Off To A Good Start

by Courtney on May 20, 2011

Nothin’ quite like downing a Starbucks coffee before 6am…especially when you’ve been up since 3:45am!

Luckily, I have my good friend, Scott, to thank for hooking me up with this coffee this morning at the airport. Scott actually works for Southwest and was already at the airport for his shift when I got there. Thanks again, Scott! Smile

Luckily, today’s travels were much better than the last time I traveled for a blogging conference, so I’m already ahead of the game. I snacked on a bunch of trail mix this morning, but waited to eat a real breakfast until I got to the conference. I was a little bummed to see that there wasn’t much variety, but I dug in head to the Uncle Sam cereal and fresh berries.

Right away, I met up with some amazing fellow bloggers, including these pretty ladies: Sana, Jennifer, Jaclyn, & Gabriela.

After a few hours of mingling and chatting, my room was eventually ready so I headed up to check in. Pretty nice, right?

Totally loving the complementary Bath & Body Works aromatherapy goods. Winking smile

Shortly after checking in, it was eventually lunch. Thank goodness, because I starrrrrving. Of course, everyone had to get in on the camera action.

The spread consisted mostly of panini sandwiches, grilled veggies, and some salads.

I got down with some paninis and grilled veggies!

The grilled veggies were fantastic and full of flavor.

Two out of the three mini paninis that I grabbed were also pretty amazing (one was filled with mushrooms…did not realize that one).

I also ended up trying a cup of mushroom and green onion soup, which was quite tasty, considering the fact that I’m not usually down with the ‘shrooms. Winking smile

For dessert we were served this little cup of mixed fruit…

I’m sorry, but that just is not dessert in my book…so a group of us walked down the road to Whole Foods for a proper dessert of cupcakes.

Gabriela, Sana, Jac, & I each got a cupcake to split four ways…

Vanilla with raspberry filling, vanilla with no filling, vanilla with caramel filling, and chocolate with chocolate.

IMG_3378IMG_3379IMG_3381IMG_3384

Now that’s what I call dessert. Winking smile

They were good, but…I think I like mine better. Oops.

After grabbing the dessert, we headed back over to the hotel to check out some of the expo that was happening.

I picked up some pretty awesome swag…

…and also made sure to have some fun, too.

Still lots more goin’ on today…catch ya’ll later!

1 Chad @ thebreakupnote May 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I’m totally in for the next one for sure!
Chad @ thebreakupnote recently posted..Easy Chickpea and Rye Berry Salad

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

So jealous reading these posts that I definitely have to go next year!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Triple Chocolate Meringue Anniversary Cookies

3 Emily May 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm

looks like you’re already having a ton of fun at fitbloggin! I can’t wait to read more posts… those cupcakes look AMAZING :)
Emily recently posted..the week in review and some fashion friday

4 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! You are such a trooper with that early wake up call, girl! :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Push ‘til You Can’t- Rest ‘til You Can

5 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews May 20, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Looks like a great time so far! Have fun.
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Earn Cash Back with Shop at Home and Ebates

6 RhodeyGirl May 20, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Wish I was there! Have a blast!
RhodeyGirl recently posted..d’andrea clutch giveaway!

7 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm

That’s so funny seeing all the bloggers in one place all taking photos of the food! Totally cracked me up :)
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

8 Lauren May 20, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to a blogger conference. Sounds like you’re already having fun! I agree, fruit is part of dessert but by itself it’s not dessert!
Lauren recently posted..An Unusual Combo

9 Olivia May 20, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I love that so many bloggers blogged about the conference within the same like, hour! hahaha and the paninis and roasted veggies seriously look BOMB! so jeal! your whole foods trip looks like too much fun; i love their cupcakes!
Olivia recently posted..Some Wonderful Eats- and the “Crack Wrap!”

10 Jess May 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Wow, looks like you’re having a FANTASTIC time–so jealous :D
Jess recently posted..Update Progress Pictures!!

11 Katherine May 20, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Gah, I wish I was there!
Katherine recently posted..Whaaattt!!

12 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 20, 2011 at 11:23 pm

what a great weekend you’re having and the fun is just beginning!

can’t wait to hear all about it tomorrow.

it looks fantastic!

13 Khushboo May 21, 2011 at 1:28 am

This looks like such a fun conference- would love to attend something similar like this in future! That pic of the bloggie action with y’alls cameras is hilarious- love it!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

14 meg @ pinkgiggles May 21, 2011 at 10:57 pm

The picture of everyone taking a picture of their food is too funny!

15 Greta May 22, 2011 at 11:34 am

So funny – I had to have something sweet when I got home! Ice cream!! Loved that soup too. Thanks for the post! Love the pics. I’ve learned from the wrap up posts I’ve read so far that I need to take more photos at these things! How did I miss the cupcakes?
Greta recently posted..FitBloggin Wrap Up Part 1—What I Learned

16 Courtney May 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Haha, we walked to Whole Foods…we needed our fix! ;)

17 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate May 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm

It was nice meeting you!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Fitbloggin’ Swag

18 Wifey June 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I had a ball at Fitbloggin – and reading all the recaps.

OK, those cupcakes … yeah, I want one!

Winks & Smiles,