My Outer Banks Recap: By The Numbers

by Courtney on June 18, 2011

Well, we’ve finally arrived back to New York, safe and sound, after a long 12 hour car ride through the night.

Thankfully, a fully charged cell phone battery got me through some of the monotony of the drive, yet my Google Reader is still a disaster and will probably take at least a full week just to catch up on. Sheesh.

As sad as I was to leave OBX, the beach, and the carefree lifestyle that is a vacation, this little guy definitely helped peak my spirits as soon as we entered through the door early this morning.

I sure did miss the little bugger! Luckily, it doesn’t look like he did too much damage with the margaritas. I’m sure I did worse. Winking smile

**********

So a few weeks ago, I was reading through Heather’s blog and happened to come across the recap of her recent Texas trip. I really liked her approach to the recap, so I thought I’d go ahead and attempt the same, just Outer Banks style!

Days spent in the Outer Banks: 6

Number of good friends we shared a house with: 7

Number of dogs I survived a week with (who were actually really good): 2

Hours spent traveling in a car: 24+ (including to and from, and other other driving while down there)

Nights spent sleeping on a couch: 5

Nights spent wishing I had a bed: 5

Days spent at the beach: 5

Number of Corona Lights enjoyed on the beach: 5

Number of other alcoholic drinks consumed: Who’s counting?

IMG_4654IMG_4656IMG_4620IMG_4432

Nights I was able to stay awake past midnight: 1 (Yep, total granny)

Number of times I consumed ice cream or gelato: 5 (not sure what happened with that day six…)

IMG_4644IMG_4617IMG_4395IMG_4460

Number of meals I made a deliberate attempt to consume veggies: 2

IMG_4529IMG_4451

Amount of stomach pain I experienced while away: ZERO!! (we’ll get to that another time…)

Pounds of crab legs consumed: Probably 3ish

IMG_4452IMG_4599

Number of disgusting seafood snafus: 2

IMG_4596IMG_4601

Number of Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffees consumed: 4

IMG_4552IMG_4627

Breakfasts enjoyed out on the patio in the sunshine: 5

IMG_4563IMG_4399IMG_4401IMG_4472

Number of hours spent blogging from Dunkin’ Donuts: At least 5…our house never ended up getting Wi-Fi.

Number of hours spent running or beach walking: Between 2-3ish?

2011-06-13_07-51-13_492IMG_4556

Number of minutes of other exercise/strength training squeezed in: ~45ish

Percentage I was worried about my lack of exercise: 0%

Numbers of SPF I used during the week: 30, 15, & 8

Number of body parts that peeled due to my terrible ability to apply sunscreen correctly: 2…helloooo peely nose (don’t judge!)

IMG_4729-1IMG_4368

Number of new Old Navy articles of clothing worn: All 5!

IMG_4727IMG_4386IMG_4543IMG_4633IMG_4431

Amount of peanut butter consumed: More than I want to know

IMG_4397IMG_4705

Amount of gourmet popcorn consumed: 2.36 pounds…at least Winking smile

IMG_4641IMG_4643

Number of conversations centered around the idea of actually moving to North Carolina: Quite a few…

*********

And just in case you missed any, here is a wrap of all the week’s OBX posts!

Greetings From…

Sand Between the Teeth

Wine Tasting, Crab Legs, Ice Cream, and Tricep Dips

Paparazzi Blogging + Beach Walk Dreamin’

Can You Pick The Fake?

Seafood Buffet Snafus + Exciting News

A Break From The Beach

An Evening Beach Stroll

So Hard To Say Goodbye…To The Outer Banks

*********

Thanks so much for continuing to read while I was away! Smile

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) June 18, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE this layout!! u are just stunning!.. seriously stunning!
i LOVE the amount of pb consumed! and the % of no exercise worry!

2 Courtney June 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Thanks, Carrie! :)

3 Lindsay June 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Wow, it looks like you had such an amazing time! You look awesome in all of the pictures too (so jealous :)) And I totally want to eat that much ice cream- all. the. time. haha

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 18, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Looks like you had a great vacation…welcome back (at least now you have wi fi :))!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Pizza and beer

5 Whitley June 18, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Don’t move to nc….I live here. It sucks.

The outer banks is notttt what nc is like.

6 Whitley June 18, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Don’t move to nc….I live here. It sucks.

The outer banks is notttt east nc is like.

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 18, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Looks like such a fun trip! The drive there and back from NY stinks doesn’t it? (I live just south of Albany and my parents have a house just south of OBX) We’ve done it through the night too, not so much fun!

