How Do You Take Your Salad?

This morning, I BodyPumped it up bright and early, just like I usually do on a Tuesday morning.

However, today, I had company!

Jen asked me yesterday if I wanted to join her and Melissa for the evening BodyPump session, but because I love my early morning session so much, I used my super-stellar convincing skills to get them to join me at the butt crack of dawn.

I hope they come back…it was nice to have someone to chat with this morning!

Once I got home, I showered up, grabbed a mug-o-joe,

and made breakfast. A toasted multi grain Thomas’ English Muffin, topped with TJ’s almond butter with flax, chia seeds, cinnamon, banana slices, and a drizzle of honey.

More banana + almond butter was also consumed and enjoyed probably a whole lot more than a normal person.

After breakfast, I had some serious baking to do. I whipped up a batch of these…

Raspberry Devil’s Food w/ Raspberry Almond Buttercream

followed by a batch of these…

Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies

and last, but certainly not least, a batch of these…

Crackled Sugar Cookies

Thankfully, these are not for me, and they are not in my house. But can I tell you just how badly I wanted to grab a spoon and go to town on the cookie dough?? Winking smile

*******

After spending all morning looking at and smelling sugary sweets, I was more than ready to dig in to a real lunch.

I whipped up a quick spinach & fruit salad, complete with strawberries, diced pear, mango, scallions, goat cheese, and a little balsamic vinaigrette.

The flavors in this salad were screaming summer to me…as much as I love a veggie-filled salad beast, I’ll never turn down a fruit-filled version. They’re such a nice, refreshing change from the norm!

I also heated up a Crab Cake with Avocado-Mango Salsa leftover from last night. I’m happy to report they were just as good the second time around. Seriously loving these things!

For a little dessert, I dug into my stash of Almond Oat Goji Berry Cookies.

Speaking of which…

Have you entered my Goji Gourmet Giveaway yet?? Make sure to get your entries in! These little guys are surely something you don’t want to miss out on.

Question for the Afternoon:

Would you prefer a salad full of veggies, or a salad full of fruits (or both!)?

Comments

wow I wish you were sending those baked goodies my way! :) usually I prefer my salads full of veggies…but I’m beginning to like a mix of fruits and veggies more and more. strawberries are awesome in salads!
    Jordan recently posted..The Little Things

That is a great question – one I ponder way too often. haha. I actually prefer fruits usually! There is a salad bar by me that only includes: lettuce, fattening mixed salads, fresh fruit and a couple of veggies. I ALWAYS go for the fruits because I actually don’t really enjoy salad bar pasta salads. I’d rather get my fat from burgers and fries. So since there aren’t many veggies, I pile on pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, papaya AND my random fave: grapes. Then I douse it in tangy balsamic vinegar and top with cottage cheese. Yummy!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..A Cupcake Photo Shoot in the Empire State

i’m not one to mix my fruits and veggies…i don’t know why, but i am in love with my aunty’s strawberry spinach salad! that may just be my gateway salad to mixing a whole bunch!!!

dear Courtney. I love you. I miss you. let’s chat soon. (ps. i am hoping to be eating a cookie SOON…it’s possible, right?)
    Heather recently posted..Home

• Courtney says

I miss you to pieces dear Heather…let’s chat VERY soon!
      And yes, it’s definitely possible ;)

I love fruits on my salad. There is just something about sweet, juicy fruit mixed with spinach, and they work so well wtih balsamic vinegar. Just found your site a few days ago – really loving it!

6. Brittany says

You make the most beautiful food I have ever seen. Next time I see you at the grocery store – I’m following you around!! :)

7. Steph says

I’m def a fruit in my salad kinda girl. My fave combo lately is a basic green salad with stawberries, an orance, crumpled pita chips, and a few tablespoons of peach mango salsa. Amazing!

I keep seeing chia seeds on toast with nut butter and tempted to try it but haven’t yet! I love chia seeds but for some reason can’t get used to the idea of eating them like this – I put them in baking, oatmeal and smoothies usually.
    I would go with a veggie salad! I like my fruit separated for some reason!

Whoever these are going to is a very lucky person indeed!

Can I choose both? I love mixing apple/strawberries/citrus fruits with veggies, adding some cheese, and then topping with EVOO/balsamic: YUMMY!
    Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun