Confession…

by Courtney on May 12, 2011

Confession: Sometimes, I’m not the brightest bulb in the box.

I know. It’s surprising, isn’t it?

For example, when I spend an entire morning painting in the glaring sunshine…sans sunscreen.

(That picture there is two days after the fact…you should have seen it on Tuesday.)

Or like when I went to Jay’s softball game last night without eating dinner before I left. Yeah, that was a real smart move on my part…

I swear, as soon as I walked through the door, at 9:15pm, I became a human food vacuum.

Starting with one of these,

followed by a couple handfuls of these,

leading to one of these (mwaaahahaha, recipe to come),

which then led to a toasted one of these,

followed, finally, by one of these…loaded with White Chocolate Wonderful PB, of course.

Lesson learned? Courtney, you WILL be hungry for dinner before leaving to watch a softball game. Don’t be a tool.

Believe it or not, I actually went to bed still feeling like I could have eaten more, but I knew it really would not have done me any good at that point, so I brushed my teeth, shut down the kitchen, and went to bed. Oy vey.

************

This morning, I hit up my favorite BodyPump class, followed by a brief 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill (4.0mph @ 8.0 incline). I almost battled it out with my nemesis, but decided I had had enough for today. Next time.

I came home and quickly prepared a glass of iced coffee with skim milk,

and a cereal combo bowl.

Kashi Go Lean Crisp + Kashi Heart to Heart + vanilla almond milk + banana slices.

Delish as always.

I’ve got a lot on my plate today, so it’s time to get crack-a-lackin…but before I go, I just had to share this video with you all.

Jay introduced me to it a few days ago, and this morning they even featured it on Good Morning America. It cracks me up every.single.time. Enjoy!

Question for the Morning:

Alright, I confessed…what’s YOUR confession for today?? Winking smile

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 12, 2011 at 8:31 am

I always hoover half my kitchen when I come home hungry late at night, haha. And then I sleep horribly because my body is still digesting it all!

Confession: I’m wearing my pajamas from last night, which include a t-shirt I’ve had since I was three. Yes, three. It’s the same one I’m wearing in my FB profile picture right now, haha.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..AOC

2 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

THREE?!?!?! That’s amazing!!

3 Whitney May 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Question-do you feel guilty when you indulge like you have above because you write a “healthy living blog”? I would think that has to play mind games with you. Was this considered your dinner?

4 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

Hey Whitney! No, I don’t really feel guilty about it. Yes, I write a healthy living blog, but I’m not perfect, and I want people to see and understand that it’s ok to not be perfect. We all slip up every now and then, but it doesn’t have to derail all of your healthy habits!
Yes, this was considered my “dinner”…if you could even call it that. So let’s just say I’ll be looking forward to a REAL dinner tonight! :)

5 Farrah May 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

I’ve got to tell ya, that isn’t too bad for “indulging” if you ask me. According to my quick calculation, there is only slightly above 500-600 calories there. Most people eat much more than that during dinner without even batting an eyelash. Yes it is void of any veggies or fruit, but each of those items has nutritional value (PB, Vita-Top, Cliff bar, etc..) I honestly don’t think it is all that bad! lol.
Farrah recently posted..Mix It Up Pasta Salad

6 Whitney May 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

It seemed like an indulgence to me since she titled the post with “Confession” which inferred a negative connotation (in my opinion). I was simply wondering if she felt more pressure to eat healthy, etc since she writes a blog, that’s all! :)

7 Farrah May 12, 2011 at 11:09 am

ha ha..this wasn’t directed at you at all :) I was just saying that I didn’t think it was too bad, all things considered.
Farrah recently posted..Mix It Up Pasta Salad

8 Danica May 12, 2011 at 8:49 am

I can’t wait to see the recipe for those chocolate goodies above-they look so delicious!
my confession: (similar…) I went for a run/walk outside a couple of days ago and also didn’t put sunscreen on-I was just so excited to be out in the beautiful weather I didn’t even think about it. The worst part is I think I do this at the start of every summer :/ oops! I didn’t get burned badly but I learned my lesson!

9 Kelly May 12, 2011 at 8:53 am

I can not let myself get to that ravenous state or else I am like a human vacuum and nothing will satisfy me!
Kelly recently posted..i related

10 briana May 12, 2011 at 8:58 am

How about I probably eat enough to feed 8 women and I always think if I have salad then it’s ok to have three margaritas and maybe dessert :)

11 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 12, 2011 at 8:59 am

Yea, I always get the urge to munch like crazy when I don’t eat until I’m starving.

Confession: I don’t always wash apples before I eat them! I know it’s not the safest thing to do, but it hasn’t hurt me yet.
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Comfort Food

12 Meaghan May 12, 2011 at 9:04 am

I ordered Chinese food last night at 9:15 if that makes you feel any better! I was so hungry and was out so I ordered Double Dragon… It was very good, and I limited the amount that I ate so I didn’t feel too guilty!

13 Morgan May 12, 2011 at 9:04 am

Confession: I am lazy when it comes to washing my produce. (Eeeek)

And also, if I have a day off from work, I wear pajamas or workout clothes….all day. I dread having to go somewhere during the day for fear of having to change out of my comfy clothes.