8 Niki (Life's a Payne) June 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I love the recap! I am even more jealous now than I have been all week!

I am making one of your cupcake recipes right now! They may indeed be the end of my healthy living… just kidding :) !
Niki (Life’s a Payne) recently posted..Sunshine and Sushi!

9 erica June 18, 2011 at 6:39 pm

love this post! :)

10 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I laughed out loud about the number of nights you were able to stay up past midnight. Story of my (granny) life!
Andrea @ Onion in My Hair recently posted..Weekly Weigh-In- She’s One Mean Girl

11 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers June 18, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I like how you did this post. :) It looks like you had an amazing time!
Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers recently posted..Enchilada Night

12 Danica June 18, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Glad you had a great vacation! And your pictures are beautiful!

13 Kelsie June 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm

So glad you had a fun trip!! I live in Charlotte & absolutely love it! I think you should definitely consider moving here! :)

14 Sarah June 18, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Such a fun week! Love this post… so unique!

15 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Aweeee I’m so glad you had a great time!!! When I’m on vacay I completely forget about exercise…and veggies. But then I start to crave both like it’s my job.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Reader’s Request- Exercise Recovery!

16 Abby June 18, 2011 at 10:30 pm

So glad your back- but it looked really fun! We had the same thoughts about moving to our fav vacation spot in California- maybe some day! You’re my fav blogger though- so I’m glad to be hearing from you again!

17 Courtney June 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Aww, thanks Abby! :-D

18 Grace June 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

That is a wonderful idea:)
Grace recently posted..Super Booda Birthday Celebrations!

19 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 18, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Love the heart at the end! What is it about drawing in the sand that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?? Also like your Dunkin Donuts coffee number. So you’re thinkin about moving to NC?!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Fro Yo With a Smile

20 Courtney June 19, 2011 at 7:29 am

You never know! ;)

21 Katherine June 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Haha I love this!
Katherine recently posted..Just One Of Those Mornings

22 Khushboo June 18, 2011 at 11:28 pm

“Number of other alcoholic drinks consumed: Who’s counting?”–> if you were able to quantify, clearly you weren’t drinking enough :)
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

23 Yolie @ Practising Wellness June 19, 2011 at 7:00 am

Hey Courtney! I’ve been reading for ages, but used to be shy about commenting…but I’m breaking out, lol!
This is a lovely, creative post. Your holiday looks wonderful and I’ve been loving reading all about it. Thank you for linking all the posts!
Breakfasts outside in the sunshine look gorgeous – what a nice way to ring in the morning.PB is such a great travel food, eh?
I totally agree with you about not feeling exercise guilt on holiday (or lack thereof), it’s just not about that! :-) Letting go and learning to live it up is so wonderful and freeing.
I just wrote about my own seafood snafu today – what a minefield, lol! :-P It was my first time trying oyseters and not at all what I imagined! But that crab you’ve been eating looks incredibly delicious :-)
Hope you settle back into homelife easily and speedily, and enjoy treasuring all the new memories you’ve made! Whenever I feel post holiday blues, I always think of this quote: “Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.”
Take care :-)
xyx

24 Courtney June 19, 2011 at 7:29 am

Thanks, Yolie! So glad you decided to “break out!” :)

25 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out June 19, 2011 at 7:56 am

Cute recap! Makes me antsy for my beach vacation in a little under 2 WEEKS!!
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Quinoa Vegetable Bake

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 19, 2011 at 8:36 am

Such a beautiful trip! Glad you had a great time!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crazy day at the vegan cafe

27 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 19, 2011 at 10:02 am

The Codester must be so happy that you’re back! I love this recap, especially the amount of ice cream/dessert you ate :) And I’m assuming you didn’t have stomach pain because you didn’t eat too many veggies??
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Alternatives

28 Casey June 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm

two of my friends are actually going to the outer banks in a few weeks, it looks amazing there!!!! It looks like you had an awesome time :D

29 Lisa June 19, 2011 at 2:39 pm

This might be a weird question: but when do you use what SPF numbers? I’ve heard that anything over SPF 30 doesn’t give you any more protection, but I don’t know much about the lower SPFs.
Lisa recently posted..Snacks that are not Sunny Seeds but are still Very Good 3

30 Shana June 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I am totally in bed before midnight every night…even on vacation! Also, I am super curious to hear about the no belly pain!

31 kristen June 20, 2011 at 11:42 am

glad you made it back safe and sound! I really like this blog recap!