We’re Cool Like That

by Courtney on August 10, 2011

I am SO GLAD that you guys are finding Christina’s work to be as amazing as I do! If you haven’t already done so, make sure to check out this afternoon’s post for a chance to win your own Customized Signature Tree.

*****

After spending the majority of the afternoon out running errands, I came home to catch up on emails and some blog-related tasks. Well, wouldn’t you know, for the third time in the past four months, I gave my computer a nasty virus.

Remember my love/hate relationship with Wednesday Workouts? Well, I also have a love/hate relationship with technology. Sometimes, computers drive me bonkers!

Thank goodness I have an amazingly computer-savvy hubby, who came home just in the nick of time to to fix my mistakes. Ughhh…thank you, Jay. You’re awesome.

Dinner

Neither Jay or I were in the mood for much of an extravagant dinner tonight. You’d think that when we finally have a free night with no softball and no other plans that we’d actually want to cook? Nope…not us. We’re cool like that. Smile

So instead, I made us some killer turkey sandwiches with ears of corn on the cob and cucumber sticks.

I really think that I could eat corn on the cob everyday during the summer. I need to start buying it more…it’s soooo delicious (on the cob OR off!)

My sandwich was made up of turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, bread and butter pickles, and honey mustard. Oh how I just love me a fresh turkey sandwich sometimes!

As for tonight’s dessert, I already have a little something up my sleeve…

Check these babies out! About a month ago, I signed up for and was selected to be a part of the Lindt Excellence Influencers Club, and just recently received these two chocolate bars to sample and review.

I’m super intrigued by these two bars; usually, I’m a little skeptical about “intense” dark chocolate, but the 70% Cocoa Nut Crunch and the 70% Almond Brittle flavors have totally grabbed my attention. I can’t wait to dig in…YUM! Smile

On a side note, I was told today that I am the Featured User over on Celebrations.com. Feel free to head on over and check it out!

Questions for the Evening:

What’s your favorite kind of chocolate (white/milk/dark/super dark…)?

Do you consider yourself “computer-savvy?”

1 Cassie August 10, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Your sunglasses are so cute! Where did you get them?

2 Courtney August 10, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Thanks! I think I found them at JCPenney about 2 years ago. I still can’t believe I’ve held onto them for this long ;)

3 Nicole August 10, 2011 at 8:04 pm

my favorite chocolate is dark or super dark chocolate…but let’s be honest, I’ll eat it all. :)

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I looove dark dark chocolate! It’s my favorite. My favorite Lindt is touch of sea salt – so good!

5 Victoria (District Chocoholic) August 10, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I love any chocolate that is done well. Amedei and Domori are spot on with almost everything – dark, milk, white…

I personally thought the Lindt bars were tasty but had a dry melt.

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 10, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I hear ya! On nights I have the time to cook all I want is something easy and to relax for a minute! Sandwiches and stuff it is! :) …..I’m a fan of super dark with sea salt! NOT computer savvy!

7 Ashley@MyFoodFitnessFun August 10, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Oh gosh, I love any chocolate. Especially quality chocolate. I would say it depends on my mood… but dark chocolate might just be #1.

I am by NO means computer savvy! I totally agree with having a love/hate relationship with computers/technology.

8 Girl In The Pink August 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I am learning to be computer savvy – not quite there yet :)

I love any type of chocolate really, I don’t discriminate – I like light, dark, white, whatever!

9 Emma @ Microcosm of Life August 10, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Sometimes I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I L-O-V-E milk chocolate and white chocolate! The milkier, the better!

10 Amy August 10, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I love dark chocolate, the full spectrum from 60% to 90% cocoa. Nuts, no nuts, wine infused (brilliant Australian chocolate company makes my favourite merlot chocolate :) ). Enjoy your Lindt!

11 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl August 10, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Any kind of chocolate is good with me, too! I can’t decide on a favorite. ;) I’m mostly computer savvy. I’ve been able to figure out some stuff on my own, but the fact my boyfriend has a degree in computer/electrical engineering definitely helps! He is constantly working on computers he’s bought off ebay or for friends that need help. He can also work on cars. I love it!

12 Shayla @ The Good Life August 10, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I think I’m pretty computer savvy, I’ve always somehow been able to fix a glich or do this or that on a computer…my mom has always said I have a natural knack for it ;)

And I love how you and the hubby do simple dinners too…I am so not in the mood to put any efforts into tonight’s so I’m already planning to have a turkey & avocado sandwich for dinner – it’s the simple meals that are sometimes the best! :)

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Last year I went through 7 work computers because of viruses! IT was starting to get suspicious but, I swear it was normal usage. So annoying though!
Simple dinners on nights with no plans are perfect because then you have more down time :)

14 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 10, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Sometimes, simple dinners are perfect! I LOVE dark chocolate. It is one of my best friends :). I am not that computer savvy…but when I had my pc I wayyy more problems than I have ever had with my mac!

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles August 10, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Sometimes simple sandwiches are just what we need! Yours looks great!

