Too Much To Handle

by Courtney on April 18, 2011

Tonight, Jay and I had to make a trip over to my parents house so he could help them with a little “incident” that happened over the weekend…

Would ya check that out?!? Apparently, all of the wind from this weekend was too much for this ginormous pine tree in my parents’ yard. So sad. Sad smile

Since we have a chainsaw, we brought it over so Jay and my dad could work together to clean up the mess

IMG_2185IMG_2186

After the clean up, we stayed and hung out for a bit chatting and having a few good laughs. Smile

Before we had left the house earlier, I put together an awesome chopped salad to have for dinner. This baby had everything! Mixed greens, cukes, grape tomatoes, red onion, red-orange-AND-yellow peppers, broccoli, dried cranberries, leftover chicken, sunflower seeds, and some Chavrie goat cheese.

I put it all in a big bowl, and used two knives to “chop” the salad the same way I like to get it from my favorite salad place. I finished it all off with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and I can honestly say this was one of the best salads I’ve had in a while. I think it was the Chavrie! Winking smile

Since I ate dinner a little before 6, I started to get hungry on our way home, so I just popped a bag of 100-Calorie butter popcorn topped off with a some sea salt and parmesan cheese. YUM!

Gotta run…Cougar Town is on tonight!! Open-mouthed smile

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles April 18, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Ah! I thought I was the only one who liked Cougar Town! That makes me so happy. :)

2 Lauren April 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Lately, popcorn has been my go to snack. Yours looks amazing. Is it too late to make some for myself?
Lauren recently posted..A New Twist on an Old Favorite – Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Scones

3 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out April 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Yay for Cougartown!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Long Time No Sleep

4 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 18, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I didn’t know they changed Cougar Town to Mondays! Since it was always on after Modern Family I would watch it but with that new show I thought the season was over. Nice to know it’s still running :) Courtney Cox is fabulous!

5 Courtney April 18, 2011 at 10:46 pm

It’s still going to be on on Wednesdays…I think tonight was just a special episode. Bobby seriously cracks me up. I think he’s my favorite! :)

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" April 18, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Cougar Town huh? Maybe I need to give that show a chance! I always love a good salad for dinner. I just made one tonight! Of course I won’t post about it for a good hour. MUST get to bed earlier!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down – Cake Pops For Breakfast

7 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 19, 2011 at 12:17 am

I haven’t watched Cougar Town in forever! I need to catch up! :)

8 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie April 19, 2011 at 5:40 am

I thought cougar town was only on Wednesday’s! I hope my dvr recorded it
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Crock pot to the rescue

9 fsugirl! April 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Yay! Love Cougar Town! :D

10 Sarah April 19, 2011 at 9:11 pm

mmmm that salad look delicious!

Ive never put parm cheese on popcorn before, what a good idea!
Sarah recently posted..beat

11 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 20, 2011 at 6:27 pm

That salad looks amazing. I think I know whats for dinner tomorrow.

The knocked over tree reminded me of my father trying to cut down a tree in our front yard last summer all by himself. Needless to say, it didn’t go as planned and we have a nice hole in our siding where the tree fell onto the house. He was lucky because he barely missed my bedroom window!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Overnight Oats