This Is Why I Blog

by Courtney on April 17, 2011

Hey everyone! I actually wasn’t going to post at all today, seeing as though I don’t have all that much to share. However, after reading all of your absolutely wonderful comments from today, I felt compelled to write.

Once again, you have all further proved just how incredible this blogging community really is. This is why I love blogging. This is why I continue to share my life with you every day.

I love being able to share things with you all, knowing that I can be completely honest, without having to worry about being judged. Knowing that I have my “virtual” support system certainly helps carry me through the tough times, and keeps me sane.

You are all truly amazing, and I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for listening to me ramble, thank you for your support…hey, thank you for just being you!

************

So as I mentioned before, I really wasn’t planning on blogging much today, so I don’t have all that much to share. However, I will give you a glimpse into what my kitchen looks like when I bake…

Sadly enough, this was actually taken after I had done some clean up. The mini fridge was actually from my old classroom, and came in quite handy for storing the cupcakes. But seriously, it’s like a tornado rips through this place when I get workin’. Watch out!

The only other cupcake pictures I took were these…another batch of Chocolate PB Cup. These are probably the most popular request I get. Smile

And while I was baking, I actually took a little break to enjoy a real, wholesome, healthy and delicious breakfast. A bowl of frosting sounded intriguing, I’m not gonna lie…but I thought better of it. Winking smile

So I put together a delicious yogurt bowl, complete with a plain Chobani, lots of fresh strawberries, sliced banana, chia seeds, and some homemade Cranberry Almond Granola.

It tasted like heaven and was exactly what I needed.

A little while later, I got my endorphins goin’ a bit with another round of my 4-3-2-1 workout. It’s possibly one of my new favorites.

And now, since we just got back from Jay’s grandma’s birthday party, I’m comfy in my cozies and ready to relax with my two boys.

************

Before signing off for tonight, let me quickly announce the winner of my Spring Celebration Photo Book giveaway

photowin

Congratulations Jen!! Email me at sweettoothcourtney@gmail.com and I’ll set you up with what you’ll need to get started!

G’night all! See ya in the morning. Smile

Question for the Evening:

What was the best part about your weekend??

1 *Andrea* April 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm

you need to open a cupcake shop!!! these look to die for!!!!

2 Kelly April 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Do you have a baking business on the side??
Kelly recently posted..in tens years i’ll be 40

3 Danica April 17, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing! Courtney, your cupcakes look perfect/professionally done–you should maybe consider selling them because there’s no doubt people would be interested!

4 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Thanks Danica! It’s something I’ve been thinking about…

5 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I wouldn’t really call it a “business”…I just do orders for families and friends who ask. I did the 4 dozen for a family party today. :)

6 Laura April 18, 2011 at 10:54 am

where do you get those lil cupcake place holders? those are so convenient!

7 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

There’s actually a baking supply store right up the road from me, but they also have a website: http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 17, 2011 at 8:17 pm

The best part of my weekend was feeling better! I was sick all day Friday and yesterday.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..just laugh

9 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I saw that! I’m so glad you’re finally feeling better :)

10 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 17, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I think you need to open a bakery :) And I am so glad I found that 4-3-2-1 from you. It’s one of my favorites now! It makes running on the treadmill go by so much faster!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Where’d My Saturdays Go!

11 Sarah @livelovexercise April 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Wow I agree with everyone else you need to open up a bakery! Those cupcakes look amazing!!!!! Makes me want one real bad!! Breakfast looked delicious as well!

12 Veronica April 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Wow! Those DO look INCREDIBLE!! You are very talented! Where do you get those neat cardboard cupcake carrier things?

13 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Thank you! There’s actually a store right up the road from me that sells a ton of baking supplies.

14 Liz @ iheartvegetables April 17, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I feel so lucky to be a part of the blogging community! It’s such an amazing support system!

Your cupcakes always look so amazing!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Food Bloggers Sin

15 Elizabeth April 17, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I would love a cupcake right now!

The best part of my weekend was seeing old friends! Makes everything better:)

16 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews April 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I’m praying that everything works out for you and teaching. You seem like an amazing teacher : )
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Review

17 Katy Berryman April 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Courtney,

You’re so awesome! You are seriously handling your situation so well. I so glad you had the courage to open up to it on the blog. We are all hear for you! I love reading your writing and the moments of your life! Keep it up!

P.S. Your cupcakes look ridiculously good. You should go on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars! ;)

18 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Awwww, thanks Katy! That’s such a compliment! :)

19 Charlie April 17, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I’m going to move to NY so I can buy your cupcakes :). They look sooo good. Finals make me crave tons of sweets lol.
Charlie recently posted..Mini Eggs Buttery Cookies

20 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Hahaha, sounds good! :)

21 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 17, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I love how your kitchen looks so worn in ;) Mine is spotless because no one at my house cooks except for me lol Those pb cupcakes look delicious :) I do wish you were my neighbor, I really do ;)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..Fab Friday

22 Courtney April 17, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hahaha…”worn in”…I like it ;)

23 Khushboo April 18, 2011 at 1:23 am

Oh those choc pb cupcakes look heavenly! Hmm lots of good stuff happened this weekend. My sister was visiting so we went to an all-you-can-eat Japanese, Thai + Chinese restaurant on Friday night and surprisingly I walked out feeling pleasantly full! Saturday I replaced my gym session with a swim and it was so refreshing in the heat. I also finally made it to the cinema- twice! If you haven’t seen Lincoln Lawyer or Just Go With It, I recommend both! Thoroughly enjoyed both.
The pancakes I had for breakfast yday were also up there in highlights of my weekend!
Have a great day :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Get over it

24 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 18, 2011 at 1:42 am

I agree with the posts above – please start a bakery! You’ll have lots of loyal customers before you even sell your first cupcake.

Best part of my weekend – Taking a “right” turn down a random corner and catching a glimpse of a red carpet Hollywood premiere. I don’t know why I couldn’t get in though? Are workout clothes not proper attire for the red carpet? ;-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..And I Gotta Say- Today was a Good Day

25 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 7:44 am

Hahahaha :)

26 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 18, 2011 at 2:47 am

AHH those cupcakes look INSANE!!!!!! like beyond insane actually!
best part about my weekend was my 8 mile run! im moving up! :D

27 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign April 18, 2011 at 7:32 am

I just love your blog!

Best part of my weekend was doing absolutely nothing but relaxing on saturday!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..ABCs

28 Jen April 18, 2011 at 9:26 am

Wow amazing cupcakes. The best part of my weekend is being with my family and friends =)

29 Miranda @ working mom works out April 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm

You kitchen looks like mine when I get done baking!!!

30 Tara @ trulysimplebits April 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Wow those cupcakes look amazing!!
I just stumbled on your blog. Looking forward to reading more :)

31 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Welcome, Tara! :)

32 Sarah April 19, 2011 at 9:03 am

My kitchen looks the same ( and worse) when I bake.. its a crazy mess but i’m ok with that :)
Sarah recently posted..beat

33 presley April 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

I agree with the cupcake shop idea :) I would for sure buy your cupcakes… They look pretty darn legit!