupcakes look great! You’re so talented! :D Enjoy your weekend, hoping it’s filled with lots of fun for ya!

6am on a SATURDAY! Thats dedication! Im not sure if my body would ever allow such a thing but good job!
    Those cupcakes are so adorable and easter/spring inspired love them.
    White chocolate buttercream sounds amazing too!
    Sarah recently posted..Pop of Red