Any Day With This Is A Good Day

by Courtney on June 4, 2011

Today has been a busy and productive Saturday! Whoop!

Our afternoon started off with some errands, so to make them more bearable, we stopped for a couple Caramel Light Frappuccino’s from Starbucks.

This is actually the second one I’ve had this week…the first one was consumed a few days ago when I was sweating my rear end off in the house and needed to go out to Target.

It just didn’t make the bloggy ‘til now. Winking smile

Once we got back home, I went to town on my kitchen…cleaning it, that is. With all the baking I’ve been doing lately, I think my cabinets were all started to get perma-covered in flour and confectioners’ sugar. It definitely needed a good scrubbin’!

About halfway through, I took a little snack break and popped up a 100-calorie bag of kettle corn.

Seriously, why is kettle corn SO good? I could have easily eaten all four bags in the box with no problem. I sprinkled mine with a little sea salt and cinnamon…deeeeelish.

Once the kitchen was finished, I went to take care of a few other things around the house. Upon my return, I was greeted with this little problem…

I swear, he was totally lurking, waiting for me to finish the entire time, just so he could make his mark.

Either that, or he was just trying to make sure that everything was a-ok with Dad outside while he was burning some dead tree branches.

Whatever his reason, we had a family chat…no counters for kitties.

One of the other things that Jay finally took care of today…

We finally have a kitchen table!!!! Open-mouthed smile

We actually acquired this table from my grandma, who just recently moved and no longer needed it. It doesn’t totally match and isn’t exactly what we’re looking for, but since we still can’t seem to find exactly what we’re looking for, and it was free, then I’m all for it.

Finally…a place to eat dinner that’s not at the coffee table! Winking smile

So of course, when it came time for dinner, we got nice and cozy with our take-out sushi at the table. We made a last minute decision to order sushi from Yoshi Sushi in Latham. I liked it so much the last time I went, and have been dying to get more ever since.

The rolls that we ordered came with salad, which was simple…very simple…and miso soup, which I didn’t have much of.

I needed to save room for the rolls!

I ordered a California Roll,

a Yellowtail Roll, and then Jay and I both shared a Sweet Potato Tempura Roll and a Boston Roll.

Everything was seriously awesome, and I easily ate every last piece. I love how sushi takes longer to eat, is a good amount of food, yet is light enough to not leave you feeling all weighed down when you’re done.

Which is probably a good thing, since Jay and I are planning on spending the rest of the evening on the couch, with a Redbox movie, and a little dish of this

Yup. Definitely a great Saturday. Maybe not as great as last Saturday…but I’m still not complaining. Any day with ice cream is a good day. Smile

Question for the Evening:

Fill in the blank: Any day with _____________ is a good day.

1 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Any day with peanut butter is a good day! Although having kettlecorn everyday is pretty awesome too. I need to try adding cinnamon and sea salt to mine next time. Nice tip!

And wow you had so many awesome things going on today :) I love sweet potato rolls, but hate when sushi places think bagged lettuces are an acceptable form of salad.

Congrats on finally getting a kitchen table!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..An Inverted Pizza

2 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals June 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Any day with a NAP is a good day :) heheh This is coming from a mother of 2 small monster… I mean children :) heheh
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love- Shaun the Sheep

3 Danica June 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Any day with dessert is a good day!

4 Mac June 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm

…with my boyfriend is a good day. Having worked a long distance relationship with him the past year makes me really appreciate and enjoy having him around when he is! Can’t wait to move back closer to him!
Mac recently posted..Three Cheers for a Long Weekend!

5 Cynthia (It All Changes) June 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Any day with a good book is a good day.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Becoming Lynn

6 Lindsey June 4, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Starbucks and sunshine!

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 4, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Any day with sunshine is a good day!
Your sushi looks awesome, I love tempura rolls.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Ireland Day 6 &amp 7- Killarney

8 Sarah June 4, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Any day with friends and wine is a good day.
Love your kitchen! So much room to cook. I’m in a postage stamp sized apartment in New York… major kitchen envy.

9 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Thanks! We renovated it this past winter…not sure if you’ve seen the before and afters, but we were definitely working in a tough space!

10 erica June 4, 2011 at 9:24 pm

COFFEE!!!!

or a day without coffee is definitely a BAD day!!!

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm

You had quite the delicious day! :) I love sushi too. I haven’t had it for months! That needs to change!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

12 Anita June 4, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Starbucks! I might just have to give that Caramel Light Frappuccino a try… it looks delicious!
Anita recently posted..Small Town Celebration

13 Farrah June 4, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Coffee!!!!!!!!! Actually, that would be more like…Any day WITHOUT coffee is a disaster!

