Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 2

by Courtney on August 7, 2011

Okay, it turns out there was one more part to Part 1 of Sarah’s Bachelorette Party that I forgot to mention. Honestly, I don’t know how I forgot about this part, because it was so absolutely beautiful.

On the way back to our resort, the rain had let up (it was raining lightly on and off for a good part of the day) and our tour guide told us that there was just one more spot that we had to visit.

Well, as soon as we walked over the ledge, I could obviously see why.

This is Taughannock Falls, part of Taughannock State Park located between the Village of Trumansburg and the city of Ithaca. The falls cataract has a drop of 215 feet and is one of the highest east of the Rocky Mountains. Pretty cool, right?

So once we got back to the resort and said goodbye to our amazing tour guide, we headed inside, only to be greeted with a wonderful wine reception.

Heyyyy, when in Rome, right? Winking smile

All of us were able to use this time to freshen up a bit, enjoy a drink (or two) and get ready to head out for the night. Of course, we had to make sure the bachelorette had the proper attire for the evening, which I’m pretty sure she enjoyed.

I, on the other hand, was excited enough just to be having an excuse to wear my favorite honeymoon dress. Smile

The first stop of the night was dinner at The Boatyard Grill, which I actually never really took any pictures of. Woops. I can assure you, however, that my chicken sandwich was pretty darn fantastic, and we all continued to have a great time.

However, it was the next stop of the night where things got REALLY interesting

Truth be told, there was really only one thing that all of us wanted to be able to do last night, and that was to go out dancing! Girls, out on the town, bustin’ a move on the dance floor. Well, we found a local bar that we were told would deliver the dancing atmosphere that we were looking for. So we hopped in the cab and headed over…

But as soon as we walked inside, we were greeted with some…err…”unexpected” company.

Apparently, it was “zombie” night at The Haunt, and just about everyone in the crowd was dressed up in their finest zombie attire.

Ohhh, you KNOW we stuck out like sore thumbs in this crowd.

But we totally embraced it, and laughed about it the entire time!

Does that guy not creep you out or WHAT?!?! Disappointed smile

The final Part 3 is still to come…featuring one of the most amazing breakfasts I think I have ever eaten. Look for it in the morning!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is feeling a little more refreshed than I currently am. Winking smile

1 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm

HAHAH WHAT IS THAT GUY DOING!? Why is he covered in blood??

2 Lee @ in the pink of condition August 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm

hahaha that is just a hilarious moment. Why is everyone a zombie?! I’m laughing so hard at that last picture

3 Courtney August 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm

It was “zombie” night! Haha, no idea why…I think it was sponsored by a radio station. TOO funny!

4 Jamie @ snacktress August 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Your posts are making me homesick! Ithaca really is “gorges”. Ahh, Taughannock is so stunning. And puh-leeeease tell me you went to the Haunt!

I’m dying to know where your breakfast was! DeWitt Cafe, perhaps? Looks like you had so much fun.

5 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Sounds like such a fun weekend :)

6 Brittany@ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm

That guy is CREEPY!! I wouldn’t even want to stand next to him! lol. But it sounds like a really fun weekend, and gorgeous too!! :D

7 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I’d have made him do the “Thriller” dance.

8 Courtney August 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm

LOL I wanted to!! ;)

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Wow, that guy really worked hard on his costume! I think it had been me, I would have just thrown a sheet over my head and called myself a really pale zombie. :P

10 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 7, 2011 at 9:22 pm

LOL I love how you embraced the zombie theme and just went with it!

I love winery tours – I did one in Charlottesville VA this past spring, followed up with an amazing lunch at a local brewery, it was fantastic!

11 Sarah Maddalena August 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Loving these beautiful recaps. So glad i have these, from you, to remember every detail! Thank you for being a part of this special time with me. It means a lot.

12 Courtney August 8, 2011 at 9:05 am

Wouldn’t have had it any other way :)

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

GAAAHHH! That guy is so creepy!!!

14 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Hahaha that guy’s costume looks so creepy!! I mean, I guess he pulls off the zombie look though. You look gorgeous! Btw, I saw your recent comment snafus and I wanted to say that I love you and your blog is awesome! I look up to you and I love everything you post!

15 Courtney August 8, 2011 at 9:05 am

Thanks, Lindsay!

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I would have totally HAD to leave the bar… Zombie night? Who does that?!?! Yikes! ….I’m such a woos that I can’t even go out on Halloween, I get to scared. I would have been done for!
Other than that, it looks like it would be a wonderful time with the girls!!!

17 Lauren August 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Those zombies are hilarious! I’m a teen so I won’t be going to anyone of these parties soon but it looks like you had a great time! :D

18 Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique August 7, 2011 at 10:04 pm

That last photo is completely creepy. Yikes! By the way, the cupcakes came out fantastic! Thanks again. :)

19 Courtney August 8, 2011 at 9:06 am

Awesome!! I’m so glad :-D

20 Kellie August 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Courtney,
I wanted to let you know that I was the winner of the iherb shopping spree. I emailed you. I am so excited. Thank you!

21 Courtney August 8, 2011 at 9:06 am

Yes! I got your email and sent it along to iHerb, so hopefully they will be contacting you today. Congrats!!

22 Yaara August 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Hey Courtney!
I’ve been following your blog now for a little while–it rocks!! You always have fun witty things to say! I just wanted to ask you–where did you get that adorable black dress with the flowers that you’re wearing above? It’s so cute.

23 Courtney August 8, 2011 at 9:07 am

Forever 21!

24 Natalie August 7, 2011 at 11:46 pm

You look amazing with your summer tan! From when I first started reading about 6 months ago or so and when you realized, with help from you fans/readers and your boyfriend, you look so much better with minimal makeup. You have a gorgeous glow and it does NOT need to be covered by makeup.

25 Laura @ Backstage Balance August 8, 2011 at 12:32 am

Zombie night meets bachelorette party outing? That’s awesome and hysterically funny! Your bride is a great sport, and that dude’s makeup job is incredible!
Can’t wait for part 3!

26 Khushboo August 8, 2011 at 2:04 am

Gah that last pic is creepy yet kinda awesome haha!

27 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 8, 2011 at 10:41 am

OK, Zombie night is just weird! Dude with all the blood is intense!

28 marissa @ meeses pieces August 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm

i love your dress..so pretty!