CDNY Eat Drink Blog, Take 2

by Courtney on July 17, 2011

So yesterday afternoon, after attending Sarah’s beautiful shower, I had another special brunch to attend…

with some of my favorite local blends! You may remember last year when we all got together, we had quite the spread of food…things ranging from salads, to fruit salsa, to sweet treats.

Well this year, it was mostly about the carbs. Winking smile

Since I was a little late to the party, I missed out on the pancake station and some other goods that had already been there, but I was still pretty full from my earlier brunch, so I only ended up snacking on one of Julie’s Savvy Scones (YUM!).

By the time I got there, everyone was just having a great time sitting around and chatting.

It’s always so nice to be in a room full of great girls who understand why you take pictures of your food all the time. Winking smile

IMG_5885IMG_5886

Unfortunately, since chatting and catching up was at the forefront of everyone’s agenda, not many pictures were taken by anyone throughout the afternoon. So by the time we thought to take a group photo, more than half of the group had left. Major fail.

But hey, we still got some of us together, and the rest are certainly there in spirit…can’t you see them?

From L to R: Julie (and Max!) Emily, Heather, Emily, Me, & Jen)

It was, as always, a great time catching up with these ladies!

*****

Last night, since I still need to go grocery shopping and food is minimal, Jay and I ended going out to Ruby Tuesday for dinner (I had a coupon and it’s our favorite chain, by far).

I took the night off from blogging or camera-snapping because I felt like I needed it. But we did have a great dinner, we came back home, curled up in bed, and watched The Lincoln Lawyer from Redbox. We both really enjoyed the movie and would highly recommend it.

*****

This morning, I woke up and made us some last minute iced coffees. Believe it or not, I’ve actually missed my own iced coffees!

(Dad and Dan, please take note of my Mets themed coffee this morning)

I also snacked on another leftover scone from yesterday, so pretty soon I’ll try to figure out a real breakfast. But for now, it’s time to get crackin’ on my to-do list…

Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend so far!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the last good movie you saw?

(I’m curious to see how many people say “Harry Potter” – which, by the way, I’ve never seen ANY of them…am I nuts??) Winking smile

1 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 17, 2011 at 10:12 am

Woah, what a spread of food!! Looks like you had a fun weekend so far!

2 Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh July 17, 2011 at 10:14 am

I love the dessert table the best too :)

3 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

I wouldn’t say you’re nuts because I way prefer the books to the movies – you’re nuts if you haven’t read them ;)

I saw Transformers last week – pretty entertaining but it was all about the 3D!

4 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 17, 2011 at 10:19 am

I’m still not sure how I felt about The Lincoln Lawyer. I think Matthew McConaughey did a great job portraying a character he doesn’t normally get to play (ie. a serious one), but I don’t know if I really loved the plot–I thought it would be more cerebral, I think. I did enjoy it, though. Glad you did too. :)

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 17, 2011 at 10:19 am

Carb fest it must have been, that’s not a bad thing though! ;) Looks like a lovely day with the girls!
Ummm, The Hangover 2 was good but I am DYING to see Winnie the Pooh! :) ….Call me crazy, I know! (I’ve never seen the HP movies either!)

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 17, 2011 at 10:29 am

I loved Lincoln Lawyer too! My husband has a weird obsession with Matthew Mcconaughey and so we see everything he’s in. You’d think the obsession would be me but no, my husband calls him “matthew” and sometimes I get worried. ;)
I’ve only seen the first 3 HP movies so I don’t think you’re crazy, I just never got super into them or read any of the books.

7 Lindsey July 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

Last good movie we saw was the new XMen movie.
I have (sadly) fell asleep in every Harry Potter movie, and haven’t seen the last one so I want to rent it then watch the new/last one. I can’t be left out of the hype! haha

I wish I had more bloggers where I live! Looks like a great get together!

8 chocolate cravin and money savin July 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

Horrible Bosses was hilarious and Water for Elephants was really good too!

9 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

I saw all the HPs…they are so good!

10 Laura @ Unchartered 20s July 17, 2011 at 11:03 am

That spread looks a-ma-zing!! I recently saw Transformers 3… it was better than I expected.

11 Stephanie July 17, 2011 at 11:20 am

I’ve neverrrr seen any Harry Potter movies either haha (and honestly have no desire too :/) — so to me that’s not weird at all! Last cute movie I saw was Just Go With It w/ J.Aniston and A.Sandler – super cute. Have a great sunday!

12 Brooke July 17, 2011 at 11:23 am

My husband and I watched The Lincoln Lawyer from Redbox too. Smart minds think alike!