I have to make a confession. I despise kettle corn. Like, I *really* hate it. Even the smell of it grosses me out. I don’t even know why.
Farrah recently posted..Roasted Vegetable Quinoa

14 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Noooooooooooooooooo!!! Say it isn’t so?!?!?! ;)

15 Charlie June 4, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I LOVE cinnamon, but never thought of adding some to popcorn! Now I need to!
Your sushi looks so good, especially the sweet potato tempura one! YUM

Any day with maple syrup is a good day ;).
Charlie recently posted..Blueberry Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

16 Carissa June 4, 2011 at 10:43 pm

To me anyway with husband and couch time is a great day!
Carissa recently posted..Staying fit on vacation

17 Sarah June 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I’m the same way with iced coffee! Any day with an iced coffee from either Einstein’s or Dunkin Donuts is a good day to me. After seeing your light frappachino, I’m intrigued to try one!

18 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Einstein’s?!? I had the pleasure of eating there once while visiting Indianapolis and I loved it!! I so wish there was one close to me :(

19 Khushboo June 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Any day that starts off with pancakes is a good day!

20 Anne June 4, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Hmmm….kittens…runs…my boyfriend…a good rainstorm…I could fill in the blank so many ways!!

21 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 5, 2011 at 12:34 am

Super cute placemats! And oh wow.. I kinda am reallly craving sushi right now!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..WIAW &amp The Move In

22 Nicole @sugarcoatedsisters June 5, 2011 at 2:10 am

Any day with butterscotch bread pudding is a good day!!! So so so good!

23 Courtney June 5, 2011 at 7:52 am

That sounds amazing!!!

24 ellalinea June 5, 2011 at 6:29 am

Any day with coconut butter-choc chips is a good day!

I recently tried to recreate Artisana cacao bliss.. Oh dear it was soooo good, my new addiction!
ellalinea recently posted..Everyday eats

25 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 5, 2011 at 7:21 am

Words of wisdom: If you ever see yourself having kids, don’t buy a glass one! When we did our furniture shopping we bought things that were more our style and we now HATE for their lack of functionality. We so wish we would have gotten an updated, classy looking wood kitchen table over the contemporary looking glass/metal one. It always looks super dirty. I have to clean that thing after every meal and I hate it.

Or maybe not words of wisdom and just me doing some venting over my hated table. LOL
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Overcoming Binging

26 Courtney June 5, 2011 at 7:52 am

LOL, awww Tina! Thanks for the words of wisdom…I will certainly keep them in mind ;)

27 Kristi June 5, 2011 at 7:38 am

Any day with wine is a good day :)

28 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 5, 2011 at 7:48 am

Any day with dancing the night away at a cousin’s wedding is a good day! And yesterday was one of those days! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Pre-Wedding Festivities

29 Courtney June 5, 2011 at 7:51 am

Awww how fun! I love weddings :-D

30 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 5, 2011 at 8:27 am

Nothing like a Starbucks on a hot day…so refreshing!

Cute table! It will be nice to have a place to eat! I just love your placemats too.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Simply Delicious Part I

31 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 5, 2011 at 8:29 am

Our cats lay on the counter sometimes too. Such bad kitties!! My mom lets them up there and then my dad freaks out, so I think they’re getting mixed messages…
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Sleepy Saturday

32 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds June 5, 2011 at 9:22 am

Your cat is hilarious, just chillin’ on the counter. Also, your kitchen is gorg, so jealous!
Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds recently posted..BBQ ing

33 Courtney June 5, 2011 at 11:01 am

Thank you!! We worked hard on it :)

34 Tanya @ Sunday Baker June 5, 2011 at 9:22 am

Any day with sunshine is a good day (we haven’t had much around here until this weekend)! Also any day with both my boys at home (one is 14 and the other is 1-1/2) is a good day. I don’t see my 14 y/o nearly enough lately :)

I’m not a fan of kettle corn for some reason, but love the 100 cal bags of smart pop butter. One of my favorite snacks! Your cat is a cutie!
Tanya @ Sunday Baker recently posted..Mudroom Makeover &amp Link Party!

35 Melissa June 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Ummmm . . . I have to know what is in that ice cream bowl. I would pretty much kill for a dish of that right now!

Any day with wine or dessert is a good day! :D
Melissa recently posted..The Best Thing I Ever Ate

36 Kristen June 5, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I just bought a new house, and when family and friends gave me furniture they no longer used or wanted, I was so happy! Even if it isnt the prettiest, I still have a place to sit! haha

ANy day with my son is a good day!

37 Petra Oconnor December 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Your cat is a cutie! Any day with a good book is a good day. I might just have to give that Caramel Light Frappuccino a try… it looks delicious! I’m in a postage stamp sized apartment in New York… major kitchen envy.
Petra Oconnor recently posted..Arthritis Tips