Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl Frosting

by Courtney on April 25, 2011

Alright, so I promised ya’ll a couple recipes this weekend, didn’t I?

Well let’s start with what quite possibly is a new favorite frosting of mine…

Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl Frosting.

Trust me. It tastes just as amazing as it sounds. I wouldn’t lie to you. Smile

I used it in conjunction with my usual Chocolate PB Cup cupcakes, but actually baked the cupcakes from scratch. Woah nelly!

Let’s just say there’s no turnin’ back now. Hubby even says it may be his favorite cupcake of mine to date.

*I used a large star tip for the cupcakes shown here.

I was a little nervous on how the decorating part would turn out, seeing as though I’d never tried swirling two frostings together. However, it was fairly easy once the frosting was actually in the bag.

And either way, it was totally worth the extra effort when I saw how cute they turned out.

Then again, maybe I’m just a little biased… Winking smile

1 Tina @cupcakeconfess.blogspot.com April 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Wow, those look Delish : )

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet April 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I need those cupcakes in my life… Definitely going to try the swirl frosting sometime. You say it’s easy, right…? ;)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Attempting Organic

3 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Haha…well it’s not really difficult, I’ll say that much ;)

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm

That “swirl” effect cannot be easy! Those look amazing, Courtney! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Easter Recap

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm

These look amazing! Definitely next on my list for cupcakes!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Starting Off Healthy

6 Charlie April 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm

This frosting sounds so good. It looks like vanilla/chocolate soft ice cream :P.
Charlie recently posted..Tofu &amp Broccoli Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce

7 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) April 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Those look phenomenal! Open up a little bakery already! ;)

8 Leslie April 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Oh my good gracious, these look AMAZING!! Good work! I will have to try this immediately! I can’t stop using exclamation points, THAT is how friggin’ fantastic these look, goodness!

9 Faith @ lovelyascharged April 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I feel like I would totally smoosh up the frosting on accident though!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..I Survived!

10 Jen April 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm

i think you should bring those on saturday. just sayin.
Jen recently posted..Vegan Spring Wine Dinner

11 Parita @ myinnershakti April 25, 2011 at 4:00 pm

My mouth is literally watering! YUM-O!!! Cream cheese, PB, and chocolate all in one!? I call that perfection!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Relaxation Nation

12 chloe @ 321delish April 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm

so impressed! you should enter cupcake wars!

13 Chelsa April 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Oh My Goodness! If my boyfriend saw those he would insist I make them for his birthday. They look AMAZING!
Chelsa recently posted..I Cheated On Sephora

14 Emily @ Relishments April 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I am so impressed! Those cupcakes looks amazing. Maybe I should look into buying a piping bag for myself. Have you ever written a piping tutorial? I’d love to see one from you.

And if you decide to open that bakery, I’d totally co-own with you :)
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Happy Easter!

15 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Thanks, Emily! I actually haven’t done one, but I’ve been thinking about it. Possibly soon! :)

16 Chelsea April 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Yummy Yummy needs to be in my tummy!!
Chelsea recently posted..Another day on the trainer

17 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl April 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Seriously, when are you going to open a bakery?!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Go Ahead- Hit That Snooze Button- More Reasons to Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down

18 Melissa April 25, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Brag on, doll! These look amazing! I think the universe is trying to tell you something! Just sayin’! :D
Melissa recently posted..Weekend Recap

19 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Hahaha, thanks Melissa!

20 Kelly April 25, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Food trailors are really big in Austin these days and there is one called Hey Cupcake and seriously girl you and Jay need to move to Austin open a cupcake trailor and make millions and give Hey Cupcake a run for it’s money!
Kelly recently posted..love and kisses

21 Courtney April 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

OMG Kelly, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! Now I just need to find myself a financial backer… ;)

22 Lauren (Healthy Delicious) April 25, 2011 at 6:31 pm

These look AMAZING! Very nice job with the frosting. :)
Lauren (Healthy Delicious) recently posted..Lightened-Up Swedish Meatballs

23 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life April 25, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Thanks for the recipe! Must try these ASAP!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Exerstudying to survive Law School

24 Ally (oatsandspice) April 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Better than any baker could even do…. :)
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Twice-Baked Butternut Squash

25 Lauren April 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Love it! Chocolate + Peanut Butter is amazing!
Lauren recently posted..Happy Easter Herb Roasted Garbanzo Beans with Gorgonzola

26 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Wow Courtney this frosting looks incredible! I love the cream cheese + pb combination :D

27 Liz @ iheartvegetables April 25, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Ah-Maze-Ing. This looks like the delicious fro-yo I ate tonight ;)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Family Fun My First Omelet

28 Khushboo April 26, 2011 at 12:27 am

I am so trying that….when i get the couage! Forget the cake part, just hand me spoon and that is dessert covered :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

29 Kristi April 26, 2011 at 3:33 am

That looks so easy, maybe I’ll even try it :)

30 Kristen April 26, 2011 at 12:50 pm

they look very delicious, just printed the recipe!

31 Tracie May 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Can’t wait to try these for my nieces bridal shower – - but, I am going to put it on a banana cupcake – both are her favorite. Will let you know how it turns outs :)