Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 3

Happy Monday Morning! Are you playing a little catch-up from the weekend like I am? Well, then you’ll want to be sure to check out any posts you may have missed before getting into today’s…

Will You Take Our Survey?

Want To Know Where I Am?

Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 1

Sarah’s Bachelorette Party, Part 2

So now, hopefully you’ve at least read Parts 1 and 2 of Sarah’s fun-filled bachelorette party…so let’s go on to the final Part 3!

Sunday morning, we all awoke nice and early so we could meet for a delicious, pre-arranged breakfast located right inside of the resort at Simply Red Bistro.

And thanks to my decision to stop drinking wine by 9pm the night before, I woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed with no sign of a hangover. Two thumbs up? I think so!

The breakfast menu at Simply Red is small (four items to choose from), but regardless of which item you choose, you also receive a basket of fresh baked pastries, seasonal fruit or yogurt and granola, coffee, juice, and/or tea.

I did try a piece of one of the pastries, which was so flaky and buttery that it took a lot to stop at just a couple bites.

I ordered the fruit cup along with a mug of coffee, although I almost kind of regretted not getting the yogurt and granola parfait. It looked really good.

But now…let’s really talk about this breakfast.

I need to tell you guys that this may, in fact, be one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had.

It rivaled the Banana & Caramelized Almond Pancakes I devoured in Vegas

It may, in fact, have topped my beloved Red Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes

In case you couldn’t already tell, if I’m not ordering an omelet, I’m almost always a pancake girl. They’re a favorite. But when I opened the menu and noticed Oatmeal Crusted French Toast staring back at me, I just couldn’t resist.

Two slices of thick, fluffy French Toast, which were encrusted with the most delicious, sweet, oatmeal coating which was nothing like I’ve ever had. That oatmeal coating alone probably would have blown me away, but then it came topped with brown sugar cream, fresh strawberries, and a side of locally made maple syrup.

I mean, it was just unreal. UNREAL I tell you! I’m currently battling with myself trying to decide if I want to figure out how to make this on my own…it could be amazing, or it could be dangerous.

Actually, it would be very dangerous. So I’m thinking that I’ll leave it to the amazing chef at Simply Red and only hope that I’ll, one day, be able to enjoy it again. WOW.

Breakfast was definitely enjoyed by all. Smile

After we all enjoyed our breakfast together, it was time to head out for the final item on our weekend itinerary…

Spa Treatments at August Moon!

August Moon Spa is located right within the LaTourelle Resort, and offers a variety of spa treatments to suit anyone’s desire. Upon arrival, we were all welcome to change into our robes and sandals to get ready for each of our individual services.

While there were a number of intriguing services on the spa menu, I opted for a simple, 50-minute Swedish Massage. Honestly, it wasn’t the best massage I’ve ever had, but really…any massage I get can never really be bad, can it?

Once my massage was over, I headed into the spa’s Tranquility Room for a good 30 minutes or so, where I was actually able to get a chance to finish reading my book. As much as I enjoyed Emily Giffin’s last book, I don’t think I liked it as much as this one.

So once everyone was finished up with their spa treatments, it was time to hit the road. As sad as it was to have the weekend over, I think we were all feeling pretty pooped and ready to get back home.

Nonetheless, it was definitely an amazingly fun weekend, and I was so happy to be able to be with Sarah and share this experience with her.

IMG_6624IMG_6637IMG_6642IMG_6646IMG_6668IMG_6685

I think I want to do this EVERY weekend. Smile

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Spend a weekend touring wineries -OR- breweries?
  • Walk into a bar filled with people dressed up as zombies -OR- bad biker dudes?
  • Eat French Toast -OR- pancakes?

Comments

That is sure a toss-up! I would vote breweries right now (I may have exhausted my wine-loving side at the moment)…

I would prefer the bar filled with zombies…I could see it being fun to do the Frankenstein walk after a drink or two. Hopefully some good music like “Thriller” too!

I vote pancakes just because as a little girl they were always choice #1. With a chocolate milk :-)

I’m so jealous of your weekend! It sounds like so much fun! I’ve actually never had a real, professional massage. I think I need to change that asap!
    1. I would definitely rather tour wineries! I’m not a huge fan of beer because it doesn’t sit well with my stomach
    2. Hmm…I think people dressed as zombies would be more entertaining to look at haha
    3. How about pancakes AND french toast? Although yesterday I made some hearty pancakes that were delicious!!

As a beer gal, obviously I’d go with the brewery tour (those these wine people, especially your guide, looked like a great time!) And I’d choose french toast over pretty much…. every other breakfast option ever. And zombies over bikers, always. Way less scary.

Looks like an absolute blast and even a bad massage > no massage, right?

I was just at a Bachelorette party last weekend, they are so much fun!

I would rather tour a winery, because although I’m not a huge drinker anyway, I think wine is very beautiful (which sounds weird, but it is!).

