Would You Believe…

Holy busy morning, Batman. WHEW!

This morning, I got up around 7:00am to fit my workout in for the day. I knew that if I didn’t finish it first thing, it wasn’t gonna be happening since I had LOTS to do. Today’s workout took place on the treadmill, completing 40 minutes of these treadmill intervals. It was awesome.

As soon as I finished, I poured myself a delicious cereal combo bowl.

Kashi Honey Sunshine, Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares, banana slices, chia seeds, and almond milk.

I actually consumed my cereal bowl while writing up this morning’s 7 Links post, and as soon as I finished, I was headed out the door.

Had I not been a total space case and gotten all of the ingredients that I needed to make my frosting yesterday, I wouldn’t have HAD to make this special trip. But no, I am indeed a space case, so out I went for my one ingredient.

Don’t worry, I made it worth my while.

A made a quick stop at Dunkin’ Donuts to properly celebrate Coffee Friday with an iced coffee (we ran out yesterday). I also made the trip even more worth my while by picking up a couple of these little gems.

Any time I see blueberry cake munchkins I crumble. I just cannot turn them down. Better yet, I seem to have quite good luck when asking for these. Today, I asked the guy at the counter for two, but came home only to notice that he gave me four…AND he didn’t even charge me!

It may not have been as good of a deal as the last time I asked for some, but I’d still say I made out pretty good. Winking smile

As soon as I returned home with my one lone ingredient and my goodies, I got to work in the kitchen. Would you believe that I used about 5-6 pounds of powdered sugar today???

IMG_6096IMG_6097

Just in case you didn’t believe me…

Six dozen cupcakes…DONE!

Oreo Cream Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Citrus Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Filling & Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (this is a new one!)

Neapolitan Cupcakes with Ice Cream Frosting (the ice cream was my ONE ingredient I needed this morning!)

Want to guess how many pounds of that powdered sugar made it into mah belly?

Nope, I really don’t want to know either.

What I DO know is that I feel like I’d like to lick the bottom of a pretzel bag right now…I am craving some salt BAD!

*****

Well, I know today is supposed to be Fashion Friday, but I never really went ahead and planned a fun post for ya’ll. Sorry.

BUT, how about I take a cue from both Julie and Gabriela and give you a nice self-taken shot of how “fashionable” I look when I bake??

That would be un-showered Courtney with my only saving grace being the absolutely adorable apron that I received this past Christmas from the Blogger Holiday Gift Exchange. Isn’t it cute? (And by it, I definitely am not referring to anything except the apron).

Now, I’d say it’s about time to go shower…and grab some more salt.

Happy Friday!!

Question for the Afternoon:

How many trips (on average) would you say you make to the grocery store in one week?

Comments

1. Kathryn says

I’ve been craving something salty, sweet, AND spicy! My hubby’s birthday is Sunday, so they decorated his desk at work today. He’s got some candy bars he’s bringing home today, but he’s already told me all the Take 5’s are mine. That’ll take care of the salty and sweet…maybe if I dunk it in a bit of buffalo sauce? Hmmm, it’s a thought

Wow oh wow do those cupcakes look delish! And I have to say I think the Dunkin’ Donut boys have a crush on you 😉

You’re too cute, love the apron! And the hair has a cute, sexy tousled look to it :)

I’d say I go to the grocery store about every other day…that’s more than I’d like to do but I always seem to forget something and I like getting dinner items the day of or before because early on in the week I’ll never know what I’ll feel like having!

that’s so many cupcakes!! next week I’m doing a wedding tasting and they want 4 flavors!!

I love baking cupcakes for people, and don’t really mind quantity, but when you have different cake flavors, frostings, toppings, fillings –> the work load adds up quickly!!

Am I right??

After 3 types I think you deserve a nap!!

Very cute apron!

4. Heidi R says

Blueberry cake munchkins are THE BEST THING EVER! When I stop to get coffee I often get a few for my 3 year old daughter, but some always end up making their way into my mouth! 😉

I go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week (I like to hit up a “regular” grocery store, as well as a trip to Trader Joe’s), plus I buy milk at a local dairy (It’s still pasteurized and all that. No raw milk here.). I just found out that my city has a farmer’s market 3 mornings a week and I’m thinking of checking that out next week. I think it would be great to take my daughter to buy produce directly from the farmer so she can know a bit more about where food comes from!

i did 96 cupcakes last month, and i’d say 96 spoons of frosting made it into my mouth from the leftovers… i have a serious problem!

I probably go 4-5 times because I tend to need odds and ends. I know it sounds a lot but I dont mind as I plan my running route accordingly and what can I say, I love to browse!

Everytime I read one of your posts that has pictures of cupcakes I immediately start craving them. And yours look so delicious to boot! If I were you I would definitely be snitching my fair share of them. Ha!
    I usually go to the store about 1-2 times a week, although there are weeks when I don’t go at all and some where I go almost every night. I think it all depends how organized I am at the beginning of the week and if I plan my meals out or not.

Ummm I don’t get free donut holes when I go to Dunkin Donuts!! I think someone might be flirting with Miss Courtney!! 😉

I usually go to the store 1-2 times/week. If I’m home by myself (b/c my husband is traveling for work), it will only be once. If my husband is home that week, then it will be 2 or even 3 times. That boy goes through cereal like it’s going out of style!! 😉

9. Nicole says

Do you have your own cupcake business? If not, you should totally open up shop! Those look amazing! I am totally going to try out the oreo cream cupcakes for my next get-together :)

On a related note, have you ever heard of Crumbs? It’s a gourmet cupcake shop in the metro New York area. They have about 50 different kinds of cupcakes, and most of them are super unique. My friends and family in Albany make frequent requests for their cupcakes when I come to visit… You should check out their website, it might give you some more fun flavor ideas!

• Courtney says

Thank you!

YES, I have heard of Crumbs but unfortunately, have yet to have a chance to try it. I’m hoping the next time I make it down there I’ll be able to FINALLy be able to try ’em out :)

I would give my right arm for those lemon cupcakes. Okay maybe the left, I kind of need the right!

I am ashamed to admit how many times I go to the grocery in a week. I actually insisted with the hubster that we get the groceries/store visits under control stat!

Those cupcakes look PERFECT! And so does that outfit, ha ha. I wish I only had to go to the grocery once, but it always ends up being more than that. Happy Friday!

Oh wow, those cupcakes look delicious!!! How did you come up with the idea of Neapolitan?? They look so beautiful!! To answer your question, I’m pretty space-cadety too… and even when I plan, it seems like something pops up that I have to go to the store for! Like this week, I tried to plan to only go to the store ONCE for food and other stuff… and then I get home and the trash can breaks (I know, wth?? Trash can breaking?? It did!) AND I found the the pita bread I had just bought was moldy… boo! So 2 trips this week… and 2 trips is about average for me. :)

13. Kathryn says

We might have sampled a few cupcakes tonight. They are SOOO GOOD!!! Thanks again for doing it for us!! They will definitely be a hit!! :)

Aww what a cute apron! I almost thought it was a dress.

I go to the grocery store way too many times in a week–probably because I buy too few things at a time! Or maybe just because I secretly like wandering the aisles. 😉

Trackbacks