One Of The Best Meals In Months

Last night’s dinner may have been one of the best meals that I’ve had in months. Top that with the fact that I was in such great company, and I’d say it was one heck of an evening!

Jen, myself, Alicia, Lauren, and Amy all met up for dinner at Creo’ Restaurant in Stuyvesant Plaza in Albany.

(Fun Fact: I actually used to be a hostess at Creo back in 2009.)

The décor in Creo’ is really something amazing.

And I absolutely love how part of the kitchen is wide open at the front of the dining room; it definitely gives you something to watch throughout the evening if you’ve got a good view of it.

By the time I got there, Lauren and Jen were already seated, and the table was accompanied by a large, delicious looking basket of bread. All of their bread actually comes from Bountiful Bread, which is a partner company of Creo’. I enjoyed a piece with some whipped butter which had a surprising hint of lemon to it. It was great.

While we waited for Alicia and Amy to arrive, we were actually given a complimentary appetizer, courtesy of the manager, Paul. I don’t know whether it was because he recognized me and we chatted for a bit, or whether he was just feeling nice. But either way…I’ll take it!

The appetizer was a Roasted Eggplant Red Pepper Dip, which came served with woodfired flatbread. All I can say is…I need to figure out how to make this. It was delicious (and delicious enough to eat three pieces of at that). Winking smile

When it came time to order, I was feeling rather indecisive (what’s new?) thanks to all of the interesting sounding items on the menu.

After much back and forth, I opted for the small portion of their Crab and Asparagus Risotto.

Like I mentioned above, this had to be probably the best meal I’ve eaten since dining at Tautog’s in Virginia Beach. It was like nothing I’ve ever had before.

The lump crab meat was larger than I was expecting and had the perfect amount of sweetness to it. The risotto, which was prepared in a pesto sauce, complimented both the crab and the grilled asparagus so well. I really could go on and on about this dish!

Alicia and Amy both got the same dish as I did, Lauren got a great looking Polenta Cake dish, and Jen ordered the Pad Thai which she said was also incredible.

Once we all basically licked our plates clean, the dessert menus were brought out…

In an effort to not push myself over the edge, plus let’s not forget all of the cake I’ve been surrounded by lately, I decided to pass on ordering dessert.

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t steal a couple bites from everyone else’s. Winking smile

Chocolate Cake? Yes please! It was super rich and super awesome.

But the best dessert, by far, was the dessert special, which was a passion fruit sorbet covered in a white chocolate shell and chocolate ganache. Ohhhh lordy; it was beyond incredible!

Everything about dinner was totally on point, and it turned out to be a great evening both food-wise and company-wise. A win-win!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…(I went easy on ya’ll today!)

• Dine at an amazing restaurant in bad company -OR- a poor restaurant with amazing company? (amazing company, please!)
  • Order an appetizer -OR- order a dessert?
  • Eat fruit for dessert -OR- chocolate? (99% of the time, I’d say chocolate; but after trying last night’s fruity sorbet, I don’t know…)

Comments

the desserts look phenomenal but I’m more interested in the chocolate martini that I spy at the bottom of the menu 😉 oh mannnnnn.

1. amazing company for me.. you can always just make yourself something else when you get home :)
    2. dessert dessert dessert!! though my family has always been appetizer people – so I rarely get to order something sweet unless I beg. Which I do…
    3. CHOCOLATE!

Your dinner sounds amazing. Anything with crab and asparagus and I’m sold. Those desserts looked great also. I usually pass on dessert then steal a couple bites from others at the table.

I would dine with good company.
    I’d rather order a dessert.
    Chocolate all the day!

Poor restaurant with amazing company.
    Tough one – I usually only order one or the other depending on my mood – I will say dessert today!
    Fruit – because it is all in season right now and so good!

I’d MUCH rather dine at a poor restaurant with amazing company– In my opinion, who I’m with really does make my meal so much more enjoyable

btw, LOVE the crab with risotto idea! You can tell Creo that I’m stealing it for my dinner 😉

5. Laura says

I’m so glad you enjoyed Creo’! Isn’t the new menu great, so many choices. Hopefully I can join you girls next time!!

I would have to say – good company, dessert, and chocolate.

1. Amazing restaurant. I’d ignore the company and focus on the eats. Wait, I do that anyways. haha.
    2. Appetizer. I’m really not a dessert girl. But I do love apps.
    3. Chocolate. I see fruit as well, fruit. I did eat fruit for “dessert” growing up – but if I’m going to have dessert (which is about once a week) it’s going to involve a “real” sweet.

7. colleen says

1.amazing company for sure
    2. appetizer…I don’t have much of a sweet tooth
    3. fruit with chocolate! especially nutella or dark chocolate peanut butter. yummy.

Holy delicious! This is a fun would you rather!:

Dine at an amazing restaurant in bad company -OR- a poor restaurant with amazing company? company over food for me…unless i’m HANGRY 😉
    Order an appetizer -OR- order a dessert? dessert fo sho
    Eat fruit for dessert -OR- chocolate? ha ha these are getting too easy..CHOCOLATE!

Amazing restaurant with poor company!! If I’m going out already, I’d rather it be something tasty, I’ll save the good company for at home when I’m cooking!!

I’d ALWAYS rather eat an appetizer. In fact, sometimes I prefer appetizers over meals.

I’m not a HUGE chocolate fan so most of the time if it’s something like a berry cobbler, I’d vote that over chocolate. Love anything with the words cobbler crisp or crumble in it.

That desert looks OUTSTANDING! And the photos you took of it are even better! Looking beautiful as always and very tan! You must be utilizing the pool 😉

11. Brittany says

Company, appetizer (I could live off of appetizers. Those little bites of flavor are always more satisfying than a big meal of the same taste. Give me a sampler platter any day!!! YUM!) chocolate or fruit… hmmm… usually I go for tirimisu which is neither… or apple pie i guess, which can be considered fruit. chocolate is generally too rich for my tastes.

I had an amazing crab risotto at Caliza restaurant in Alys Beach (near Destin, FL) when we were on vacatin last month but yours looks delicous too.
    I would much rather have dessert over appetizers.
    I would have also chosen the sorbet over the chocolate cake. You can get chocolate cake just about anywhere but the sorbet would have been my splurge.

Wow what an amazing meal, especially the dessert! And I love your outfit and hair, you’re so gorgeous Courtney!! :)

1. Definitely a poor restaurant with amazing company. No matter what, being with amazing company always makes for a great night!

2. I think you know my answer – definitely order a dessert!!

3. Hmmm, if apple crisp counts as fruit for dessert than I would most definitely have that over chocolate, it’s one of my all time favs!

Definitely good company, bad meal. You can always make up for it with a trip for fro yo or ice cream!

Dessert!!

Definitely chocolate. I like fruit just the same but it doesnt kill my sweet craving after a meal like chocolate does

ok this is crazy! i actually just went to creo with my friend last weekend and wrote about it on my blog…i got the same crab and asparagus risotto. your pictures do the meal and restaurant much more justice as i am in the process of getting a new camera. i LOVE it there!!

Trackbacks