I would rather walk into a bar with people dressed as zombies. They aren’t truly scary, whereas biker dudes could be very scary!

I only love french toast if it’s made with Challah bread (a must try for everybody!!), so I’ll have to go with pancakes. Pancakes never let me down…yum! :)

Ooh wineries or breweries is a tough choice – right now, I’d choose breweries because I’ve never done that, and I’ve done a wine tour.

I choose biker dudes over zombies. Biker dudes don’t scare me, but zombies may eat my brains ;)

French toast all the way!

6. Nicole says

Looks like you had such a great weekend, and ohmygoodness, that breakfast looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

While I’d love to go on a beer tour, I love wine tours! I live close to wine country in Long Island, and I love taking out-of-town friends and family there for the day! I’m pretty sure those zombies would have given me nightmares, so I’d opt for the biker dudes… and french toast over pancakes, for sure! Ironic that you posted this question – I just made your “overnight french toast” recipe for a brunch yesterday – it was a huge hit!

Wow a good breakfast followed by a massage is the best way to spend Sundays! I’m always a pancake girl (my butt is proof gah) but I’m thinking twice now after seeing the potential french toast holds! If you re-create, PLS share the recipe!

1. Wineries (and I can’t wait to do so in Napa in October)!
    2. I think zombies?! ahhh I don’t know!
    3. another toss up! At home, pancakes. At a restaurant, french toast!

Looks like you had an awesome weekend celebrating!!

9. Sue says

I live in Ithaca so it was neat to see familiar places on your blog. It is a pretty nice place to live. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. Sorry it rained for you (but that’s Ithaca weather).

Looks like you girls had a great weekend! The oatmeal crusted french toast looks amazing. A restaurant I like has cornflake crusted french toast and it’s fantastic – the crunchy outside and squishy inside is a great combo!!

11. Kathryn says

1) I don’t drink beer, so I’d love to go to the winery.
    2) Either, neither group bothers me any. (I come drink a long line of motorcycle loving people… Grandpa, Mom, Uncle, me someday)
    3) Pancakes, always. I’ve never been a fan of french toast.

haha LOVE this would you rather!

I would rather tour wineries – 64 ounces of beer would make me feel like I ate 12 loaves of bread!

Ummm..honestly a toss up but I think biker dudes would be more funny and less gross.

And pancakes v. french toast is also a hard one but I’m going to have to go with french toast – if I’m going to go sweet I might as well go BIG!

That breakfast looks so amazing! :) I would much rather tour a winery, I’m not a beer girl at all. Biker dudes over zombies for sure. French toast over pancakes as long as it was made with a good bread and didn’t have a ton of eggyness on the outside!

looks like such a fun weekend, I’ve always wanted to go do a finger lakes wine tour! That breakfast looks amazing :) I’ve never done a wine tour, but I do really enjoy going to breweries and getting dinner & beer!

Wow! That sounds like the most wonderful weekend EVER. What a great idea for a bachelorette party.

I’d rather tour wineries since I hate beer and am a total wino :) I’d rather walk into a bar with zombies ( as long as they weren’t real haha). And I’d have to choose pancakes cause my bf makes the best pancakes in the world…from blueberry to strawberry cardamon to our new fave: wheat germ and walnut :)

Thank you so much for posting about this! I’ve been trying to figure out what to do for my bachelorette party and I’m loving this idea! I was a little worried when I first started reading that there wouldn’t be a place to go out dancing- because that is an absolute necessity! Looks like you had a blast and thanks for the idea :)

17. colleen says

1. Winery-love love love wine. Did you get to save any corks from the weekend? I collect them so I always nab a few.
    2. Zombies????
    3. Pancakes as long as they’re gluten free!

Sounds like an amazing weekend! You should make it an annual event!
    I’d much rather tour breweries than wineries since I absolutely adore beer and will try just about anything.
    And pancakes vs. french toast? It depends on the mood. Wonder if anyone has ever tried a french toast/pancake combination, like making the french toast, then covering it in batter and baking it up. You’d get the best of both worlds. Hmmm…interesting.

Wow does that look good! I don’t think I have ever had anything that looked that delicious from a restaurant for breakfast…I think that belongs on Food Network’s Best Thing I Ever Ate! ;)

1. Definitely spend a weekend touring wineries – I am a true wine lover and haven’t gotten on the beer bandwagon.

2. Hmmm I’m going to have to go with Walk into a bar filled with bad biker dudes

3. It depends, if they’re my mom’s then definitely pancakes. But at a restaurant I think I’d get French Toast!

Wow! What a weekend!

I would rather…

Spend a weekend touring wineries
    Walk into a bar filled with bad biker dudes (and then promptly walk out… neither option is too appealing; zombies creep me out :))
    Eat French Toast (at a restaurant – I can never make french toast as good as they do)

Trackbacks