We’re Cool Like That

I am SO GLAD that you guys are finding Christina’s work to be as amazing as I do! If you haven’t already done so, make sure to check out this afternoon’s post for a chance to win your own Customized Signature Tree.

*****

After spending the majority of the afternoon out running errands, I came home to catch up on emails and some blog-related tasks. Well, wouldn’t you know, for the third time in the past four months, I gave my computer a nasty virus.

Remember my love/hate relationship with Wednesday Workouts? Well, I also have a love/hate relationship with technology. Sometimes, computers drive me bonkers!

Thank goodness I have an amazingly computer-savvy hubby, who came home just in the nick of time to to fix my mistakes. Ughhh…thank you, Jay. You’re awesome.

Dinner

Neither Jay or I were in the mood for much of an extravagant dinner tonight. You’d think that when we finally have a free night with no softball and no other plans that we’d actually want to cook? Nope…not us. We’re cool like that. Smile

So instead, I made us some killer turkey sandwiches with ears of corn on the cob and cucumber sticks.

I really think that I could eat corn on the cob everyday during the summer. I need to start buying it more…it’s soooo delicious (on the cob OR off!)

My sandwich was made up of turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, bread and butter pickles, and honey mustard. Oh how I just love me a fresh turkey sandwich sometimes!

As for tonight’s dessert, I already have a little something up my sleeve…

Check these babies out! About a month ago, I signed up for and was selected to be a part of the Lindt Excellence Influencers Club, and just recently received these two chocolate bars to sample and review.

I’m super intrigued by these two bars; usually, I’m a little skeptical about “intense” dark chocolate, but the 70% Cocoa Nut Crunch and the 70% Almond Brittle flavors have totally grabbed my attention. I can’t wait to dig in…YUM! Smile

On a side note, I was told today that I am the Featured User over on Celebrations.com. Feel free to head on over and check it out!

Questions for the Evening:

What’s your favorite kind of chocolate (white/milk/dark/super dark…)?

Do you consider yourself “computer-savvy?”

Comments

• Courtney says

Thanks! I think I found them at JCPenney about 2 years ago. I still can’t believe I’ve held onto them for this long ;)

Oh gosh, I love any chocolate. Especially quality chocolate. I would say it depends on my mood… but dark chocolate might just be #1.

I am by NO means computer savvy! I totally agree with having a love/hate relationship with computers/technology.

I love dark chocolate, the full spectrum from 60% to 90% cocoa. Nuts, no nuts, wine infused (brilliant Australian chocolate company makes my favourite merlot chocolate :) ). Enjoy your Lindt!

Any kind of chocolate is good with me, too! I can’t decide on a favorite. ;) I’m mostly computer savvy. I’ve been able to figure out some stuff on my own, but the fact my boyfriend has a degree in computer/electrical engineering definitely helps! He is constantly working on computers he’s bought off ebay or for friends that need help. He can also work on cars. I love it!

I think I’m pretty computer savvy, I’ve always somehow been able to fix a glich or do this or that on a computer…my mom has always said I have a natural knack for it ;)

And I love how you and the hubby do simple dinners too…I am so not in the mood to put any efforts into tonight’s so I’m already planning to have a turkey & avocado sandwich for dinner – it’s the simple meals that are sometimes the best! :)

Last year I went through 7 work computers because of viruses! IT was starting to get suspicious but, I swear it was normal usage. So annoying though!
    Simple dinners on nights with no plans are perfect because then you have more down time :)

Fave chocolate is dark! The Lindt bars with sea salt – OMG. Of course, I pretty much like all chocolate, just not white – there’s something about white chocolate that seems unnatural!

I feel like I’m relatively computer savvy, but when I run into trouble I just call my stepdad!

7. Gemma says

almond dark chocolate mmmmm!

and being in an office all day requires me to be computer savvy, have my moments though! but hey, you have an excellent hubby for these tasks :)

8. Julie says

I could eat corn on the cob everyday in summer too! Glad to see an East-coaster feels the same way…I’m from WI and my friends from the coast make fun of me for my love of corn!

I LOVE dark chocolate, and those two kinds sound delicious! If you give a good review I just might have to go get some : )
    I’m compleeeetely not computer-savvy (SO far from it), but thankfully my fiance is a computer science major and can always fix whatever issues I’m having with mine.

That chocolate looks so yum! Courtney, how does one become a member of the Lindt Excellence Influencers Club? I clicked all around their website and am totally at a loss. (Clearly, I am not tech/computer-savy.)

11. Sabine says

:) How about that for “super dark” …

a few weeks ago I tried the 99% (!!!) Lindt chocolate.

I know that’s hard to believe. I mean, 99%??? I could hardly believe it myself.
    You can see a picture of it here:

But, to be honest, I did NOT like it. It tasted as I expected it to taste – just as pure, dark cacao.

I liked white and milk chocolate best, but then I got used to dark chocolate (75% – 85%) -because it is said, that dark chocolate is very healthy- and now I am in love with it.
    My favorite brands are Lindt and Feodora.

This summer I ate a piece of Lindt’s dark chocolate with lime quite often … :)

12. Sabine says

Oh, I’m sorry, I just realized the lime chocolate is from Feodora, not Lindt.

But delicious, nonetheless.

I can tell, I am eating a piece right now :) .