With the Push of a Button

by Courtney on September 9, 2011

I just love starting out the day with a good, sweaty cardio session. It puts a little extra pep in my step, and keeps my endorphins a-flowin’.

This morning’s sweaty cardio session came in the form of yesterday’s Pyramid Treadmill Workout. I did the modified, 35-minute running version, which has no recovery times, and covers just around 3.5 miles. It is definitely a serious butt-kicker!

Some of my muscles have also been feeling a little tight lately, and since I didn’t get my usual yoga in on Wednesday, I followed up my run some 10lb. Slimdown Yoga. I seriously love that DVD!

Actually, even though I have the DVD, I often just flip on my Exercise TV channel and watch it off of there. There are so many options on that channel, and I love having it right at my fingertips with the push of a button (I also just noticed a 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme series today – definitely going to have to check that one out!).

The other night, when our friends Joe and Kate were over, we were actually talking about switching from our cable provider (Time Warner) to Direct TV to save money, but when I found out there was no Exercise TV channel, it was pretty much a deal breaker. (Hence, the reason I called and saved us some extra moola the other day). If you do have this channel at your disposal, and you’re looking for some new or different workout ideas, I’d definitely recommend checking it out.

(Exercise TV did not ask me/pay me to write any of this…I just like to share what I love with all of you!)

Breakfast

Post-workout, it was time for some foooood.

Umm, ok. Peaches are seriously amazing right now, aren’t they?!? So ripe and juicy! I sliced one up this morning and gave it a thorough sprinkle of cinnamon.

I also toasted up a slice of whole wheat bread and topped it with a pumpkin-peanut butter combo, and more peaches. The pumpkin-peanut butter combo is awesome; depending on what else you add, you don’t really end up tasting the pumpkin, but it makes it seem like you’re getting double the peanut butter. Lotsa volume…which is always great in my book!

Even though it is, technically, Coffee Friday, I still enjoyed a mug at home this morning. We’ll see whether or not I need to pick one up while I’m out later today. Winking smile

Happy Friday, everyone!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Do the Macarena in front of a table full of dinner guests -OR- dress up as a chicken and sit like that at a company meeting?
  • Be set up on a date by a good friend -OR- a professional matchmaker?
  • Date a high-profile politician -OR- a professional athlete?

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

I think dating either one would be stressful!! But man do I love a man in a uniform!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..The Sting of Effing Failure.

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 9, 2011 at 9:50 am

So true on the exercise channel, that is honestly one of the things I miss most about cable!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Aspaeris compression shorts giveaway!

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 9, 2011 at 9:52 am

Mmmm that little peach, pumpkin, and peanut butter combo looks yummy!

I’d rather: do the macarena in front of a table full of dinner guests; be set up on a date by a good friend; date a professional athlete.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What’s for Breakfast: Peanut Butter ‘N’ Banana Pancakes

4 Taylor @ Crumbs Don't Count September 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

Do the Macarena — I am known to dance in public…with no alcohol involved!
Be set up by a good friend–they know my personality better!
Date a professional athlete–politics gets too cut throat for me! Plus an athlete would be a great gym buddy!
Taylor @ Crumbs Don’t Count recently posted..Back Into the Swing of Things

5 Sweet and Savvy September 9, 2011 at 9:55 am

Macarena, friend, And a politician! Love the idea of peaches with cinnamon!

6 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl September 9, 2011 at 9:56 am

mmm your peaches look so delicious – I wish i had your food photography skills!

I’d rather dress up as a chicken and sit like it at the company meeting. I’m sure you’ve read about my job and coworkers. I kind of love them and I know they would LOVE me sitting in a chicken costume. It would be the highlight of everyone’s day.

I’d rather be set up on a date by a good friend who knows me well…matchmaking is weird.

