Grill Master + Mind Reader

I’m seriously pondering the idea of whether or not Jay is an actual mind reader. Or maybe we just have some weird, married couple’s ESP thing going on. Either way, here’s why.

This afternoon, after posting the Pumpkin Black Bean Soup recipe, a few of you mentioned the idea of pumpkin beer.

comment2

I saw this first comment from Krissie, and I thought, “Okay, pumpkin beer sounds pretty good right about now.”

Then, I saw the comment from Kim that only furthered my quickly developing desire for pumpkin beer.

comment1

That was it. Now I couldn’t wait for pumpkin beer…and I wanted one in a bad way.

Then this evening rolls around and Jay comes home from work. But Jay does not come home from work empty handed.

Jay comes home with this…

And as if he wasn’t already the man of my dreams, he has now officially reached that status. Seriously.

When I first saw the Blue Point Brewing Company label, I actually thought he was toting my favorite blueberry beer, which would have been fantastic. But oh no. He had gone and picked up some of their Pumpkin Ale.

I am a happy, happy girl. Smile

*****

Shortly after he got home, we got to work on dinner which we kept super duper simple tonight. This morning, I took some out some chicken from the freezer that we had previously marinated and frozen. Then, while the grill master worked his magic out on the grill, I took care of the rest.

I cooked up a small can (yes, a can) of diced carrots and steamed them in the mirco with some Garlic Gold. I also cooked a couple servings of instant brown rice (yep, I told you tonight was simple!) which I topped with some leftover homemade pico de gallo.

My sides were okay, for being what they were, but Jay’s chicken turned out fantastic. I’m telling you, he works wonders on that grill.

He’s a grill master AND a mind reader?!? Holy cow, I’m one lucky gal. Winking smile

Simple and satisfying. Just further proof that healthy and delicious doesn’t have to be difficult.

Whether or not the beer is “healthy?” Welllll…I don’t really care. Winking smile

*****

Get your fist pumps in the air, ladies and gents…

It’s Jersey Shore night! High five (<—close enough to a fist pump?)

(hopefully I stay awake long enough to watch…)

Questions for the Evening:

What time do you usually head to bed on weeknights?

What time do you typically wake up on weekdays?

Comments

1. Ally says

I’m usually in bed sometime between 9:30-10 and asleep somewhere between 10:30-11. If I have a morning workout planned I wake up at 5:30 or 5:45 and if I’m “sleeping in”, 6:45 for work.
    I swear I’m a grandma and have a really hard time staying up past 10!
    Ally recently posted..Half day

That dinner looks amazing! I go to bed anywhere between 10 & 11 on weeknights and about the same on weekends, maybe a little later depending on whats happening. Lately I’ve been sticking to my guns and getting up weekday mornings between 5:30 & 6:30 which has been so awesome!
    Kelly @ not so rocky road recently posted..It’s That Time Again

I am intrigued by the pumpkin beer! I may need to try it!.. well when I’m 21 of course? I have the same ESP thing with my mom. We read each other’s minds all the time.
    Brittany recently posted..Busy Day

That is so awesome he brought it home! What a sweetie pie!

I generally go to bed between 11:30 – 12:30 on weeknights (I’ve always been a hugeee night owl), and I don’t have to be at work until 9, so I could get up as late as 8 if I want. I live about 2 minutes driving distance from work so it gives me the choice to sleep in or workout in the morning– I am just an afternoon exerciser, so I have been going after work and choosing to sleep in lately.
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Sweet or Savory?

I would love to be in bed by 10pm every night and wake up around 5.30-6am. Sadly, it doesn’t happen as often as I’d like but the nights I do get to bed early I certainly get up and get my workout over with for the day. My bf sometimes calls my a granny for wanting to go to bed so early..glad to read that many other gals head to bed around the same time!!

What a sweetheart for surprising you with beer! :) The little things are the best! My schedule really varies for waking up/getting to bed. If I have class I get up at 5:30, if I have clinical I get up at 4:20, if I have nothing on the agenda but studying I shoot for 7. I like being in bed by 11 at the latest on weeknights.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..A New Practice

That’s so sweet! I think you do have married-people ESP. Maybe my fiance’s will kick in when we get married?

The chicken looks fantastic! I have Jersey Shore DVR’d, and I’m turning it on now…
    Jodi recently posted..Running Milestone

My husband and I have become amazing at reading each other’s minds…it’s crazy sometimes how much we think alike! I suppose that’s a good thing?!

I usually go to bed around 10:30-10:45 and wake up at 6:30-6:45 during the week. I have a feeling tonight I’m going to hit the hay a little earlier though…I’m wiped!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Blog Milestones

Wait- pumpkin beer DOESN’T count towards your 5 – a day…man! I haven’t been loving chicken lately but your dinner has really spurred on a craving for me! Weeknights I”m usually in bed by 11 and aim to be asleep before 12…..in the morning, I’m up by 7.45…love my new work times (10.30 – 6.30)
    Khushboo recently posted..BPB: This is the remix

Aw, so cool of Jay! I’ve had blueberry beer in Brugges, Belgium (like the Beer capital of Europe) and it was awesome! So sweet and tasty :-) Pumpkin beer sounds sweet!
    I wake up at 7am on weekdays, and usually head to be between 10-11am…but I’m totally not averse to working out super early and waking up at 5.30am…although right now I don’t have to with my schedule…but I find you so inspiring with your super-early starts! :-) I never understand people who can stay up really late, I’m like a total granny too – I get so tired after like 11pm, lol! And such an early bird – mornings are the BEST! xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..short strength session & sooo many squats!

Trackbacks