Upbeat Workout Playlist

by Courtney on August 30, 2011

Man, you guys have some killer music recommendations! Thank you all so much for weighing in with some of your top choices.

Upbeat Workout Playlist

This afternoon I finally sat down, purchased some newbies, and created a brand spankin-new workout playlist.

playlist2

It’s a mix of new songs, songs from my last playlist, and some super old school songs (thank you, e@thisnotedlife, for reminding me about Ice Cube’s “You Can Do It” – totally an old favorite that makes my boo-tay wanna move!)

I also just HAD to include Train’s new(?) song, “Marry Me” because I think it’s just so incredibly sweet. And ironically enough, I actually listened to it while finishing up the last of my revamping of the Wedding page (finally – WOO!).

The last page to get done was the Decorations & Details page, which includes lots of fun info so be sure to check it out. Technically, I could still revamp the Honeymoon page, so if there’s any extra info you’d like to see added there, just let me know. I can be persuaded to make some edits. Winking smile

*****

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner just goes to show you that a mediocre dinner the first time around doesn’t mean you can’t make a killer meal with its leftovers!

IMG_7491 (640x480)

Despite the fact that last night’s pork chops were pretty “meh,” I was still able to salvage the leftover marinated peaches, which were incorporated into a killer salad.

IMG_7495 (640x480)

In the mix:

• Chopped romaine
  • Leftover peaches and onions, diced
  • Dried cranberries
  • Cucumbers
  • Goat cheese
  • Slivered almonds
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Chia seeds

IMG_7497 (640x480)

Once this creation got a little drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, it was good to go and by far, a heck of a lot better the second time around! YUM!

Time to go do some relaxing with the boys…g’night everyone!

Question for the Evening:

What meals/foods/dishes do you enjoy better the second time around?

1 Megan @ Runners New Groove August 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

LOVE that you have Sir Mix A Lot on here. Not to mention Maroon 5…OMG, anything Adam Levine does is amazing.
Megan @ Runners New Groove recently posted..All about Jeffery’s

2 laura August 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I think that soup always gets better with time!

love your playlist, I’m going to download a few.

3 Heba August 30, 2011 at 7:52 pm

love your music selection. and that dish looks yummy

4 Sweet and Savvy August 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I think soup tasted better leftover! The flavor Really sets in.

5 Shayla @ The Good Life August 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Love your playlist! And love that you got Baby Got Back in there – sweet! :)

I love pizza or casseroles the next day…cold or heated up again, I think it always tastes even better the second time around ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Soaking Up The End of Summer

6 colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays August 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

for some reason soup always tastes better to me the second time around. good thing soup weather is right around the corner…i can’t WAIT for fall!!!
colleen laquay urbaniuk @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i miss my dad

7 Kelly August 30, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Pizza…definitely pizza.
Kelly recently posted..i’m no fool

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles August 30, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I love chili the second time around – especially sweet potato & black bean chili. SO good!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Double Trouble

9 Hope August 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I find that soup, casseroles or Asian food are awesome as leftovers! I love when dinner gives you enough leftovers to bring to work for lunch! :)
Hope recently posted..Thai Chicken Stir-Fry…

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries August 30, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I find that spaghetti sauce and chili are always best as leftovers! The longer they sit and marinate, the yummier they taste!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Leftover Creations

11 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm

That looks awesome! I love that you downloaded Baby Got Back haha…I should get that song- it would probably be a great song to have come up on your playlist in the middle of a workout :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Not Meant for Speed and A Pasta Recipe

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 30, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Oooo, that will keep you pumped for sure!!! I like the ‘Yeah X3′ that reminds me of the yesterdays….. :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Listening ears are wonderful!

13 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes August 30, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Great playlist! Im going to have to copy that one!

I love lasagna leftover – I think because I make it with cottage cheese, when it’s fresh it’s a little runny, but once it’s hardened up and leftover, delicious!
Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes recently posted..Monday Love Part 3 (Day 19)

14 Melissa August 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Buckcherry’s Crazy Bitch–LOVE that song for running! I thought I was the only one. :)
Melissa recently posted..College Cutie

15 Stephanie August 30, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Chilis/soups/stews almost always taste better after a day or two in my opinion!!! :)
Stephanie recently posted..Italian Summer Wheatberry Salad

16 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer August 30, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I’m working on my ipod right now. You’ve got some good ones on there!
Soup gets better, at least I hope tonights dinner gets better when I have it for lunch tomorrow.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Asparagus Parmesan Soup

17 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm

i agree with a couple of the above responses: soups & stews always taste better the 2nd day/3rd day!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Nutella Addiction Strikes Again

18 Alaina Johnson August 30, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Just spent way too long looking at your wedding pictures and I absolutely loved loved your favor idea. May be happening at my wedding so do I have to worry about copyright issues? Haha jk!

And your taste in music= phenomenal. Will you come DJ my wedding that will have all of your stolen ideas?
Alaina Johnson recently posted..Hitting the Pavement

19 Laury @thefitnessdish August 30, 2011 at 11:08 pm

YES! I haven’t even charged my ipod because my music is so out-dated. I’ve been jamming to Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls and old Britney…throwing in some Old Dirty Bastard and Biggie because I wanted to bring sexy back but even got sick of the old/new playlist. Everything current I totally played out so I needed some new jams!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Gym Etiquette

20 Yaara August 30, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Great playlist!! I thought I’d also add–for some “ole skool” faves: “push it” by salt n’ pepa; and Madonna’s “Like a Prayer”

21 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 31, 2011 at 12:10 am

I think soup and pizza are always better when leftover! I just like my crust to be super crispy so allowing it to almost burn in the oven is my favorite! lol.
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..A Few Favorites

22 Khushboo August 31, 2011 at 12:53 am

Love how gangsta your playlist it- my kinda girl :D
Khushboo recently posted..Birthdays = another excuse to eat cake

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries August 31, 2011 at 7:27 am

I saw Train and Maroon 5 in concert a week ago, and when Train sang Marry Me, they were walking through the audience, and stopped at a certain couple – and the man proposed to his girlfriend! The public proposal isn’t my cup of tea, but it WAS cute, and the song is perfect :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Don’t Go Without a Plan

24 Tiffany August 31, 2011 at 8:48 am
25 Katie @ Plates and Paste August 31, 2011 at 9:20 am

I think ALL meals are great the second time around…that’s the beauty of leftovers!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..New Faces

26 Ruthie Hart August 31, 2011 at 10:40 am

oooh might have to borrow this list!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Good to know

27 e@thisnotedlife August 31, 2011 at 11:56 am

You’re welcome! Always fun to have a throwback tune..the hubs broke out “back that azz up” the other night haha!

28 Meg @ Maknwaves August 31, 2011 at 12:27 pm

This playlist looks awesome and i have been DYING for some new music! My gym time has been seriously slacking lately and I think a lot of it has to do with how bored I am with my music right now. Can’t wait to try to out on a good long run :)
Meg @ Maknwaves recently posted..For Love of Closets