Would definitely want to date a professional athlete. I’m kind of obsessed with all of the trainers at my gym. I need an athlete for sure ;-)
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..How to be a Bad Influence on Your Parents

7 Courtney September 9, 2011 at 10:08 am

Haha, yes, that doesn’t surprise me about dressing up like the chickens around your coworkers! It sounds like it’s pretty fun over there! :)

8 Faith @ For the Health of It September 9, 2011 at 9:57 am

Do the macarena fo sho, close friend and a professional athlete. You know how some girls get crushes on rock stars? Mine are on quarterbacks.
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Ten Things that got me through Last Night’s Workout

9 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer September 9, 2011 at 10:02 am

I didn’t really utilize the Exercise on Demand until it was too late. I have DirecTV now, and I’m soo wishing I still had Time Warner.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Nasty Mac and More Books

10 Lindsey September 9, 2011 at 10:03 am

Peaches are awesome right now I agree! I love PB and pumpkin, best combo ever!
Macarena in front of dinner guests. set up by a good friend – they know me best :) Professional athlete, I am not one for politics!
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

11 Katie September 9, 2011 at 10:04 am

OMG my boyfriend and I canceled DirecTV after 2 weeks! They had the worst customer service I had ever experienced and would never recommend it to ANYONE!!

HELLOOOO!! I’d totally do the Macarena. You don’t even have to force me. I may or may not have done it last weekend while sitting at a redlight surrounded by shocked onlookers!

12 Jen September 9, 2011 at 10:08 am

1. Macarena, unless I have to sing it. I can’t sing.
2. Good friend, because that situation would have double-dating potential! But I’m already engaged. :)
3. Definitely professional athlete. My fiance is a personal trainer! Close enough for me.

13 Ruthie Hart September 9, 2011 at 10:10 am

We have a local provider called Grande because it is the only provider in Austin where you can buy the NFL Network (for my hubby) but it sucks we don’t have exercise TV! At our old house we had Time Warner and they had awesome work out channels….I loved doing the Carmen Electra dance videos!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Accent Vlogs

14 Hope September 9, 2011 at 10:11 am

Peaches, peanut butter and cinnamon sound like a delicious combination! I’m going to have to try it! :)

I’d rather date a professional athlete. I think I would get too bored being surrounded by politics all the time.
Hope recently posted..Hungry Girl’s BLT Mac ‘n Cheese…

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 9, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’m a fan of ExerciseTV too! It’s great for when I don’t feel like taking a trip to the gym.

-Do the Macarena
-Professional matchmaker
-Athlete
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..7 Things

16 Khushboo September 9, 2011 at 10:25 am

Ohh I would trust a good friend with set-ups over professional matchmakers any day…I’m not convinced about the idea of a matchmaker, call me corny but shouldnt you ‘expect the unexpected’ with love??
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 4

17 Brittany September 9, 2011 at 10:41 am

I used to have exercise TV and LOVED it!! Perfect for a day you can’t go to the gym, but I don’t have it anymore so upsetting.
I would rather do the macarena. I have no problem dancing in front of guests:)
Be set up on a date by a good friend, i’d trust their judgement!
date a professional athlete! i love sports.
Brittany recently posted..Way too Indecisive

18 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 9, 2011 at 11:08 am

I miss the on demand workouts I used to have with comcast:( I would do the macarena any day of the week. I was obsessed with that dance!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Running by the Sea

19 Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 9, 2011 at 11:08 am

I had a gorgeous peach with my oats this morning! :)
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Vanilla Sponge Cake with Raspberry Jam and Cream Filling

20 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 9, 2011 at 11:15 am

I love Exercise TV! That’s where I do a lot of my workouts from. I also have Netflix, so I use the Netflix instant workout DVDs also. Your peaches looks amazingly ripe and juicy.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Pre-Birthday Pancakes

21 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre September 9, 2011 at 11:17 am

The way you lay out your food on your plate always makes me laugh.. lol, it’s always so neat and organized. I love it… it’s almost like it comes from your personality (I always see how neat and clean your house looks and your blog posts are always written neat/gramatically correct, etc). That probably sounded weird.