16 colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays August 10, 2011 at 8:44 pm

i used to only love milk chocolate but in the last couple of years (in my effort to live a more healthy life) i started forcing myself to eat the dark kind. sounds weird now, to say i forced myself to eat it b/c now i have to force myself to stop!!!

17 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 10, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Fave chocolate is dark! The Lindt bars with sea salt – OMG. Of course, I pretty much like all chocolate, just not white – there’s something about white chocolate that seems unnatural!

I feel like I’m relatively computer savvy, but when I run into trouble I just call my stepdad!

18 Katelyn@ Foodie Goes to School August 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Sometimes the simplest meals can be oh sooooo good:)

19 Mandee @ Mandeelicious August 10, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I used to looooooooove white chocolate, but over time have actually come to dislike it! It’s too sweet for my taste so I prefer dark now!

20 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Dark chocolate is my favorite! Every once in a while, if my sweet tooth is RAGING I’ll go for a cookies-n-cream bar!

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 10, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I most definitely do NOT consider myself to be computer-savy. I wish I could say otherwise!!

And I love Lindt chocolate. Their milk chocolate balls are the BEST.

22 Cait @ cait hates cake August 10, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m a dark chocolate girl. Not super dark, just dark.
Yes, I’m very computer savvy – I better be, it’s my job!

23 Danielle Spellman @Squirrel Snackin' August 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I love dark chocolate and white chocolate..they are too different to have a favorite! And computer savvy..definitely a NO. :(

24 Lindsey August 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Dark Chocolate all the way – usually my favorite is about 75-80%.

Technology hates me, enough said ;)

25 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm

SUPER DARK? Is there such a thing??? I’m sure that would be my favorite

26 Courtney August 10, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Hahaha, I have no idea…I sort of made it up ;)

27 Gemma August 10, 2011 at 9:59 pm

almond dark chocolate mmmmm!

and being in an office all day requires me to be computer savvy, have my moments though! but hey, you have an excellent hubby for these tasks :)

28 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! August 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm

White chocolate. YUM!
how do you do (cook) your corn on the cob ?

29 Courtney August 10, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Nice and simple…in a pot of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes. Sometimes if we’ve already got the grill on, we’ll cook it on there, but it’s usually a stove top method :)

30 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! August 10, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Yum, thanks! I love it on the grill too. Sadly I don’t have one at the moment so I need to learn other ways. :)

31 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 10, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Yummm! I love chocolate. Milk chocolate will always be my favorite, but I really like dark chocolate–though it makes me sneeze!!

32 Courtney August 10, 2011 at 10:15 pm

REALLY?!?!

33 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm

YES!! It is so weird! Milk chocolate sometimes makes me sneeze, but dark chocolate and mints almost always do it!

34 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 10, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I love any kind of chocolate! Except, it has to be the good stuff. I can tell when it’s the cheap, plastic-y tasting stuff!

35 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm

By computer savvy…. do you mean inept?
If so… yes.

But whenever chocolate has some caramel in it…. that’s my favorite, hands down.

36 Alison @ Hospitality Haven August 10, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I love Lindt’s dark chocolate with sea salt!!

37 Khushboo August 11, 2011 at 12:49 am

I luuurve dark choc, especially Lindt 70%! Like a majority of other bloggers, I’m addicted to sea salt choc!

38 Hope August 11, 2011 at 9:12 am

I am a huge fan of dark chocolate. Yum! :)

39 Julie August 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

I could eat corn on the cob everyday in summer too! Glad to see an East-coaster feels the same way…I’m from WI and my friends from the coast make fun of me for my love of corn!

40 Danica August 11, 2011 at 10:13 am

I LOVE dark chocolate, and those two kinds sound delicious! If you give a good review I just might have to go get some : )
I’m compleeeetely not computer-savvy (SO far from it), but thankfully my fiance is a computer science major and can always fix whatever issues I’m having with mine.

41 Nicole August 11, 2011 at 10:20 am

That chocolate looks so yum! Courtney, how does one become a member of the Lindt Excellence Influencers Club? I clicked all around their website and am totally at a loss. (Clearly, I am not tech/computer-savy.)

42 Courtney August 11, 2011 at 10:21 am

Haha, it was actually something they had on their Facebook page a while back. It’s not there anymore though :(

43 Sabine August 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

:) How about that for “super dark” …

a few weeks ago I tried the 99% (!!!) Lindt chocolate.

I know that’s hard to believe. I mean, 99%??? I could hardly believe it myself.
You can see a picture of it here:

But, to be honest, I did NOT like it. It tasted as I expected it to taste – just as pure, dark cacao.

I liked white and milk chocolate best, but then I got used to dark chocolate (75% – 85%) -because it is said, that dark chocolate is very healthy- and now I am in love with it.
My favorite brands are Lindt and Feodora.

This summer I ate a piece of Lindt’s dark chocolate with lime quite often … :)

44 Sabine August 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Oh, I’m sorry, I just realized the lime chocolate is from Feodora, not Lindt.

But delicious, nonetheless.

I can tell, I am eating a piece right now :) .