I should have renamed my blog ‘operationlazymama’ haha

14 Parita @ myinnershakti May 12, 2011 at 9:09 am

I’m the same way sometimes, Courtney! I go along thinking I’ll be ok..I’ll just eat something when I get home, and then before you know it, I’m eating a bunch of random stuff. We’re human…it happens!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Let the Training Begin

15 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 12, 2011 at 9:15 am

So not fair to post a picture of those chocolatey treats without the recipe! ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Kitchen Sink Veggie Burgers

16 Chelsa May 12, 2011 at 9:42 am

Oh gosh I’ve had those days when I miss a meal and then come home ravenous and eat a bunch of random junk. I need to eat like every two hours or I turn into a monster.
Chelsa recently posted..Fashion Fitness and Food

17 christina May 12, 2011 at 9:43 am

ouch, you poor thing! you eat clif kids bars as much as i do! i hope you got them when they were on sale at target last week :)
christina recently posted..‘Twas a Happy Tuesday!

18 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm

They were?!?!?! Awww man!
I actually buy mine in bulk at Sam’s Club…which reminds me…I need to go there today. ;)

19 Melissa May 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

A snacking rampage from time to time is ok. It happens to the best of us! :)

My confession? I am mildly obsessed with shaving my arms. Now that you think I’m a total weirdo, let me just explain that otherwise I would have super long, icky arm hair that makes me feel all gorilla-y! Please don’t judge.

20 Farrah May 12, 2011 at 10:00 am

Watch out, I’m about to ask the stupidest question of all time. When you make ice coffee at home do you just brew your favorite regular coffee and then put it on ice or do you do anything different to it? I’ve made it at home before and it never tastes quite as good as it does when I go and buy it somewhere. I do tend to make a weak cup of coffee, though. :/
Farrah recently posted..Mix It Up Pasta Salad

21 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Haha, not a stupid question at all! 95% of the time, I just brew a bag batch like normal and put it in the fridge. It will last Jay and I about 2-3 days. Sometimes, if I want iced coffee immediately, I double the amount of coffee to make a stronger brew, then pour it over a glass-full of ice.

22 Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition May 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

Everybody talks about this BodyPump class, I am so jealous I don’t belong to a gym right now to try it out! I am such a class-workout type of person so I’m sure I’d love it :( Confession – yesterday I worked out for the first time in over a month; ew, I can’t believe I just told you that….
Jessica @ Dishin’ About Nutrition recently posted..Quinoa Pasta Bowl with Spinach and Roasted Tomatoes

23 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Way to go!! :-D

24 Stephanie @cookinfanatic May 12, 2011 at 10:45 am

Bahahahah I love that dog video!! Totally just made my morning, too freaking cute :)
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Tons O’ Flavor!

25 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

mmmm pretzel crisps. Yum. If it makes you feel better, those things wouldn’t make it a day in my apt, especially the cinnamon flavor. YUMMY! My confession? I am having a bad day at work and I wish I could be a blogger full time :-(
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Word Up Wednesday- Runpowerment and Call to NYC Bloggers

26 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Awwww, I hope your day gets better Jamie! :-D

27 Khushboo May 12, 2011 at 11:32 am

We all have days like this! When the munchies hit me, they go as far as posessing me…I’m like a girl gone wild ha ha! Confession: I rarely wash my produce….what can I say I’m a rebel with a stomach made of steel :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Rock-bottom motivation

28 Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit May 12, 2011 at 11:54 am

this happened to me yesterday when i waited too long to eat dinner! it’s the worst, cause you’re SO hungry and it’s like you can’t eat fast enough to get rid of that awful feeling. like you mentioned in the comments, it’s just more incentive to have a nice balanced dinner tonight!
Elena @ GagaForGrapefruit recently posted..in an instant

29 Alyssa Kuminski May 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I confess that I woke up at 530 today and still didnt make it for my workout because I got sucked in to reading blogs instead!!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Eating- Wearing- Doing

30 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hahahaha…I can confess to this in the past, too. ;)

31 Jenny May 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I have nights like this all the time where I seriously feel like I could take down almost any type of food that someone were to place in front of me. going from salty to sweet back to salty. until i finally hop into bed and say no more. I typically feel pretty guilty afterwards and am still feeling the effects in the am unfortunately. As for today, I came into work an hour late and I’m leaving an hour early, just hope my boss doesn’t catch me!

32 Megan (Braise The Roof) May 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Those little cupcakes look SO good. Want to come to Chicago and make me some?? :)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..What a Tease

33 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hahaha, sure! ;)

34 Samantha May 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

OMG! I seriously just posted that video on my blog about .5 seconds ago. It is hysterical!!!!!!!!
Samantha recently posted..WIAW 2

35 Erica May 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm

confession: i’m 2 weeks away from turning 31, and i’m super stoked to watch the season finale of the vampire diaries tonight. yes, i love teenage vamps. ;p

36 Emily May 12, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Oh man, that was totally me the other night too! I did a bunch of errands after work and didn’t get home until around 9 and was famished. My healthy dinner plan was just NOT going to happen and I basically inhaled everything. Finally I was able to stop and had a big thing of soup and a piece of Ezekial bread with some almond butter… which I confess is a meal that generally happens once a week! Oops!

37 Courtney May 12, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Hahaha…nah, no pressure! I was just confessing that I can sometimes be a little spacey. ;)