Anyway, I am starting to prep for my personal training certificate today! I have a 3 day ACSM workshop this weekend to jump start my studying. I wish we were closer and could have study sessions!! Have an awesome weekend! :)
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Power Outage

22 Courtney September 9, 2011 at 11:42 am

LOL, that’s not weird…I’ll take it as a compliment! (Even though my house is definitely NOT always as organized as you get to see it) ;)

Good luck with your training workshop this weekend! I wish I had a live workshop to attend with mine…just books and flash cards for me.

23 nicole @ simply Nicole September 9, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I forgot how much I loved peaches. I might have to pick some up at the grocery store this week!
nicole @ simply Nicole recently posted..Fashion’s Night Out

24 debbie (accidently delish) September 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm

love the idea of pumpkin and nut butter. genius. and i am LOVING peaches right now too!

and i am jealous of you and your wifey powers of getting your bill reduced. i am such a push over when i call companies. i make my fiance call. haha.

have a great friday and weekend doll ♥

25 Courtney September 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm

It sounds like you and my hubby are very similar ;)

26 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm

ooh that peach looks so juicy! that is one bad thing about summer coming to an end, peaches&berries being out of season, but I look forward to lots of pumpkin oats! :)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Staying Accountable on the Weekend

27 Nicole @ PancakesandPilates September 9, 2011 at 12:56 pm

That really looks delicious. I’m obsessed with cinnamon, but wouldn’t think to put it on peaches. Definitely on the to do list this weekend :)

Macarena! Lawyers don’t always have a good sense of humor.
Friend. If it doesn’t go well we can go to drinks and laugh about it.
Athlete! That one was easy-peasy. Athletes are super buff :)
Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Labor Day Weekend Part 2: Swan Inn & Beacon NY

28 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts September 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love Exercise TV! Why buy DVDs when you have that?

You are right, peaches and nectarines are amazing right now! You pictures have me salivating at the moment. Luckily I have a nectarine sitting on my desk, ready to be eaten!

- I would rather do the macarena. I actually sort of enjoy it still. Is that sad?
- I woudl rather be set up on a date by a friend. They know me better than a matchmaker.
- I’m gonna go with a professional politician. Have you even seen Basketball Wives on VH1? I do not want to get caught up in all of that shizz by dating an athlete! Yikes!
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Day of Rest, Night of Joy

29 Kim @thefamilypractice September 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

We have directv and it used to have FitTV which I absolutely LOVED. They dropped that channel and now there is just have discovery health – which is fine if you have a DVR because you can just record the workouts you want and then do them whenever (they are on at really weird times, like 3am). Other than that, I love DirecTV – wish they would bring back more of the fitness stuff!
I did just find exercisetv.com though and that’s always an option…
Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Four Veggies, Four Separate Meals

30 Allison September 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I love Excercise TV! There is no reason to skip a workout anymore. The ab workouts are killer. Almost couldn’t get out of bed after doing a double ab workout last week!

31 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 9, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I first tried teh 10 lb slimdown from exercise tv! They really do have a great selection. Also tried Bethenny Frankel’s yoga from there and fell in love with it. I highly reccomend that one!

32 Erica September 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm

1. macarena
2. good friend because they would know you best, but it would be pretty interesting to see who a professional matchmaker would pair you up with.
3. pro athlete (hubba hubba)
Erica recently posted..wedding week recap: the rehearsal

33 Rebecca September 9, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I’ve been curious about excercise TV. Let us know what you think! Haha-what dinner guests, I have some friends I could do the macarena in front of and not be bothered-they’d probably join in even. As for blind dates, I have some friends I could trust, though I’m not someone who’d probably go on a blind date (I gotta know him first). Hm…tough call but athlete I guess?
Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #6

34 Stephanie Bragg September 9, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I LOVE the 10 pound slimdown videos, I havent seen the extereme ones yet…those will be on my list this week!

And…
dress like a chicken
set up by a friend
date an athlete
Stephanie Bragg recently posted..Tupperware and Tape

35 Katie @ Plates and Paste September 9, 2011 at 11:05 pm

The macarena :) a professional matchmaker…I watch Millionare matchmaker and I seriously think Patty has a gift. I can’t answer that last one…I’d want neither!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Fashion’s Night Out