Oatmeal Raisin Banana Muffins

by Courtney on May 3, 2011

Tonight, Jay and I are off to a Double Date Night. Wahoo! We’re going to see a movie with our friends Joe & Kate, so since I’m not really sure what we’ll be having for dinner before we go, I thought I’d share today’s recipe creation with ya.

You don’t mind, right?

********

I had a few super-ripe bananas that needed to be used up today, so I went in search of a fun, new recipe to try. I almost ended up making these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, but decided to wait until next time, after deciding on these.

These Oatmeal Raisin Banana Muffins completely blew me away. Think about combining the texture of a soft banana muffin, with the taste of a sweet and chewy oatmeal raisin cookie. Yes, that’s what you get with these little gems.

The flavor of the muffin alone is great, but once you add in the sweet oatmeal strudel topping…

Well, let’s just say that all attempts to stop at one flew right out the window. But hey, it’s ok. They’re healthified.

When I tell you that you should make these ASAP, I’m really not kidding. Just take my word for it.

Preferably, I enjoyed my muffins warm…

…with a little dab of melted butter.

But I can only imagine what they’d taste like with a little peanut butter. Oh gosh.

I have a feeling these aren’t going to be around too long…

Question for the Evening:

What’s your favorite way to enjoy bananas in a baked good? Muffin, bread, or cookie?

1 Shanna, Like Banana May 3, 2011 at 6:56 pm

You clearly have insight into my post tomorrow — banana muffins are on deck!

These look great, particularly the oat topping!

2 fsugirl! May 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm

MMM!

3 Cara May 3, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Those look great! I love banana muffins!

4 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Mmmm I love banana in bread form, but these look amazing! So moist and cinnamony. And check out those raisins on the bottom!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..On Modern Love

5 Kristi May 3, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I think banana bread is my favorite banana baked good.
Kristi recently posted..Lemon Overdose

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Yum! I’m not the biggest fan of raisins in baked goods (it’s a texture thing), but I’m thinking dark chocolate chips might be a good substitution! ;)

7 Danica May 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm

YUM! I cannot wait to make these!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

8 Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 3, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Those muffins look great!!! Hope you had fun on your double date :) those are the best!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Patio Dinners and Pole Adventures

9 Nancy May 3, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Have fun on your date night! What movie are you seeing? :)

10 Grace May 3, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Bread or muffins for sure! I have some frozen very ripe bananas in my freezer that need to be used up!
Grace recently posted..My Summer Essentials- First Ever Giveaway!

11 Lauren May 3, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Those muffins look delicious!
Lauren recently posted..Eat Your Margarita – Margarita Cupcakes!

12 Erica May 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

mmmmmmmmmm….that looks so good!
my favorite is my mom’s chocolate chip banana bread! SO good, and now i’m craving it :)

are you guys seeing the new fast & furious movie? can’t wait to hear what you thought!

13 Chad May 3, 2011 at 10:09 pm

These muffins look outstanding – i dig the topping most of all :)
Chad recently posted..It All Tasted A Little Better- Today…

14 Cynthia (It All Changes) May 3, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Banana bread reminds me of baking with my great-grandmother and her recipe that used a tea cup and pinches and dashes for measurements.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..The Other Organics

15 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 3, 2011 at 10:23 pm

These look delicious! I love nanners in a muffin, so moist and chewy yumm Have a fun date night! :D

16 Khushboo May 3, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Mm looks good as always! Any baked good with bananas is a winner in my book! I’m loving the banana bread which I recently made- super moist and flavorful (recipe on my blog if you’re interested)
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

17 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun May 4, 2011 at 8:06 am

Yay yay yay. I want these now. I may have to bake them this weekend!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Eating Naturally

18 Melissa May 4, 2011 at 8:25 am

Well, your banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite recipes, but my ultimate banana indulgence is Banana Split Bread–banana bread with chocolate chips, walnuts, and a sugary topping! These muffins look absolutely fab! I will be making them soon! Thanks for the recipe! :)

19 Holly May 4, 2011 at 9:30 am

Can’t wait to make these! I love that the mixture batter does not have any oil or butter in it- perfect! :)
Holly recently posted..Not So Top Ten

20 Katie September 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

These are baking in my oven right now…I have a playdate with my nephew later (who LOVES bananas) and I’m hoping I can win favorite Aunt of the Year award (even though I am his only aunt ;-) )
Katie recently posted..5 Things To Know Before Your First Tri

21 Courtney September 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Oooo YAY! Hope they go over well, “Aunt Katie!” ;)

22 Jordan October 7, 2011 at 1:47 am

Just made these on a whim cuz I had extra bananas and they are osoooooo yummy :) thank you for the recipe!!!