Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 2

Okay, it turns out there was one more part to Part 1 of Sarah’s Bachelorette Party that I forgot to mention. Honestly, I don’t know how I forgot about this part, because it was so absolutely beautiful.

On the way back to our resort, the rain had let up (it was raining lightly on and off for a good part of the day) and our tour guide told us that there was just one more spot that we had to visit.

Well, as soon as we walked over the ledge, I could obviously see why.

This is Taughannock Falls, part of Taughannock State Park located between the Village of Trumansburg and the city of Ithaca. The falls cataract has a drop of 215 feet and is one of the highest east of the Rocky Mountains. Pretty cool, right?

So once we got back to the resort and said goodbye to our amazing tour guide, we headed inside, only to be greeted with a wonderful wine reception.

Heyyyy, when in Rome, right? Winking smile

All of us were able to use this time to freshen up a bit, enjoy a drink (or two) and get ready to head out for the night. Of course, we had to make sure the bachelorette had the proper attire for the evening, which I’m pretty sure she enjoyed.

I, on the other hand, was excited enough just to be having an excuse to wear my favorite honeymoon dress. Smile

The first stop of the night was dinner at The Boatyard Grill, which I actually never really took any pictures of. Woops. I can assure you, however, that my chicken sandwich was pretty darn fantastic, and we all continued to have a great time.

However, it was the next stop of the night where things got REALLY interesting

Truth be told, there was really only one thing that all of us wanted to be able to do last night, and that was to go out dancing! Girls, out on the town, bustin’ a move on the dance floor. Well, we found a local bar that we were told would deliver the dancing atmosphere that we were looking for. So we hopped in the cab and headed over…

But as soon as we walked inside, we were greeted with some…err…”unexpected” company.

Apparently, it was “zombie” night at The Haunt, and just about everyone in the crowd was dressed up in their finest zombie attire.

Ohhh, you KNOW we stuck out like sore thumbs in this crowd.

But we totally embraced it, and laughed about it the entire time!

Does that guy not creep you out or WHAT?!?! Disappointed smile

The final Part 3 is still to come…featuring one of the most amazing breakfasts I think I have ever eaten. Look for it in the morning!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is feeling a little more refreshed than I currently am. Winking smile

Comments

Your posts are making me homesick! Ithaca really is “gorges”. Ahh, Taughannock is so stunning. And puh-leeeease tell me you went to the Haunt!

I’m dying to know where your breakfast was! DeWitt Cafe, perhaps? Looks like you had so much fun.

2. Sarah Maddalena says

Loving these beautiful recaps. So glad i have these, from you, to remember every detail! Thank you for being a part of this special time with me. It means a lot.

Hahaha that guy’s costume looks so creepy!! I mean, I guess he pulls off the zombie look though. You look gorgeous! Btw, I saw your recent comment snafus and I wanted to say that I love you and your blog is awesome! I look up to you and I love everything you post!

I would have totally HAD to leave the bar… Zombie night? Who does that?!?! Yikes! ….I’m such a woos that I can’t even go out on Halloween, I get to scared. I would have been done for!
    Other than that, it looks like it would be a wonderful time with the girls!!!

Those zombies are hilarious! I’m a teen so I won’t be going to anyone of these parties soon but it looks like you had a great time! 😀

6. Kellie says

Courtney,
    I wanted to let you know that I was the winner of the iherb shopping spree. I emailed you. I am so excited. Thank you!

• Courtney says

Yes! I got your email and sent it along to iHerb, so hopefully they will be contacting you today. Congrats!!

7. Yaara says

Hey Courtney!
    I’ve been following your blog now for a little while–it rocks!! You always have fun witty things to say! I just wanted to ask you–where did you get that adorable black dress with the flowers that you’re wearing above? It’s so cute.

You look amazing with your summer tan! From when I first started reading about 6 months ago or so and when you realized, with help from you fans/readers and your boyfriend, you look so much better with minimal makeup. You have a gorgeous glow and it does NOT need to be covered by makeup.

9. Laura @ Backstage Balance says

Zombie night meets bachelorette party outing? That’s awesome and hysterically funny! Your bride is a great sport, and that dude’s makeup job is incredible!
    Can’t wait for part 3!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5FavoritesBlog Love"Just Because" PostsWorkout & Fitness PostsCody PostsRestaurants (local and travel)RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 2 […]