With the Push of a Button

I just love starting out the day with a good, sweaty cardio session. It puts a little extra pep in my step, and keeps my endorphins a-flowin’.

This morning’s sweaty cardio session came in the form of yesterday’s Pyramid Treadmill Workout. I did the modified, 35-minute running version, which has no recovery times, and covers just around 3.5 miles. It is definitely a serious butt-kicker!

Some of my muscles have also been feeling a little tight lately, and since I didn’t get my usual yoga in on Wednesday, I followed up my run some 10lb. Slimdown Yoga. I seriously love that DVD!

Actually, even though I have the DVD, I often just flip on my Exercise TV channel and watch it off of there. There are so many options on that channel, and I love having it right at my fingertips with the push of a button (I also just noticed a 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme series today – definitely going to have to check that one out!).

The other night, when our friends Joe and Kate were over, we were actually talking about switching from our cable provider (Time Warner) to Direct TV to save money, but when I found out there was no Exercise TV channel, it was pretty much a deal breaker. (Hence, the reason I called and saved us some extra moola the other day). If you do have this channel at your disposal, and you’re looking for some new or different workout ideas, I’d definitely recommend checking it out.

(Exercise TV did not ask me/pay me to write any of this…I just like to share what I love with all of you!)

Breakfast

Post-workout, it was time for some foooood.

Umm, ok. Peaches are seriously amazing right now, aren’t they?!? So ripe and juicy! I sliced one up this morning and gave it a thorough sprinkle of cinnamon.

I also toasted up a slice of whole wheat bread and topped it with a pumpkin-peanut butter combo, and more peaches. The pumpkin-peanut butter combo is awesome; depending on what else you add, you don’t really end up tasting the pumpkin, but it makes it seem like you’re getting double the peanut butter. Lotsa volume…which is always great in my book!

Even though it is, technically, Coffee Friday, I still enjoyed a mug at home this morning. We’ll see whether or not I need to pick one up while I’m out later today. Winking smile

Happy Friday, everyone!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Do the Macarena in front of a table full of dinner guests -OR- dress up as a chicken and sit like that at a company meeting?
  • Be set up on a date by a good friend -OR- a professional matchmaker?
  • Date a high-profile politician -OR- a professional athlete?

Comments

mmm your peaches look so delicious – I wish i had your food photography skills!

I’d rather dress up as a chicken and sit like it at the company meeting. I’m sure you’ve read about my job and coworkers. I kind of love them and I know they would LOVE me sitting in a chicken costume. It would be the highlight of everyone’s day.

I’d rather be set up on a date by a good friend who knows me well…matchmaking is weird.

Would definitely want to date a professional athlete. I’m kind of obsessed with all of the trainers at my gym. I need an athlete for sure ;-)
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..How to be a Bad Influence on Your Parents

• Courtney says

Haha, yes, that doesn’t surprise me about dressing up like the chickens around your coworkers! It sounds like it’s pretty fun over there! :)

Peaches are awesome right now I agree! I love PB and pumpkin, best combo ever!
    Macarena in front of dinner guests. set up by a good friend – they know me best :) Professional athlete, I am not one for politics!
    Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

3. Katie says

OMG my boyfriend and I canceled DirecTV after 2 weeks! They had the worst customer service I had ever experienced and would never recommend it to ANYONE!!

HELLOOOO!! I’d totally do the Macarena. You don’t even have to force me. I may or may not have done it last weekend while sitting at a redlight surrounded by shocked onlookers!

1. Macarena, unless I have to sing it. I can’t sing.
    2. Good friend, because that situation would have double-dating potential! But I’m already engaged. :)
    3. Definitely professional athlete. My fiance is a personal trainer! Close enough for me.

We have a local provider called Grande because it is the only provider in Austin where you can buy the NFL Network (for my hubby) but it sucks we don’t have exercise TV! At our old house we had Time Warner and they had awesome work out channels….I loved doing the Carmen Electra dance videos!!
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Accent Vlogs

I used to have exercise TV and LOVED it!! Perfect for a day you can’t go to the gym, but I don’t have it anymore so upsetting.
    I would rather do the macarena. I have no problem dancing in front of guests:)
    Be set up on a date by a good friend, i’d trust their judgement!
    date a professional athlete! i love sports.
    Brittany recently posted..Way too Indecisive

The way you lay out your food on your plate always makes me laugh.. lol, it’s always so neat and organized. I love it… it’s almost like it comes from your personality (I always see how neat and clean your house looks and your blog posts are always written neat/gramatically correct, etc). That probably sounded weird.

Anyway, I am starting to prep for my personal training certificate today! I have a 3 day ACSM workshop this weekend to jump start my studying. I wish we were closer and could have study sessions!! Have an awesome weekend! :)
    Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Power Outage

• Courtney says

LOL, that’s not weird…I’ll take it as a compliment! (Even though my house is definitely NOT always as organized as you get to see it) ;)

Good luck with your training workshop this weekend! I wish I had a live workshop to attend with mine…just books and flash cards for me.

love the idea of pumpkin and nut butter. genius. and i am LOVING peaches right now too!

and i am jealous of you and your wifey powers of getting your bill reduced. i am such a push over when i call companies. i make my fiance call. haha.

have a great friday and weekend doll ♥

I love Exercise TV! Why buy DVDs when you have that?

You are right, peaches and nectarines are amazing right now! You pictures have me salivating at the moment. Luckily I have a nectarine sitting on my desk, ready to be eaten!

– I would rather do the macarena. I actually sort of enjoy it still. Is that sad?
    – I woudl rather be set up on a date by a friend. They know me better than a matchmaker.
    – I’m gonna go with a professional politician. Have you even seen Basketball Wives on VH1? I do not want to get caught up in all of that shizz by dating an athlete! Yikes!
    Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Day of Rest, Night of Joy

We have directv and it used to have FitTV which I absolutely LOVED. They dropped that channel and now there is just have discovery health – which is fine if you have a DVR because you can just record the workouts you want and then do them whenever (they are on at really weird times, like 3am). Other than that, I love DirecTV – wish they would bring back more of the fitness stuff!
    I did just find exercisetv.com though and that’s always an option…
    Kim @thefamilypractice recently posted..Four Veggies, Four Separate Meals

I love Excercise TV! There is no reason to skip a workout anymore. The ab workouts are killer. Almost couldn’t get out of bed after doing a double ab workout last week!

I’ve been curious about excercise TV. Let us know what you think! Haha-what dinner guests, I have some friends I could do the macarena in front of and not be bothered-they’d probably join in even. As for blind dates, I have some friends I could trust, though I’m not someone who’d probably go on a blind date (I gotta know him first). Hm…tough call but athlete I guess?
    Rebecca recently posted..WIAW #6