Any Day With This Is A Good Day

Today has been a busy and productive Saturday! Whoop!

Our afternoon started off with some errands, so to make them more bearable, we stopped for a couple Caramel Light Frappuccino’s from Starbucks.

This is actually the second one I’ve had this week…the first one was consumed a few days ago when I was sweating my rear end off in the house and needed to go out to Target.

It just didn’t make the bloggy ‘til now. Winking smile

Once we got back home, I went to town on my kitchen…cleaning it, that is. With all the baking I’ve been doing lately, I think my cabinets were all started to get perma-covered in flour and confectioners’ sugar. It definitely needed a good scrubbin’!

About halfway through, I took a little snack break and popped up a 100-calorie bag of kettle corn.

Seriously, why is kettle corn SO good? I could have easily eaten all four bags in the box with no problem. I sprinkled mine with a little sea salt and cinnamon…deeeeelish.

Once the kitchen was finished, I went to take care of a few other things around the house. Upon my return, I was greeted with this little problem…

I swear, he was totally lurking, waiting for me to finish the entire time, just so he could make his mark.

Either that, or he was just trying to make sure that everything was a-ok with Dad outside while he was burning some dead tree branches.

Whatever his reason, we had a family chat…no counters for kitties.

One of the other things that Jay finally took care of today…

We finally have a kitchen table!!!! Open-mouthed smile

We actually acquired this table from my grandma, who just recently moved and no longer needed it. It doesn’t totally match and isn’t exactly what we’re looking for, but since we still can’t seem to find exactly what we’re looking for, and it was free, then I’m all for it.

Finally…a place to eat dinner that’s not at the coffee table! Winking smile

So of course, when it came time for dinner, we got nice and cozy with our take-out sushi at the table. We made a last minute decision to order sushi from Yoshi Sushi in Latham. I liked it so much the last time I went, and have been dying to get more ever since.

The rolls that we ordered came with salad, which was simple…very simple…and miso soup, which I didn’t have much of.

I needed to save room for the rolls!

I ordered a California Roll,

a Yellowtail Roll, and then Jay and I both shared a Sweet Potato Tempura Roll and a Boston Roll.

Everything was seriously awesome, and I easily ate every last piece. I love how sushi takes longer to eat, is a good amount of food, yet is light enough to not leave you feeling all weighed down when you’re done.

Which is probably a good thing, since Jay and I are planning on spending the rest of the evening on the couch, with a Redbox movie, and a little dish of this

Yup. Definitely a great Saturday. Maybe not as great as last Saturday…but I’m still not complaining. Any day with ice cream is a good day. Smile

Question for the Evening:

Fill in the blank: Any day with _____________ is a good day.

Any day with peanut butter is a good day! Although having kettlecorn everyday is pretty awesome too. I need to try adding cinnamon and sea salt to mine next time. Nice tip!

And wow you had so many awesome things going on today :) I love sweet potato rolls, but hate when sushi places think bagged lettuces are an acceptable form of salad.

Congrats on finally getting a kitchen table!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..An Inverted Pizza

Any day with friends and wine is a good day.
    Love your kitchen! So much room to cook. I’m in a postage stamp sized apartment in New York… major kitchen envy.

• Courtney says

Thanks! We renovated it this past winter…not sure if you’ve seen the before and afters, but we were definitely working in a tough space!

Coffee!!!!!!!!! Actually, that would be more like…Any day WITHOUT coffee is a disaster!

I have to make a confession. I despise kettle corn. Like, I *really* hate it. Even the smell of it grosses me out. I don’t even know why.
    Farrah recently posted..Roasted Vegetable Quinoa

I’m the same way with iced coffee! Any day with an iced coffee from either Einstein’s or Dunkin Donuts is a good day to me. After seeing your light frappachino, I’m intrigued to try one!

• Courtney says

Einstein’s?!? I had the pleasure of eating there once while visiting Indianapolis and I loved it!! I so wish there was one close to me :(

Words of wisdom: If you ever see yourself having kids, don’t buy a glass one! When we did our furniture shopping we bought things that were more our style and we now HATE for their lack of functionality. We so wish we would have gotten an updated, classy looking wood kitchen table over the contemporary looking glass/metal one. It always looks super dirty. I have to clean that thing after every meal and I hate it.

Or maybe not words of wisdom and just me doing some venting over my hated table. LOL
    Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Overcoming Binging

Any day with sunshine is a good day (we haven’t had much around here until this weekend)! Also any day with both my boys at home (one is 14 and the other is 1-1/2) is a good day. I don’t see my 14 y/o nearly enough lately :)

I’m not a fan of kettle corn for some reason, but love the 100 cal bags of smart pop butter. One of my favorite snacks! Your cat is a cutie!
    Tanya @ Sunday Baker recently posted..Mudroom Makeover &amp Link Party!

I just bought a new house, and when family and friends gave me furniture they no longer used or wanted, I was so happy! Even if it isnt the prettiest, I still have a place to sit! haha

ANy day with my son is a good day!

8. Petra Oconnor says

Your cat is a cutie! Any day with a good book is a good day. I might just have to give that Caramel Light Frappuccino a try… it looks delicious! I’m in a postage stamp sized apartment in New York… major kitchen envy.
    Petra Oconnor recently posted..Arthritis Tips