13 Sarah R July 17, 2011 at 11:24 am

We watched the Lincoln Lawyer on Friday night and both really enjoyed it as well. I never bought into the Harry Potter craze either.

14 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I’ve never seen any Harry Potter movies, nor have I read the books. Just never had any interest! Though not super new, I really liked The Fighter.

15 Aska @ Finding My Happy Ending July 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm

You’re not nuts! I’m right there with you…I’ve never seen any Harry Potter movies either. You look so tan and beautiful in your pictures!

16 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm

AHHH FOOD. My fave movie that I’ve recently saw was Bad Teacher. I laughed out loud! :)

17 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 17, 2011 at 12:47 pm

That food spread looks fantastic! And you’re so tan! Jealoussss

18 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I can’t believe you haven’t seen any of the HP movies! Have you read the books? Such a goo series!

19 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm

lovelovelove hanging out with bloggers! They’re the only ones who understand our crazy food-picture addictions ;)

20 Katherine July 17, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Hmm, I don’t know. I am hoping I can say Harry Potter after tonight. Seeing it at 7:30! :)

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 17, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Wow, you had a full day, didn’t you? :) Looks like lots of fun!

I can’t even remember the last movie that I saw in the movie theater. But I recently watched “Just go with it” on DVD (with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler). It’s a little silly, but I enjoyed it!

22 Jen M. July 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I haven’t seen any of the HP movies OR read any of the books, so if you’re crazy, then you’re not alone! :)

I absolutely adore scones, and homemade ones even more, yum!

23 Gigi July 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm

The blogger meet up looks like you ladies had so much fun! You can bet I watched teh final Harry Potter movie, and cried the majority of it too! ;)

24 Lisa July 17, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend!! =)

25 Pure2raw twins July 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Love blog meet-ups! It fun to meet the people behind the screen :) And what a delicious looking food spread! Last movie I saw was the new Transformers #3 – it was good , some parts were a little over the top, but I enjoyed it!

26 Khushboo July 17, 2011 at 2:52 pm

So glad I’m not alone- I just could not get into the Harry Potter craze!

27 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I saw Harry Potter last night and it was pretty good! I think they are great movies, definitely good for a rainy day! Besides HP, the last movie I can think of that I really liked was “Just Go With It” – made me laugh. A lot!

28 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I’ve never seen the Harry Potter movies either, so I don’t think that’s weird at all. ;)

29 Heather July 17, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I havent seen HP either and my husband is obsessed. just dont care! ha!
all that food looks SO yummy!

30 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm

One thing I really miss out on in St. John’s is getting to meet some of the blogger’s I love. Looks like you had a fantastic time (and food)! I am hoping a move in the near future brings me closer to some other bloggers!

31 Presley (Run Pretty) July 17, 2011 at 4:47 pm

That looks like so much fun! & I’ve never read or seen any of the Harry Potter’s either…

32 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) July 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I read all the Harry Potter books but have never seen any the movies so you are in good company. :)

33 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I went to Ruby Tuesday yesterday too!! I LOVE that salad bar :). I’m going to see Harry Potter this week..I can’t wait! The last good movie I saw was Horrible Bosses- I thought it was really funny and very entertaining.

34 Angela @ Pinching and Packing July 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

I thought I was the only one who had a thing for Ruby Tuesdays! I am not big on chains, but it is my favorite by far. I also loved the movie Horrible Bosses in the theater. We also watched Push at home recently and I thought it was really interesting, definitely an original concept!

35 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 17, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I’ve never seen a Harry Potter movie all the way through either. I just can’t get into it!

36 Courtney @ Girl In The Pink July 17, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I am on my way too see HP!! I think you definitely should try watching them from the beginning!!

37 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) July 17, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I saved one of your strawberry cookies for tonight and put a little scoop of vanilla ice cream on top to celebrate nat’l ice cream day… it was awesome!

38 Shayla @ The Good Life July 18, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Ha no you’re definitely not nuts, I haven’t seen any Harry Potter movies either! In fact we made the mistake of going out for drinks in our downtown area where our local theater is on Saturday night and it was bumper to bumper traffic with Harry Potter mania!

Last good movie I saw was No Strings Attached…some parts were pretty cheesy but I really like Natalie Portman, I think she’s so cute :)

39 Heather February 24, 2012 at 11:46 am

i can’t believe how long I lived in that apartment without furniture. I feel like i needto have another CDNYEatDrinkBlog party at my place so that everyone can have a real seat, this time ;)
Heather recently posted..A Late Night Look