I Told You

by Courtney on June 7, 2011

I told you all I was going to eat a salad the size of my head tonight, didn’t I?

Tonight I got to meet up with my college gals for dinner at Salad Creations. Part of the reason we went here was for location, part was for how good their salads were, and part was because it is in such close proximity to our second stop of the evening. But we’ll get to that in a minute…first, just take a look at this thing.

One of the reasons I love Salad Creations is because you can create your own salad with an unlimited amount of vegetables. You know me…I love a loaded salad!

I think I must have gone down the line and chosen almost one of everything, so I’ll try my best to remember what we’ve got in here…

• spring mix
  • artichoke hearts
  • beets
  • carrots
  • cucumbers
  • chickpeas
  • dried cranberries
  • goat cheese
  • green peas
  • hard-boiled egg
  • hearts of palm (<—new to me, but I love them! Very similar to artichokes…)
  • red onion
  • roasted red peppers
  • sliced almonds
  • tomatoes
  • balsamic vinaigrette, dressing on the side

Go big or go home, right?!? Winking smile

Had we not had dessert on the menu for tonight, I easily would have polished this whole thing off and been sporting a major food baby. However, we had important things on the agenda, so I ate about half and wrapped the rest. Lunch tomorrow, baby!

Now don’t get me wrong, my salad was incredible. But I was a little antsy to head to our next destination…

Out of the five of us, I’m the only one who had been to 16 Handles, and I think I was still probably more excited than all of them to be there.

I think I may have a problem. Do they have AA for fro yo addicts?

Ahh, scratch that…I’m not ready to admit it yet…the season is still young.

Doesn’t this look like I could have fed all five of us? I’m not denying the fact that I am an animal when it comes to fro yo. But I will say defend myself in saying that my dish got melty rather fast, making everything move around and look massive.

Oh geez…now I’m making excuses…

My massive dish was a mix of birthday cake and cookies & cream fro yo, topped with caramel, cookie dough, milk chocolate crunch (ohmagaw…) cake crumbs, a few Heath bars, and some sort of vanilla covered graham crackers.

And I am not ashamed of the fact that I ate every last bite while chatting away with my favorite girlies.

I already love them for so many reasons, but even more so now for the fact that they take pictures with me when I ask a complete stranger to snap one, even when I know they really don’t want to.

Thanks girls, you’re the best. It’s nights like these that remind me to reflect and realize just how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. I’m a lucky gal. Smile

*********

Well, hubby just walked in the door and I haven’t seen him all day, so it’s time go catch up! Hope ya’ll had a great day!

Question for the Evening:

Who are the amazing people in YOUR life that deserve a shout out?

1 Melissa June 7, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Is it weird to be jealous of your leftovers? That salad looks awesome! I love hearts of palm, too. They’re actually kind of pricey for a canned veg, but I splurge on them from time to time.

My friends who allow me to photograph my food and theirs every time we are out deserve a serious shout out. And my coworkers, who have been so sweet to me after my car accident. They deserve some serious love!
Melissa recently posted..Extra Monday

2 Blog is the New Black June 7, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I am so jelly of that BEAT of a salad you’ve got there!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Lemon Bars

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Oh we have a salad creations here too! I have never been there though – I feel like I need to go!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..grocery shopping blues- summer break style

4 Courtney June 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You should DEFINITELY go! It’s great!! :)

5 Tori (Fresh Fruition) June 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Love froyo! I’m totally craving some now. And I wish we had a create your own salad place around us. I’ve never seen anything like that except from a salad bar!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..An Evening in Annapolis- Maryland

6 Amanda (Eating Up) June 7, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I love my college friends! They deserve a shout out since we’re all leaving each other in ten days after graduation!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Post-Grad Life- Updating the Context of Eating Up

7 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales June 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm

We used to have a Salad Creations (I’m assuming it’s a franchise) right next to my law school here in Chicago, and it closed!! :( Saddest day ever! That was my go-to place when I didn’t bring my lunch! I loved that they mix it all up and chop it for you if you want! So jealous!
Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales recently posted..7-Week Rise &amp Shine Challenge

8 Gege June 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Your fro yo looks to die for!!! By the way, Ms. Courtney, how do you make your iced coffee? I have been making one to many trips to McDonalds for them, I am addicted!!! lol
Gege recently posted..Im still alive!

9 Courtney June 7, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Actually, I just brew it like I normally would hot coffee but I make a big batch of it at night and pop it in the fridge for a couple days! I used to double brew then pour over ice, but this is just easier for me. :)

10 Sarah June 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm

You Handled it so well!! Cake batter, cookies n cream, and peanut butter are phenom at 16 Handles.
Right now I need to shout out my p’rents. My mom drove 2 hours from Philly to NYC to pick me up yesterday after 7 days of 12 hour (overnight) work shifts. Shout out to my dad for playing tennis with me today :)
Sarah recently posted..Bloody Marys not just for Sunday brunch anymore

11 Katherine June 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Extremely jealous of your froyo. I love froyo and where I live (basically in the woods) there are not ANY froyo places so I do not get to enjoy it often, but the cookie dough looked delicious in it…I am a sucker for cookie dough!!
Katherine recently posted..bachelorette

12 Allison June 7, 2011 at 10:04 pm

If your a fro-yo addict than I am definitely one. I try and talk my bf into counting fro-yo as an appetizer before dinner. See here. http://chocolatecravinandmoneysavin.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

Sometimes it works other times..I just go alone. shhh

13 Courtney June 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Hahaha, I LOVE it! So glad I’m not alone ;)

14 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 7, 2011 at 10:07 pm

AHHH what a gorgeous upon gorgeous salad!!! Esp hearts of palm — when I first got one on a salad I thought it was string cheese! p.s. I WANT that cookie dough.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Do you like my dress Senior Ball Pictures!

