Ragamuffin

Did you guys know that Starbucks was offering free iced coffee and/or tea today to those who brought in their refillable tumblers??

Do you guys know who drove an extra 10 minutes out of her way just to get her free iced coffee today??

That’s right…this girl.

Please excuse my ragamuffin appearance. In honor of Earth Day, I decided to skip the blow drying of the hair.

Then I decided it was a no make-up sorta day.

And then I raided hubby’s closet for my favorite sweatshirt of his.

Oh yes, that’s how I roll. Winking smile

********

Normally when I hit up the bux, my drink of choice is some sort of caramel macchiato or other latte. So I was a little more than shocked when I took my first sip of iced coffee…holy cow that stuff is stronnngggg! Surprised smile

Once I got over the initial shock of it, I adjusted quite nicely and sipped slowly on it all afternoon while catching up on a little reading…

I’m about halfway through so far on Tina’s book, and I’m totally loving it. On more than one occasion, she has left me craving some sort of food or rethinking my own eating habits. Way to rock it, Tina!! Open-mouthed smile

**********

For dinner tonight, I whipped up a little pasta dish for Jay and I that definitely hit the spot.

The dish included some sautéed garlic, onions, roasted red peppers, Italian-style tomatoes, spinach, fat-free feta, and pine nuts. It was all combined with some EVOO, S&P, basil, and some reserved water from my mini farfalle pasta.

I don’t really have an actual recipe for it, but I suppose I could probably put something together if ya waaaaant. Winking smile

And since it is Friday and all, tonight’s dinner was enjoyed with a little glass of vino.

IMG_2312IMG_2317

The rest of the evening is going to be low key for us. I’m *hoping* to be up and nice and early for a BodyPump class in the morning, since Sunday’s usual class is cancelled for the Easter holiday.

Nothin’ wrong with a nice, quiet Friday night in, right? Smile

Question for the Evening:

Did you do anything in honor of Earth Day today?

Comments

I made a special trip to a Target with a Starbucks to get my free coffee too. I just realized that using the gas to make the special trip probably negates the good from using my own tumbler for the coffee. Oh well : ) I conserved water and took a super speedy shower today!
    Karen recently posted..Array of Emotions

2. fsugirl! says

I enjoyed my breakfast outside for Earth Day! I would’ve skipped blow drying my hair,too, but I was hitting up my Church for Good Friday! :D Enjoy your Easter Weekend!

I love those kind of days, I do the same thing but grab one of my brothers hoodies :) He often yells at me for not returning them–oops!

I am having a lazy night as well :) I am still getting used to it only being Friday, I keep thinking its Saturday because of the holiday in Canada here today!
    Kimberley recently posted..Beauty Round-Up

I haven’t gotten Tina’s book yet! We don’t have a Starbucks in our town so I missed out on FREE!! I never thought I would live in a town with no Starbucks! I enjoyed very limited time outside as well on this Earth Day, but I will make up for it tomorrow. I did however not blow dry my hair too!
    Chelsea recently posted..Delicious Eats and Juicy Deets

Not gonna lie I really thought about going to starbucks to pick up some coffee but I just didn’t feel like having any :( Love your going green apparel. I would not look as good with no make up, no hair drying, and the bf’s sweatshirt ;) Way to make going green look good

I second the natural and effortlessly beautiful thang :-) You look adorable sans makeup, in hubbies clothes. I didn’t know about the Iced Coffee thing. The hotel brews Starbucks but they don’t have an actually Starbucks. I just finished my iced coffee from the gift shop actually. Wonder if I had told them it was free Iced Coffee day yesterday I could have gotten it for free? Hmmm. Earth Day. Well, we took a bus to the wedding…which saved on fuel? Because we could have taken a bunch of cars right? I tried!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Living in a Texan Paradise

Trackbacks