15 Lindsey June 7, 2011 at 10:08 pm

That froyo looks so good! I am hoping we get a self serve froyo place soon!

My Mom and husband deserve a shout out, they are the best!
Lindsey recently posted..Planted

16 Casey June 7, 2011 at 10:08 pm

OMG that fro yo…your making me want to demolish the ice cream in my freezer (sadly, the closest thing i have to fro yo)

17 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Haha I definitely go crazy around salad bar-type places. I really should order an everything salad to make the cashier’s life easier…

Hey! I just went to 16 Handles in NYC the other day! I love how creamy and smooth their fro yo is :)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Drink the Day Away

18 Jordan P June 7, 2011 at 10:33 pm

My friend Rachel just got finished the last of her 71 treatments following the diagnosis of breast cancer over a year ago!! She definitely is getting a shout out.
Jordan P recently posted..Welcome to the Jungle

19 Courtney June 7, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Absolutely!!! That’s such wonderful news for your friend! :)

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 7, 2011 at 10:40 pm

They have CAKE CRUMBS as a topping!? Oh my Jesus. I think I just died a bit.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..WIAW &amp The Move In

21 Gina June 7, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I would have built a humongo salad too! I need to try 16 Handles, there’s one in the city but I’ve yet to go there!!
Gina recently posted..Do You Dream in Chocolate

22 TheBloggeresBrother June 7, 2011 at 10:47 pm

excited for that salad much? cheese ball

23 Courtney June 8, 2011 at 10:14 am

You have no idea! Okay…maybe you do. ;)

24 Katya June 7, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Froyo! nomnomnomnomnom!!! I go crazy at those self-serve places, haha.

25 Khushboo June 7, 2011 at 11:15 pm

U know your a healthy living blogger when salad bars get you excited! I love when there are so many options! I keep hearing great things about 16 handles, any place that has birthday cake fro yo and cookie dough toppings is defo a winner in my books…aaand likely to make me bankrupt!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

26 briana June 7, 2011 at 11:23 pm

had cake batter fro yo tonight and wanted to get a small but it didn’t happen I piled it on! It’s so addicting

27 Courtney June 8, 2011 at 10:14 am

It’s SO hard not to!!!

28 Nicole @sugarcoatedsisters June 7, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Oh my! That froyo looks delish!!!! Vanilla graham crackers? Those sound great.
Nicole @sugarcoatedsisters recently posted..Lake Chabot 5K and Half Marathon

29 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 8, 2011 at 12:26 am

hahaha I was JUST at 16 handles. I literally picked the gym I wanted to go to (my gym is all over the city) based on its proximity to 16 handles. Even though it was 10:00, the place was BUMPIN. In fact, it was so crowded my mother ( who i was on the phone with) asked me if I was at a bar :-) I could eat 16 handles for every meal and never get tired of it. I’d go for 3 meals a day but I think I’d be embarrassed going three times in one day…
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..How to Make Your Coworkers L-O-V-E You

30 sara @ the foodie diaries June 8, 2011 at 2:31 am

I’ve never been to salad creations! I know, I know, I MUST GO! :) Sadly I’m going to have to avoid salads (and other veggies) these next couple of weeks while I’m in Europe traveling for three weeks! I don’t want to catch the E Coli virus that’s going around, yiiiiiiikes! :)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..To Pack or Not to Pack…

31 megan @ the oatmeal diaries June 8, 2011 at 3:02 am

Ahhh I go crazy at salad bars! Um, and at fro-yo places too. Two of my favorite things right there!! You are your friends are gorgeous! :)

32 Kelly June 8, 2011 at 8:20 am

There is this fro-yo place in Austin called Orange Leaf and they have snickerdoodle flavored fro-yo and it tastes amazing!!!
Kelly recently posted..attack of the green monster

33 Courtney June 8, 2011 at 10:13 am

Snickerdoodle?!?! Ohhhhhh myyyyyy….now I need to come down there for that AND the cupcake trucks you speak of ;)

34 Jenny June 8, 2011 at 9:22 am

SOOO, jealous of that lunch spot! I would eat there daily!

My Mom is the most amazing woman, she’s my superhero!
Jenny recently posted..Another Anniversary

35 Grace June 8, 2011 at 9:34 am

There are lots of people in my life who deserve a shout out! They all are okay with being put on my blog and letting me take pictures of their food…they’re all amazing!
Grace recently posted..Detoxin’

36 Liza June 8, 2011 at 10:43 am

Birthday cake and cookies and cream are two of my fave flavors at 16 Handles! I get those flavors every time, along wtih Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Confection!!! I was VERY suprised that you didn’t get the PB flavor ;)

37 Courtney June 8, 2011 at 10:48 am

Surprisingly, I don’t usually like chocolate based ice creams!

38 Holly June 8, 2011 at 12:31 pm

LOVE the necklace- you look adorable!!!
Holly recently posted..Getting Prepped for the BIG Day!

39 courtney @ cupcakedynamite June 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm

unlimited salad toppings?! that is a crime… ;)
courtney @ cupcakedynamite recently posted..you know it’s hot when